I think Teri Copley...
teri-copley-thumb.jpg

Here she is in a Daphne-style suit!

photo1.jpg

I always thought that she looked like Teresa Ganzel:

180full-teresa-ganzel.jpg

electic-tiki-dragons-lair-daphne-sculpt-opinion-pdvd_01-jpg-29152d1279091124

Last edited:
Ryu, I took your picture and changed a few things. My crappy Paint skills cant compare but I thought the eyes and eyebrows needed much more arch. And maybe you could make the color of her hair right? LOL I dont have the software to do it. If you want to, make it a much lighter yellow instead of the gold color they went with...

daphne.jpg

If you want to, make it a much lighter yellow instead of the gold color they went with...

Ok sir.
attachment.php

Here I lightened the hair, bulked up the hair on top, then I thickened the eyelashes, extended them, raised the eyeshadow and eyebrow, lengthened and thickened the eyebrown. I also did another small edit to the mouth.

I see what you were trying to do with the mouth, Davy, but I didn't reproduce it. I guess I'm just not a fan of teeth, well at least not hers. :lol

Ryu

Last edited:
Well thank you Davey Jones and Ryu, you killed my interest in purchasing it. :)

Seriously, that last attempt is a massive improvement. I love it!

Yeah me too - those improvements they did show just how off the statue really is. Well.... (raises a glass) - here's hoping the Space Ace Kimberly and Dexter looks better than this.

Lets not jump the gun yet...I still need to see this in person and of course I will post pics. I sure do like Ryu's improvements though.

Did she ever work at Dreamworks? I know Will Finn and he was the voice of Dexter in the Space Ace video game.

I don' t think so. She worked for Buth on Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2, Dragon's Lair 3-D, Xanadu, Secret of Nimh, An American Tail and The Land Before Time. Other than that I believe the rest of her career she has worked for Disney from Who Framed Roger Rabbit all the way through the current Princess and the Frog.

Hey everyone....I got my thread moved over to "General Modeling" where everyone can now read it because I found several people who can't get into the Off Topic area, were wanting to take a look who had the same interests.

Ryu and Davy Jones......one suggestion if I may. Go back and add text on your pics under each maquette with something like for example " Edited and Original" so people dont get confused or assume your edited versions are the actual ones Electirc Tiki is selling.

I also want to emphasize again this is NOT anything against Electric Tiki. I encourage anyone who loves Toons, Animation and Old TV shows to look at their Maquettes. This is a small company bringing back characters from somewhat forgotten old tv shows and toons. I find their work top quallity.

Just got back from the Comic Con and before go to bed exhausted I just wanted to get these pics posted and hear everyone's feedback. I'll post my opinions later today. It is my understanding this is an "unpolished prototype" and my closeups show some roughness so keep that in mind. I also took some pics using available light and flash to get a variety of shots. Lets hear your opinions.

She looks much better here then she does in on the Electric Tiki site. Somehow the high key lighting of the Tiki photo isn't doing her facial expression any favors. However, in these pics from Comic-con she looks less like a "harlot" and a LITTLE more like the Daphne we now and love. I've owed the arcade version since 1986 and should be ecstatic but I'm still not totally blown away.

I agree with a previous poster. I would of rather had her smaller and in the bubble. What a great display that would have made!

I understand it's an "Unfinished prototype" but is it me or does this prototype look less finished then the one on the Tiki site? Or is it just these closer photos with the fluorescent lighting really bring out the blemishes?

I saw it in person and I thought it was goofy looking..It looks pretty bad in person..Something with her face is just off...My opinion of course

Now my opinion..finally got some needed sleep. I looked at this for a long time at the Comic Con and felt it isn't as bad in person as in their photos on the Tiki Web Site. Talking via emails to Tracy Lee, I have been told that this is an "Unpolished Prototype". Meaning the final ready to go to casting sculpt will be cleaner. Although I have some reservations still....I may just buy this anyway. I'm kinda 50/50 and I really don't see anyone else doing a Daphne now or in the future. Its a definite that Lee isn't going to make any changes so If the prices stay as low as they have been I may just take the chance if it isn't a lot of money.....besides if I find I was wrong and get tired of the face I could just make a tiny paper bag to go over her head. :lol

I guess I'm not going to pick this up as it is. The problem is just the face for the most part too. At least they haven't started pre-orders yet and what they are showing is unfinished so maybe there is a chance. Still the guy who did the sculpt for Daphne also sculpted the coming Dave Stevens Bettie Page for Dark Horse. Bettie's likeness is perfect to Stevens artwork. So there's still hope for Daphne maybe...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back