eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

eFX newsletter:

tie.png

Can anyone confirm whether the eFX Tie will have any cockpit lights? I've seen the LED lights at the rear of the hull but I've never seen any pics showing cockpit lights. Seems a shame to put the Gentle Giant TIE pilot in there and have him sitting in darkness!

Chris

Seems a shame to put the GG TIE Pilot Figure in there, at all! :D

Kidding. Sorta, LOL. I imagine it will be removable... It's a fine sculpt, just not exactly studio scale. I know, I know. That's what most of the 657 buyers will be expecting. Still, there's nothing like a modified AF pilot with plenty of putty and modded kit parts! :lol

It's supposed to be any time now. A guy on the inside said it's seriously close to being ready. I'd bet within a month we'll see them shipping.

The following was posted today by TK1701 on the rebelscum replica prop forum (he seems to be a former Master Replicas employee and seems to have access to Bryan in eFX):

"The TIE Fighters are in production and probably will have some units ready to start shipping from China in April.

The Luke EPV SE's for the most part have been done for some time now, but as reported the visor didn't look good vacuum-formed so it was switched to injection-molded. That change added several weeks to the schedule.

The Luke Reveals should be in full production soon. We were just waiting for a final sample with all of the changes from the original factory sample to be approved.

Luke PCR sabers should be shipping soon.

We have been delaying the pre-order announcement of the Vader EPIV helmet because we have been waiting on the final prototype to be completed by the designer. That's a very common tale it seems with these guys. Their sense of urgency seem to ever match ours, but when you are striving for accuracy you have to go with the best resources available. Sometimes that just means you have to wait a lot longer than you really want to in order to get the final product.

The BSG Helmet has gone back and forth several times with the factory trying to get it just right, but we think the sample coming this week from the factory will be approved and then we can start production.

We'll have a new sample of the Nautilus due in this week with the new Salon changes. If approved we'll be able to move right into production.

Other than that I don't think there is anything else to tell about existing products. Hopefully we'll be able to make some new announcements in the coming weeks."

Link: Threads.Rebelscum.com: eFX, Communication, & Their Presence on the Forums

Message from eFX:

Almost to an item, it seems like every production schedule has been getting delayed for one reason or another. In some cases we have had to remake a tool 5 times and they still can't seem to get it right, no matter how much direction and input we give them.

That being said, it seems like things are finally starting to come together. Updated TIE and Legendary Vader Helmet samples arrived this week and look good. Full scale production should be taking place very soon. It's likely we could have 2 to 3 items shipping out of China in August.

-----

Well, the Legendary will be done first and actually they are pretty far along at this point. All of the approvals have gone smoothly and in fact all of the samples have been spot on. It's a pretty rare thing, but if everything goes smoothly with a project it can go very fast. And we held off on the pre-order of that one for quite a while, so it was a little further along to begin with.

The nice thing is there is no tooling involved with the Vader Helmet. And the molds are from the original pattern, so it's really just a matter of getting the paint correct. And that's actually been more or less perfect on the samples.

Unlike the TIE that has a ton of tooling with really detailed undercuts. It is progressing but each tool can take up to 12 weeks to complete. The latest sample looks good and should get in full production very soon.

The Luke Reveal is going fine. The machining of the parts is what is going to drag the schedule a bit, but the first batch should ship by August if not sooner.

The X-Wing Helmet would have been done 6 months ago if not for the visor tooling errors. The factory had it remade 5 times and still it wasn't right. So plan-G is going ahead to get that finished.

So all in all things are getting closer than ever to completion. Even the Nautilus will be done by late August or early September if the current schedule holds.

Threads.Rebelscum.com: eFX ANH TIE Fighter - Part 3

If I had a complany f- a prototype up 5 times I'd be looking for a new company... that's just inexcusable...

Of course it also means they eFX are paying attention to all the little details which is a positive.

Looking forward to it actually getting out.

Jedi Dade

How much is the Vader helmet? Is this the ANH version? When I visited the site it seemed they were giving you what amounted to a deposit rather than the actual price. I found myself digging through fine print trying to find the actual price. Or, maybe I'm just confused. . . Thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back