Escape From New York Remake

Hey as long as John C. gets some money from it i am all for it, now with that being said you could'nt PAY me to see this ludicrious idea! :lol

Interesting to see if they include how Snake loses his eye escaping from Leningrad, as they teased the movie will start in another city not in the US.

You should read what it turned into in One Second After.

VERY good read! And yes, when I heard about this book I bought it and read it with the end of Escape from LA in mind and I was not disappointed!

The original EFNY movie is hardly known among people under 30.
It's not even very strong among those under 40.
It's more than old enough for a remake.
It wasn't Shakespeare to begin with.

I say let them try remaking it.

We get to know Snake's real name?

If I recall Halk says it in the first meet with Snake "S.D. Bob Plissken" then Snake replies with "Bob Halk" or something then the "weve heard of you too Plissken" line...

A couple years back Timothy Olyphant was in the lead for Snake when Justified was at the top. Crazy thing is, it would work as a direct continuation of the classic character, not a re imagining. Age aside as KR was about 28 in EFNY while TO was about 28 during Scream 2 making TO near 50 now. They are near the same height encase that whole conundrum conversation presents itself.

TO at 28
11l52s2.jpg

and TO now:
2jc97yc.jpg

I mean, whatever. They wanna remake it? Knock yourself out. I've given up on Hollywood's fetish for remakes. They're gonna happen until they stop making money because it's easier to tap an old property than to come up with a new ****ing idea.

But the story described in that article sounds bloody terrible, and sounds like they're just doing the typical idiotic remake thing of slapping a name on top of an otherwise craptastic idea.

NEWS FLASH: if your sh**ty idea isn't good enough to entertain on its own, sticking a brand name (especially a not-quite-40-year-old brand name from a cult film) on it won't save you.

I wonder if the folks who remade Total Recall thought that film was a financial success? I'm guessing not.

Since the story seems to have nothing to do with the original story, why is this considered a remake? Why don't they just say it is another sequel with new casting?

If you think about it, EFNY was already remade and is a cult favorite just renamed "Idiocracy". Where EFNY was a mirror of world fears at the time, Idiocracy predicted future fears.

If you think about it, EFNY was already remade and is a cult favorite just renamed "Idiocracy". Where EFNY was a mirror of world fears at the time, Idiocracy predicted future fears.
If they want a film that's a reflection of present day politics they should make "Escape to Canada" starring Bryan Cranston and Barbara Streisand.

too soon?

Last edited:
If they want a film that's a reflection of present day politics they should make "Escape to Canada" starring Bryan Cranston and Barbara Streisand.

too soon?

Oh no you didunt!

Personally, I would like to see this happen....but it will most likely be a stinker. Marvel has set the bar to sell Scifi to the masses, and they do it well.

They are so stupid.
Snake shut off the world in the last one. The globe plunged back 500 years.
So... Escape TO New York.
Once a massive prison, now a fortress with it's own self made form of civilization against the anarchy and chaos the rest of the world
has fallen into.

The only decent way to play in the EFNY sandbox now is a straight-out remake. No sequels/continuity. The original timeline has been wrecked by history. The last movie wiped out civilization. From a filmmaking POV the first movie was the best idea.

Last edited:
Re: Escape from NY (sigh... remake)

At least this one will be honest at being a remake. And I saw Lockdown in the theater!

:cool

In this current Political climate it's gonna be interesting to see what Carpenter comes out with

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back