Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Nice! That Kobold looks like mine where the holes for the ring sit a bit more towards the center screwhole. I'm glad I went with Roy's pre-cut tracks. The only ones I'd consider scratch building would be vintage. Are those Gino's ones vintage?

Nice! That Kobold looks like mine where the holes for the ring sit a bit more towards the center screwhole. I'm glad I went with Roy's pre-cut tracks. The only ones I'd consider scratch building would be vintage. Are those Gino's ones vintage?

No Gino track are not vintage. He was once the art director for eFX and had access to the Lucasfilm archives and supposedly the track that he makes is based off of the measurements that he took from there off actual track.

Ultimately, it's all a matter of preference but I find Roy's track too tall and too wide.

Hey gang, long time no update :)

I've got a few more goodies recently and I'll get to those in a subsequent post but I wanted to give this particular prop it's due as well as the person that helped finish it for me!

As with many of you here, I grew up watching Star Wars (really!). And of course the one prop that's always represented Star Wars to me was the iconic lightsaber. And to me, *the* lightsaber that I loved the most growing up was Luke's green saber in ROTJ.

Of course this was before knowing about the V2, the V3, and all of the variants there was for this hilt. To me back then, and even to a certain degree now, it was always all about the Luke ROTJ Hero!

So it should come as no surprise that when I first joined the RPF, I discovered that there was a prop that was made available only here on the forum that would become a bit of a Grail piece for me; and that was the Rylo Reveal!

Luckily, even though I had missed Rylo's run by I think a couple of years, I managed to snag one in the JY - but it was in kit form and unassembled.

Now I didn't put it together because I was always afraid that I'd screw it up somehow or would never be able to do it the proper justice; so it sat in a box... for years... until Dann came along!

After watching his personal ROTJ hero hilt build with the attention to detail he had in fabricating the accurate rails to the control box, I knew he would be the one to ask to build my Rylo.

I wanted my Rylo to stay true to the original build as much as possible - otherwise it wouldn't be a Rylo! But, I also wanted to tweak it in subtle ways with all of the discoveries and research that have gone into the prop over the subsequent years since that run to make it a bit more accurate to what we now know of the ROTJ Hero prop now. And I also always wanted the control box arrows to blink and light up somehow if it was possible... well because if this prop was supposed to be based off the prop that was used in the deleted cave scene, then it's supposed to light up dammit!! lol.

And what can I say, Dann delivered in spades.. and then some!

The pictures do not do it justice. Thank you once again Dann for doing such an incredible job on one of my Grail props!

IMG-0715.JPGHilt.jpgControl Box rails.jpgChrystal Chamber.jpgControl Box 2.jpgEmitter.jpgPommel 2.jpgIMG-0716.JPG

https://youtu.be/OpcqUYmcI10

The hits keep coming!

Presenting my new Solo's Hold V2 with vintage Graflex clamp, vintage Mitchell turntable cone knob and a vintage 'mystery chunk' boot stud... all put together of course by none other than Halliwax himself!

If there's any doubt in anyone's mind that Halliwax isn't the V2 guru, you can put them to rest now! You can just see the love and passion he puts into his work; the attention to detail on this thing is off the charts!

Thanks again Danny and again, take care of yourself and here's to a speedy recovery!

2ABB9B03-A05C-4AF9-975B-AEC18144FD1F.jpeg

9CB35CED-456B-4F1C-BDBB-784CBE84A800.jpeg

67924A36-1293-49E7-8172-FC6EFD6BB13F.jpeg

24B67633-2F7C-463F-8E21-7427E3C88176.jpeg

2A0DE64B-85A4-4923-9EC7-C89726152047.jpeg

Introducing the latest addition to my collection of odds and sods... a Harrison Ford HiC life cast with production lineage!

This cast was made by Nick Maley based off a mold of his personal cast, which was pulled from the production made HIC ESB mold.

My crappy iPhone pictures don’t do it justice but this is a thing of beauty!

4BEB1C14-1652-47B0-A7A9-B03602FE6C73.jpeg

5D69EF55-3EB8-4E40-9691-1F33E15C3F0A.jpeg

BB2D1480-8078-44C8-8B91-054C6B9CDC4E.jpeg

Prop Update Day 1:

teecrooz was generous enough to trade me this beautiful vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x scope.

29AE2860-2CAB-4562-824D-3F4D41F28D50.jpeg

I did already have one but was extremely hesitant to have it stripped down and re-blued and felt it better to preserve it.

So without further ado, presenting my Han Solo ANH DL-44.
  • Steel Mauser DL-44 kit from Blaster Factory
  • Expertly finished by scottjua at Crucible Custom Props
  • Reade Tomtit cylinder model parts grill
  • Vintage C-96 Mauser wood grips
  • Vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x Scope
  • Vintage MG-81 cone flash hider
1C501060-9189-4398-ACEA-48CB76E7943E.jpeg

21ACE2A3-096B-48CB-9717-2C6E505199A4.jpeg
CE641D65-804E-40AB-B216-A215B8A17EB6.jpeg

So without further ado, presenting my Han Solo ANH DL-44.
  • Steel Mauser DL-44 kit from Blaster Factory
  • Expertly finished by scottjua at Crucible Custom Props
  • Reade Tomtit cylinder model parts grill
  • Vintage C-96 Mauser wood grips
  • Vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x Scope
  • Vintage MG-81 cone flash hider

As I said on Facebook, this should be locked up! It is the most impressive build I've seen in a LONG time (if ever??), all those real parts!

Prop Update Day 2:

IMG-4550.jpg

This one is a collaborative project that teecrooz and I have been working on for awhile now - the Han in Carbonite Hero Panel.

This one is still very much a work in progress as I still have to run out to buy the proper paints to paint the panel and then put the finishing touches to it. Eventually both Chris and I want to have our panels light up but we're still figuring that one out.

But for now, a test fit of everything to see how it looks!

This build features:
  • a vintage Volvo 343 dash panel
  • vintage gas-filled seven-segment number displays courtesy of The Ninja
  • vintage Uher 500 mix board knobs
  • correctly spaced and sized vintage circuit board
  • various real world accurate transistors and resistors - vintage, maybe?
  • real world industrial supply fresnel ring light bezels
  • HIC hero panel parts kit and greebles from zenix from custom3dstuff.com

IMG-4568.jpg

IMG-4564.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
Prop Update Day 3:

This one’s a small update.

Thanks to jkno pointing me in the right direction, I was able to pick up this greeble set for my ANH Stormtrooper E-11.

2304F087-F067-401E-9B7E-2A9CFCE176DF.jpeg

The greebles are a relatively new discovery and I was happy to find that someone was making them.

So I present to all of you my newly accurate-ized ANH E-11.

This build features:
  • A real Sterling L2A3 Mk IV SMG (deactivated)
  • A vintage large eagle Hengstler 400 counter
  • A real M19 tank scope
  • A real M47 tank scope (displayed separately)
  • Scope rail made by scottjua at Crucible Custom Props
  • Power cylinders from Blaster Factory
  • T-track from Todd’s Costumes
  • Greeble set from justjoseph63 from whitearmor.net
7C8CE3EB-BB92-4A00-A7D3-C8DF1472190D.jpeg

1503ACD6-6CCA-4A2D-94D1-0B0441916688.jpeg

B1CCBE41-3361-46D8-BEB5-DA5F7F7E1EC0.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back