"[Eyeofsauron's] 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Deathstroke-Arkham Origins"

Re: deathstroke arkham origins build - Pep file&Pattern inside! Sword+staff finished!

Ok thanx :)

I finished the jaw also but i think the scale is to small and i am way too much of a noob to do proper scaling i am also thinking of using a ironman neck piece to tie in with the helmet i tried scaling but the pieces of bandana is limiting my basic pep skills haha my measurement from my crown to chin is about 26 cm do you think it will fit? this is my progress so far and thanx again for the awesome file this is my first decent pep build

I will be building the full suit as well and if got a nice Beretta 92sb for the suit IMG-20140507-00321.jpg

two finished pieces my patch for the knot of the bandana front view from the jaw
IMG-20140507-00317.jpgIMG-20140507-00318.jpgIMG-20140507-00320.jpg

Re: deathstroke arkham origins build - Pep file&Pattern inside! Sword+staff finished!

working on it little by little.
doing this on a budget as usual, because lets face it, im constantly broke :D

fortunately, being broke forever gave me pretty good paper mache skills xD

so, the mask has been coated outside and inside with paper mache, 1 layer on the outside, various on the inside for strength. getting a more uniform surface brings out the details of the model quite nicely.

on thing i can advice: dont use the small back plate. i did at first (i also replaced the knot when building it, btw), but even after i shaved off half of its height, it was still weird looking. i even covered in paper mache too when it was on there, but it just made the whole thing look weird. its also not the right shape if you go by reference art. too short, too wide, and overall clunky

so what i did was: papermached the regular back plate for strength, then drew out the pattern like it was on the reference, then layed 2 mm foamies over it, traced it out, and made the smaller plate out of 2 layers of it (one for the latches for the belts, a second for the raised layer.
after i glued that on, the helmet looked much more complete. i did one layer of paper mache over it just for uniformity of material, for the filler to grip on.

btw, my 2 back plates wont be seperable. the belts on the side will only be for decoration, there will be 3 magnets where the belts are supposed to connect, so it just snaps on and off. this way its also easy to put on.

so, theres still quite a way to go (and i can only work so much at a time at it, cause of university exams), it still needs at least 2 more coats of paper mache on the inside, before i cut it appart. but i thought id share my findings so you dont have to make the same mistake too :D

btw the mask and the back plate are only connected with a couple of hot glue spots, so i can papermache it and it stays in shape, once im sure it will keep the shape i will take it appart again.

i also made a quick batman cowl from foam, to go with the deathstroke cosplay for the photoshoot. it still needs to be plastidipped, i just gave it a quick black sprayover. needs some adjustments with wires around nose and cheeks so its closer to my face, but overall it looks good enough, cause its not actually gonna be worn :D

so, enough talk, here are some pics:

Attachments

• 20140508_223929.jpg
    20140508_223929.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 573
  • 20140508_223945.jpg
    20140508_223945.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 414
  • 20140508_223956.jpg
    20140508_223956.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 645
  • 20140508_224008.jpg
    20140508_224008.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 642
  • 20140508_224014.jpg
    20140508_224014.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 624
  • 20140501_235557.jpg
    20140501_235557.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 543
  • 20140502_012639.jpg
    20140502_012639.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 418

Ok thanx :)

I finished the jaw also but i think the scale is to small and i am way too much of a noob to do proper scaling i am also thinking of using a ironman neck piece to tie in with the helmet i tried scaling but the pieces of bandana is limiting my basic pep skills haha my measurement from my crown to chin is about 26 cm do you think it will fit? this is my progress so far and thanx again for the awesome file this is my first decent pep build

I will be building the full suit as well and if got a nice Beretta 92sb for the suitView attachment 321428

two finished pieces my patch for the knot of the bandana front view from the jaw
View attachment 321425View attachment 321426View attachment 321427
i honestly dont know, im terrible at sizing myself, theres hardly any models that i only need to build once :D

btw for the gun, yours is totally fine, but we allready figured out (i made a thread in the OT about the gun) that its a baby desert eagle with some attachments.

heres a reference image i found of it

Attachments

• deathstroke gun.jpg
    deathstroke gun.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 416
Re: deathstroke arkham origins - Pep file&Pattern inside! new pics of new stuff!

ok, so ive been working off and on on this, and i finished the pattern for my forearm piece yesterday, so i had to build one of them today.

i also finished the grenades (these are actually "functional" in the way that you can pull the safety, and flip off the spoon), and put a first coat of body filler on the helmet, but i didnt get to sand it today. tomorrow will be sanding day :D

here have some pics of a quick photoshop for color and comparison to the reference!

