"[Eyeofsauron's] 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Deathstroke-Arkham Origins"

Re: deathstroke arkham origins - Pep file&Pattern inside! new pics of new stuff!

progress is slow right now, but little things are being done :D

heres the sword sheath and the headband:)

deathstroke_mask_headband_and_back_1_by_eyeofsauron-d7md2sc.jpg
deathstroke_mask_headband_and_back_2___closeup_by_eyeofsauron-d7md2z5.jpg
20140613_203622_by_eyeofsauron-d7md0u7.jpg

Re: deathstroke arkham origins - Pep file&Pattern inside! new pics of new stuff!

Sweet ! I thought of a good Idea for the leather . What I'm actually going to do is order pleather fabric online and sew it up to make the straps and stuff. So just another idea for ya

- Gavin

the problem with pleather is that its rather thin, and it will not support all the weight i feel.you gotta remember that theres a sword sheath attached to it, among other stuff. it will probably deform.
you gotta put in some sort of support, or use regular, thicker leather

I was thinking it might be like that do you think I could find some type of foam to put in it?

- Gavin

sheath is just cardboard and paper mache, then i drilled in the holes, put on those strengthening rings for holed paper (you know those rings that you put on pages if the holes tear, so you can put them ina folder again). the inside is lined with white fabric (that i had left over) to prevent any scratches etc on the sword.

i coated the whole thing in pva glue, spraypainted it black, and then used a silver acrylic paint pen to paint the rings. im not real happy with it, i wanted to make it out of foamcore, but couldnt get any. if i have time when everything else is finished, ill redo it.

sheath is just cardboard and paper mache, then i drilled in the holes, put on those strengthening rings for holed paper (you know those rings that you put on pages if the holes tear, so you can put them ina folder again). the inside is lined with white fabric (that i had left over) to prevent any scratches etc on the sword.

i coated the whole thing in pva glue, spraypainted it black, and then used a silver acrylic paint pen to paint the rings. im not real happy with it, i wanted to make it out of foamcore, but couldnt get any. if i have time when everything else is finished, ill redo it.

Awesome!!

Nice cosplay, und cool dass du auch aus Österreich bist, da kann ich dich ja besser über deine Sachen fragen, wo du die her hast ^^
zB den EVA Foam, wo hast du den gekauft?

damn, multiposted....btw kommst du auf irgendeine Convention in Wien...Aninite, Nippon Nation oder so?

Der Bauhaus wo ich war hatte keinen, wie heißt das bei uns, Moosgummi oder auch EVA Foam/Schaum oder wie auch immer? ^^

du musst das denen genau erklären was du willst, mit schaumplatten verstehn die gar nix. am besten sagen puzzlematten, und am handy ein bild bereit habn zum herzeign. ich muss das auch jedes mal machn weil sie die immer umräumen und dann net auskennen.

I've been having trouble finding out how to get all the indentations in the armour can you tell me how you did all the different kinds?

- Gavin

using 1cm and sometimes 2mm, i just scetched them out on mypatterns and offset the foam :D

Thank you and sorry to ask so many questions how do you offset it?

- Gavin

cut it out and offset it and glue it? idk what you mean, that seems pretty straight forward to me :D i just eyeball most of it :D

I can't wait to see this! If anyone can pull it off you can!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back