dynamite crossbow from Jonah Hex

dumhead456

Hi, im new to the forum but i have been interested in prop building for a while and so i have decided to finally give it a go! :)
I wanted to do something that i hadnt seen before and after much deliberation i came up with the idea of doing the dynamite... crossbow gun... thing from the film Jonah Hex. The only problem im facing with this build is a lack of good reference, I get quite hung up about detail and therefore i want this to be as close to the actual film prop as possible. So if anyone knows of a place i could get some good reference it would be highly appreciated :) The only one i have found is a screenshot from the films trailer...

Welcome to the RPF :)

I get quite hung up about detail and therefore i want this to be as close to the actual film prop as possible.

You are sooooo in the right place. You'd fit right in to one of our Vader threads :lol

I am unable to help on this one, but good luck with the build :thumbsup :)

... and a bump for those who can :)

I thought about trying this one too, but bailed because of lack of pics. I did find this view which shows some detail. Good luck

attachment.php

well it appears iv definatly chosen a project that no ones done and for good reason haha :lol thank you to those who did post. I will attempt to draw up some blueprints for this project, if i feel they are good enough I will post them on here to help anyone else who may want to do this project :)

If I remember correctly, the base gun was a cheap knockoff replica gun. No idea where they came from though. :( The crossbows where built in just a few days for reshoots.

ok so iv been looking at images of flintlock pistols in order to get an idea of size, shape etc and in the process of doing so i ended up stumbling upon a little gem...From looking at the image BornKIlr posted and comparing it to this flinlock i think the design on the pistol grip are incredibly similar if not identical but due to the poor image of the actual prop I would like a second opinion on this. so what do you think?

Just thought i would let you know that i have finally started the build on this :). I drew up some blueprints the other day and sourced my materials ready. unfortunately due to lack of reference i havnt been able to get this to the desired degree of accuracy so i have allowed myself a little freedom for this prop. WIP pictures will be uploaded as and when so keep an eye out for those :) I also wanted to say thanks to anyone who helped me find reference images and that it is greatly appreciated :)

Hi, im new to the forum but i have been interested in prop building for a while and so i have decided to finally give it a go! :)
I wanted to do something that i hadnt seen before and after much deliberation i came up with the idea of doing the dynamite... crossbow gun... thing from the film Jonah Hex. The only problem im facing with this build is a lack of good reference, I get quite hung up about detail and therefore i want this to be as close to the actual film prop as possible. So if anyone knows of a place i could get some good reference it would be highly appreciated :) The only one i have found is a screenshot from the films trailer...

[URL]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/jedi-tom/therpfphotos/th_Screenshot2011-06-13at221052.png[/URL]

there isnt much good evidence and reference but i am working on a functional one

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back