Attachments

• forearm 1.jpg
    forearm 1.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 767
  • forearm 2 colored.jpg
    forearm 2 colored.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 617
  • grenades.jpg
    grenades.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 577
  • forearm 1 colored.jpg
    forearm 1 colored.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 704
Re: deathstroke arkham origins - Pep file&Pattern inside! new pics of new stuff!

im also allmost done with the helmet. another coat of filler primer should get rid of the last imperfections.

here, have a pic

Attachments

• 20140528_214158.jpg
    20140528_214158.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 908

Amazing work!! I'm making a arkham origins deathstroke as we'll I found a really good orange/copper spray paint that looks identical to his and to get the carbon fiber look I'm going to lay a tool box liner over the helmet then spray copper and it should have all the dots.

- Gavin

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401317306.279873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401317306.279873.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 263

Those gauntlets look amazing. Any chance you could take a picture and show how the front and back transistion together?

so, i threw everything on real quick (one side, the other side is also pretty much finished, minus the shoulder.)

quick photoshop paintjob, but overall pretty happy with how it looks by now. also i did an eyepatch shot with the neck seal on, and channeled my inner deathstroke :D

Attachments

• arm+mask.jpg
    arm+mask.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 20140531_201907.jpg
    20140531_201907.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 417

I was originally just going to use a baklava but now I'm making a neck seal! I really like your helmet too!

- Gavin

hey EyeofSauron, where did you get the armor files, or did you make them yourself ? if you did, are you planning on posting them ?

no armor files, i just use basic files out of paper, and then draw the patterns on. like, i wrap the areas i want to build in paper, and then when i get the shape i want, i cut it off my body, and draw the patterns on the paper

Hey Gavin Great Work man. A buddy of mine made a deathstroke for me and i added a few things here and there but check it out comic con 61.jpg

awesome work man! i'm working on a project of my own and was wondering what you're doing for all the leather straps. i can't seem to find a place where i can buy the right type of straps

awesome work man! i'm working on a project of my own and was wondering what you're doing for all the leather straps. i can't seem to find a place where i can buy the right type of straps
unless you want to spend a buttton of money on a leather hide, to get all the full length of belts out of it, youre not gonna find the perfect belts. what im gonna do: A store here sells all color of foamies by the roll, or rather by meter (like fabric) im gonna get 2 m of brown foamies (which would be 2 m x90 cm), a couple of meters of backpack straps in the right width, and then wrap the foam around the straps. then im gonna treat them so they look like leather. this way i dont have to spend hundreds of dollars on actual leather belts, and the straps inside will still support the weight.

unless you want to spend a buttton of money on a leather hide, to get all the full length of belts out of it, youre not gonna find the perfect belts. what im gonna do: A store here sells all color of foamies by the roll, or rather by meter (like fabric) im gonna get 2 m of brown foamies (which would be 2 m x90 cm), a couple of meters of backpack straps in the right width, and then wrap the foam around the straps. then im gonna treat them so they look like leather. this way i dont have to spend hundreds of dollars on actual leather belts, and the straps inside will still support the weight.
ok cool! thanks for the tip!

i just realized i didnt put up the latest pics yet :) so here, have at thee!

front and back finished, still needs the sides tho. both spine and abs are all seperate pieces, and will be connected so they are all moving independently, for movement reasons.

havent photoshop colored the back, but you get the idea :D

Attachments

• 10294319_644473492305515_6483132466453954472_n.jpg
    10294319_644473492305515_6483132466453954472_n.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 723
  • 20140604_214254.jpg
    20140604_214254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 609

Hi EOS I found this image of Deathstroke maybe you have the same one i just thought it might help with the rest of the finer details of the suit1 deathstroke-arkham-origins-first-build-image.jpeg

Yep i have this and also the mapped and textured Version but thx for posting it anyway, now everyone can use it for reference ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back