E-bay liars trying to move x-wing as Screen used

Well the first picture is an ICONS Xwing. I can definately say that after stupidly buying a supposed Icons Base Mold to cast up. As I am more knowlegable now know believe it was just a recast. The other picture are all different & this guy a tool.

Playing devil´s advocate here and dare to say that the guy just mixed "screen accurate" up with "screen used" :lol:lol:lol And not even that is really true.

He never wrote that QVC advertised them as SU. I am pretty sure that he has less evil intentions than assumed ;)

Looks like someone with too much cash in his hand, who sat in front of the tv with a brewski in his hand while watching QVC, and ordering that thing.

I call it as an Icons, a CCX Red 5 (think i recognise the work on that one) and the 4 footer, so which model is he selling HAAAHAAA!
Nahh id just call him a LOON and be done, the lengths these morons will go to huh?

lee

QVC = Quality,Value,Choice.

This guy's a scam artist preying on the unknowing. IF - Lucasfilm sold something like this,it wouldn't be from Pennsylvania first of all. Second: It wouldn't have a buy it now option on it. And third: It would have a COA,and it would most likely be sold through the propstore of London at a much higher price!!! Has anyone ever seen a real ILM X-wing model for sale? This is why companies like ICONS,and EFX exist. What an idiot! :lol

Besides all that,we all know what happened to the real Red 5 after it was repainted as Red 4. :unsure

neuesbildst6.jpg

Regardless of all the discussion going on, the simple fact is that the auction is flat out fradulent.

This circle of experts (the RPF), amongst others can absolutely confirm this is not a screen-used item.

Intentional or not, eBay should be contacted, and the auction should be shut down. Immediately.

I am more suspicious if the auction is even legit. Not in that it's an original screen used, but if he has an x-wing at all. The pictures all look borrowed (and obviously not the item suggested as being offered) from another site, and with little to no feedback, I wonder if he is intentionally trying to pull a fast one to get $$$ then disapear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed a complaint yesterday. It really cheeses me off, the walnuts and lack of concscience meatbags like this have. My only regret is you are limited to 100 characters.
If a ton of complaints roll in...........

One of the six images he's using to represent his offering isn't even a picture of a physical model. It is, in fact, my rendering of my (very inaccurate) CGI X-Wing, originally made about 10 years ago. Here's the full-size render:

View attachment 21305

A few years back, I worked on this model a bit and you'll notice the port and starboard wings are completely different, the port wing being the newer version. Look closely at the image in the auction listing and you'll also see the difference in the wings.

D.

Yeah good work, have to say i filed too, guys like this really get my back up....he didnt even have one physical picture of what he was selling, unless it was the Icons...or the CC....or he owns one of the 4 footers as they did build two hulls :lol LOOOOOOONNYYYYY!

LEE

Well done you guys.

Hopefully this post is non-controversial. Apparently I can't post anything that won't be misinterpreted today. :)

WOW Don, for an inaccurate CGI x-wing, that's an amazingly well 'painted' example. Can you show more of your work please?! :thumbsup

One of the six images he's using to represent his offering isn't even a picture of a physical model. It is, in fact, my rendering of my (very inaccurate) CGI X-Wing, originally made about 10 years ago. Here's the full-size render:

View attachment 21305

A few years back, I worked on this model a bit and you'll notice the port and starboard wings are completely different, the port wing being the newer version. Look closely at the image in the auction listing and you'll also see the difference in the wings.

D.

Well done you guys.

Hopefully this post is non-controversial. Apparently I can't post anything that won't be misinterpreted today. :)

I cannot believe you said that. Just trying to sit here, enjoy my computer time, and I have read crap like this and......
uh......
sorry.

So, how many people jumped on the seller? I did, and never got a response. No surprise. I have a feeling his inbox got very, very full.

Good work guys. Yeah it seemed like a farce to me as well...losing documentation for something so valuable. I don't believe one bit, that he thinks it was screen used. Then he had the audacity to put pictures of other replicas. What, can't afford a crappy digital camera, but a LFL replica/prop?

Don't be surprised in a few months (or sooner) this guy tries to sell this thing on E-bay again under a different user name, or perhaps on some other website.

Sad to say that he will eventually sell it to some fan. Caveat Emptor.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back