Edge of Tomorrow ( Live Die Repeat) (Post-release)

Re: Edge of Tomorrow (Post-release)

Yes, I enjoy movies that, despite their flaws, tell a good story...

Art Andrews and Prometheus come to mind!:lol

But TC didn't pet any of the aliens, so that was an improvement.
Saw this movie last night. My wife and I really enjoyed it. I would love to respond to some of the comments made here and support some of the observations. But it could easily turn into a book. So I'll just say that, despite some plot holes I found, it was a good story with very well developed male and female characters. Cool action and great use of military tech to tell a sci fi story that is character driven. We already can't wait for the Blue-ray of this on our shelves.

At the end of the night, it was a fun ride and sold some popcorn. Everything a movie is supposed to do (in my opinion).

My wife and I saw it today. We both liked it.
I so want to put together a US Army uniform based on this movie...

I'm glad that the mostly positive word of mouth has pulled the movie around and into stronger box office territory . It is my most wanted DVD release so far this year, just ahead of Captain America TWS and X Men DOFP though I think thats likely to change once Dawn Of the Planet of the Apes comes out.
Its interesting and somewhat depressing that EOT , against the expectations of most people, got such high critical applause and good audience recommendations but struggled at the box office. And yet Transformers AOE, which has been murdered by just about every critic born pulls in such a massive weekend at 100 million and change. EOT didn't have the exactly same target audience or a franchise backing but still.

And yet Transformers AOE, which has been murdered by just about every critic born pulls in such a massive weekend at 100 million and change. EOT didn't have the exactly same target audience or a franchise backing but still.
The funny thing was we were going to see T4 as parts of it were filmed really close to where we live, but even the local drive time radio guys who love sci-fi said they hated it. As we were walking out of the theater after seeing Edge of Tomorrow, we both agreed we seem to have chosen wisely. My wife isn't a big sci fi fan at all but she agreed it was original, which is something seriously lacking from movies these days...

. And yet Transformers AOE, which has been murdered by just about every critic born pulls in such a massive weekend at 100 million and change. EOT didn't have the exactly same target audience or a franchise backing but still.

AOE hit hollywood's target audience: teenagers and slightly older who don't have nostalgia about the franchise and don't want to use their brain processing anything but explosions. This is why Snow Piercer almost got dumbed down, a lot of movies are too smart for people these days due to being lazy.

That ending would've been pretty dark. I'd watch that.

Been working on this for the last few days, it's finally... well, wearable. Still trying to figure out a better way to seal it, probably gonna paint the whole thin in Smooth Cast 305. The legs are also slightly too big, and I need to figure out boot covers and the back.. not very many pictures exist of the back (namely the rocket pod and the gun) so that
makes this hard. I had three days and a budget of a hundred bucks to get to where I am right now, but it's gonna get much better before it'll be ready to actually do anything with.

Sadly this is the only picture I have of the progress right now, some of the older stuff is available on my page for anyone interested enough in how it's going together

10489985_10152524155050351_1735658200861321170_n.jpg

Work in progress-

10483190_544285185675791_4626487500752030809_n.jpg

About 75% done, I think. I need a haircut.

This might help.

It's the final leg armour prototype for the ExoSuits (that we sculpted in PU foam) before it was taken away to be drawn up in SolidWorks prior to 3D printing...

It's a beast.

:thumbsup

Okay, I've seen the movie twice now and like most, I ******** loved it. BUT, we are all still standing around asking ourselves, "Who is going to actually make these suits so we can wear them?" Anyone ready or capable of making these suits for others? I'm dying to troop in this outfit!
29kqlms.jpg

Okay, I've seen the movie twice now and like most, I ******** loved it. BUT, we are all still standing around asking ourselves, "Who is going to actually make these suits so we can wear them?" Anyone ready or capable of making these suits for others? I'm dying to troop in this outfit!
http://i58.tinypic.com/29kqlms.jpg

I have one about 75-80% done! Pictures of it about 60% done on the last page. Most of the stuff for finishing it arrives sometime in the next hour or two.

PreacherMan- That's just your suit though. You aren't planning to make them and sell them, right?

just got back from seeing this. All I can say is I'm so glad I didn't miss it in theaters. Such a satisfying film. One of my favorites from this year

1512612_559976387440004_5945084855523737228_n.jpg

It's coming along! Albeit slowly. I'd say it's at about 75%.
It's weirdly mobile. Very intuitively designed. Huge range of motion and all that

Finally saw this one. Entertaining flick. I liked the concept, execution, humor and design. What would have made it just a little better is of course the ending. I would have liked to have seen the dramatic death blow from the Alpha to Rita, then, for me a great ending would have been to see the blue blood from the destroyed Omega surrounding Bill's body floating in the water the way they showed it, but then just cut it off there and leave us guessing. Show how the world was saved an all, but now show the fate of our hero. I think that would have sparked some discussion and really elevated the movie overall.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back