E-11 show-off

Chris,
RPF cylinders? whas that a part run or a thread I can find? Thats the only thing Im missing on mine. Thanks.

Only the firing E-11 props still had cocking levers. That's why MR didn't include it.
Technically Chris' blaster shouldn't have it but last we talked he might keep it since it's a bear to remove.
I have to leave mine on as well when I complete my E-11 since my bolt is welded in place. A slight inaccuracy I'll have to live with.

The "RPF cylinders" were made in a run a long time ago. They are long gone.

Chris,

I have another question.

I found some tape, but it occurred to me that the Hengstler wouldn't be very stirdy. Doesn't it sway a little because it's just being held on by tape?

Also, what kind of paint and color did you paint your box.

Finally, any chance you got your counter from me about 5 years ago?

Thanks

Nice looking build up.

On the grips, what did you heat them with?

As for the cocking lever, I cut mine down so that there is just enough sticking out to guide the bolt in the buffer area of the receiver.

Then I drill a small hole in the center and I use a cut down screw driver as a removable cocking handle.

That way it looks accurate but retains it functionability.

A hairdryer works fine.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Jul 2 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1272530[/snapback]</div>
Nice looking build up.

As for the cocking lever, I cut mine down so that there is just enough sticking out to guide the bolt in the buffer area of the receiver.

Then I drill a small hole in the center and I use a cut down screw driver as a removable cocking handle.

That way it looks accurate but retains it functionability.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormy320 @ Jul 2 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1272389[/snapback]</div>
I found some tape, but it occurred to me that the Hengstler wouldn't be very stirdy. Doesn't it sway a little because it's just being held on by tape?

Also, what kind of paint and color did you paint your box.

Finally, any chance you got your counter from me about 5 years ago?
[/b]

Sorry about the delayed answers... I was out of town for the F1 race this weekend.

In regard to the Hengstler sturdiness: The tape that I used is really great. There is a tiny bit of flex because the tape is foam tape but its not going anywhere unless I twist it off intentionally. You can shake the gun around all you want and it doesn't move.

For paint... I used a satin black for the plastic part of the counter and a flat black for the metal socket portion. I wanted to mix up the reflectivity of the blacks to give a little more visual interest to the thing.

No chance the counter came from you... Lonepigeon and I came across a ton of them about 8-10 years ago I think it was, I've just been waiting that long to get this thing done up. We still have a ton of the Hengstler counters left just none of the metal sockets.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Jul 2 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1272530[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

As Marcus said... a hairdryer. It worked great and its tough to damage them using a hairdryer vs a full fledged heat gun.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back