EFX X Wing repaint

Shouls I use my laquer based white primer for the top coat. Or pick up one of their flat or gloss white finishes?
(getting ready to try my hand at my Salzo paint job!)

Thanks,

Evan

In my experience the lacquer primers go on the smoothest. I used the white sandable primer as the top coat for this project. I don't know if that's how the originals were done, but to my eye it looks like a perfect match to the base color of the studio models.

Just need to do the R2.

efx_x13.jpg

efx_x10.jpg

efx_x11.jpg

efx_x12.jpg

efx_x14.jpg

efx_x15.jpg

Last edited:
Great Job Rich, beautiful paintwork. Its a MASSIVE leap over what some hack sprayed on her in the factory......but, that Hasbro canopy still goes along way to hurt my eyes.

lee

This paint job is absolutely fabulous. It's accurate and really brings out the details on the efx. Plus, you completed it in record time. wow! :thumbsup

Sorry, late to the party.

I have one of these. The factory paint job doesn't bother me but what does bother me is that when the room is completely dark, you can see the glow of the interior lighting escaping through the seams on the side. Did your repaint fix that?

Great job REL. I'd love to do the same to mine but my skill level isn't good enough yet for me to feel confident enough yet :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back