Facehugger help????

TazVader

Sr Member
G'day guys,

I am pretty ineperienced in modelling in particuliar the painting aspect. I want to paint a facehugger kit. Might any of you fine fellows/ettes share some insight? Please dumb it down for me. If I decide to just hire someone to paint it for me what's a reasonable price?????

Cheers
Christian

The absolute hardest thing I've EVER painted...

I did it on commission. I went to a very appreicative and cool RPF member, and I am proud and happy that it is part of his collection. If I did another, I'd charge a LOT of money. LOTs of surface area to cover; VERY difficult to get a convincing and detailed organic look. Yoda was a cake-walk by comparison.

gee...don't encourage me then LOL Seriously though mate. Thanks for the info. Any tips on how to paint the thing though?

BTW How much is alot of money? Say the priming and filling ect was already done?

Regards
TAZ

Well, I would start by mixing a good flesh color for the main part of the body tail and fingers. For the belly you'd probably need to add some reds and even a little purple in there, but nothing too extreme. Try to shade with thinned light browns that flow into the recessed areas.

Have no idea if the fingernails should be any special or if a coat of gloss clear would be enough. The rest of the kit should be semi-gloss/satin, as it didn't have a high gloss look and it always looks fake on replicas.

You painting a Halcyon/Tsukuda full scale kit or something else?

Have you already assembled the kit? Would love to see pictures.

gee...don't encourage me then LOL Seriously though mate. Thanks for the info. Any tips on how to paint the thing though?

BTW How much is alot of money? Say the priming and filling ect was already done?

Regards
TAZ

I hear ya! The fun part is doing the research for the underside! :love

Hold on to your butts...

FH010.jpg

FH001.jpg

FH003.jpg

FH004.jpg

FH005.jpg

FH006.jpg

FH007.jpg

FH012.jpg

FH013.jpg

FH014.jpg

FH008.jpg

FH009.jpg

FH002.jpg

FH011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, half of those photos need to be labeled NSFW! :$

Excellent job! After seeing those photos, kind of puts a new spin on "face hugger." :lol

It's Taz's thread, so I won't really get into the 'Burster too much. But it is actually not that hot. One of my first 1:1 projects, little or no paint (raw vinyl) and "blood" that is now dried and cracked.

Hey...ignore my PM, PH.....I told/asked if you would post those pics LOL

Yes...it's very female.......but in a disgusting way. That Geiger sure is a sick and twisted genius LOL

PH...anything you wanna post is fine with me mate. It's all good. Beautiful, outstanding work! I can only hope mine is 1/4 as nice:)

If you have the time a written tutorial would benefit everyone who needs to paint this kit........aaahhhh I can't stop looking at it LOL

Regards
Christian

Last edited:
Actually the facehugger is very male... it has been characterized as an "ambulatory penis".

The... depositor tube, is not featured on screen for very long, but you can see it if you're quick. It's probing for Burke right after the shock bit where it comes to life in the stasis tube. And also it's whipping around when it's trying to impregnate Ripley. Whatever you call it.

aliensfacehugeggtubeug4.jpg

The depositor tube is ...er... amputated here, for Bishop's "dissection" scene.

aliensfacehugdissectpx1.jpg

YUCK!!!!!!!! Nice insight mate. Has anyone ever made that as a display? The Facehugger autopsy?

Sure would be cool:)

TAZ

Last edited:
here's the frame from Bishop's dissection scene.

aliensfacehugdissect2ka8.jpg

There's a similar examination scene in the first film, where Ash probes at the dead facehugger after it comes off of Kane. The prop in the first film is a sort of plastic shell with offal from the butcher shop filling in for "guts".

huggerdeadne9.jpg

huggerdead2pr3.jpg

- k

The facehugger design went through many iterations... early Dan O'Bannon and Ron Cobb sketches showed a much larger creature with suckers, legs, and other appendages, but nothing very well defined.

roncobbfacehuggerdesignbr1.jpg

facehuggigersketch00ub1.jpg

Giger brought to the design his bizarrely sexual imagery... and the facehugger concept started to emerge.

As before, early tries were much larger, and featured the depositor tube coming out of the beast's "mouth" or "head"... later the head was deleted altogether, resulting in a weird headless beast that was all legs and tail.

facehuggigersketch01vk5.jpg

facehuggigersketch02im0.jpg

facehuggigersketch03oa4.jpg

facehuggigersketch04bp0.jpg

- k

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back