Efx TIE- is it worth it?

"Efx TIE- is it worth it?"

Yes.
Yes, it is.

Along with sanding/filing down the wing caps, I also had the issue of the support rod not fitting in the internal aluminum armature as well as dented/scuffed display plate. Both the vendor and Bryan from eFX corrected the issues (well, the replacement baseplate that goes under the acrylic is still dented/scuffed, but not as bad as the first) and were great to deal with. I still LOVE the piece.

Forgot about that KevVader, My first one mounting rod fit perfectly... second one (first came broke from shipping... ups dummies), I DID have to lathe it down a thousandth or so to fit into the inner armature...

We could almost buy our own ship for that!

My friend has one and it's pretty cool. I didn't get one because I want to try to build one eventually.

Yeah I built a Nice-N a few years ago and love it to bits. Although I never received some bits Steve promised to send me but that's another story. If I didnt have that one I'd be keen on the EFX as its a real beauty and I think well worth the $. :)

Ben

I know exactly what you mean. I was always going to have the X Wing, Vader helmet and Scout Trooper helmet plus many other props, but the TIE was never on my most wanted list.
However, reading a couple of threads started the itch. The fact nobody seemed to have a bad word and the fact it was a relatively small issue number, made the itch get worse. You start looking at pictures again and again and before you know it, you've pushed the button.
Really glad I started this thread as it's helped me make the decision and I've now just landed myself one thanks to Forcesensitive.
Should be here next week.

For me it was exactly the opposite. I was never interested in the X-wing, even in my childhood I never cared for them. They looked too much like a regular fighter jet from our days. On the other hand I was instantly impressed by the TIE Fighters: unique appearance, iconic sound, cool ways of moving/fighting in space. The TIE's are so simple and still so iconic.

Ok, it was not about the wings coming off. It was about getting the wings on....

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php/43321-eFX-TIE-Fighter?p=766223&viewfull=1#post766223

if you read on, it looks to suggest what Scottjua stated above.

...and now I am wanting this TIE even more.. Screw you all! :p

After you sand down the inner wing caps as I said in the link above (yeah, that's me ;)) and if you manage to peel off the the sticky paper on the acrylic base without wanting to shoot your neighbors:D, you'll have a fantastic model. Only 657 made - love the "round" edition number LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410178903.810447.jpg

Thanks jkno & catch :))))))

First off, let me just say.... I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!! :angry

My eFx should be arriving within a week. :facepalm

Thanks to Scottjua for pointing me to a FS thread in the Rebelscum forums... I hate him even more.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back