Dutch comiccon end of march

This would be my first visit to a comic con. Is it worth the visit as i hear so much disappointing comments about the org. Is there any gear for sale.
I live in Holland so that is an easy drive.
Please let me know what your choice would be for a first time.

Well, depends on what you're looking for, but if you're not busy this weekend, you can drop by Imagicon! It's a small event, organized by volunteers and fans of all kinds of fandoms. We went last year, and it was absolutely brilliant. We had great fun! Oh and there are plenty of stands at Imagicon, a cool cosplay contest, many many cosplayers in general, interesting panels... give it a try!

Last edited:
Well, considering the bad press going around, I wonder if there will be a second DCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The missed opportunity due to poor handling of logistics makes me sad and angry.They're ruining it for people like us who are looking forward to a good time and possibly creating a permanent local hub for fandom...
Do it properly or don't do it at all !

Yeah, dropped them a message about entry and details about photo shooting ,etc... nothing came back... At the moment I'm thinking about to stay at home... Of course I like to see some people there, but the organisation is really not the best...

I guess they'll have normal tickets you can get local, right?

Yeah, it would be nice to know, but if I drive 3 hours and they tell me "no, we're just selling ticktets online, no local tickets, so no entry", that risk is too high... So, I think I will stay home and have a beer or two or three or... XD

I have read some FB replies of people who wants to sell theirs tickets. Otherwise you have to go to the website.
Yesterday i bought a ticket for The Misfits on Saterdaynight concert @ DCC.

For those who are be @DCC, See you there!
I will be a Jurassic World vet.

Yeah, it would be nice to know, but if I drive 3 hours and they tell me "no, we're just selling ticktets online, no local tickets, so no entry", that risk is too high... So, I think I will stay home and have a beer or two or three or... XD

Threres just been a post on their fb page that tickets online are sold out for saturday but you can still aquire some at the desk.

I got 2 weekend tickets but still in doubt if i will go or not...

We have had NO problems with the organisation what soever. We will be there with our booth and product for the 2 full days and are really looking forward to it!

Hey, any feedback on how good or bad the con was ?
I read in the papers that there were plenty visitors, but any of you RPF visitors have any feedback and pictures.

I did not go, I think we Dutch are not very good to organize a good Con :), I'd rather go to FACTS.

The con was great! We went there as Ghostbusters Dutch Division and we got rooms provided for by the organisation in the same hotel that the celebs were booked in. It's too bad about the cancellation of Ernie Hudson and Caity Lotz, which that had nothing to do with the negative press, but was due to scheduling conflicts.
Check our FB page for pics: https://www.facebook.com/GhostbustersDutchDivision

That looks pretty good, better then I expected.
most Dutch "cons" were just second hand records and CD market with a bit of something else thrown in :)

Jullie zien er echt cool uit, is de Ecto ook van jullie ?

lara.jpg

Me as a Jurassic World vet next to Lara Croft, 1 of the many Lara's.

Next year is gonna be even bigger! This was an American style convention, but definitely with a Dutch flavor. This Ecto was arranged by us from France, but we were given more or less unlimited access to it :)

Well it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either compared to the belgium cons. Heck even the main stars all got cancelled.

They do seem to have room to expand tho. I hope they will.

When I heard Caity Lotz was coming, i was dancing behind my computer and whooping like a small kid.
It was a shame that she cancelled..but i still went.
My gf's mother lives near Utrecht, so we stayed there for the weekend and visited DCC.

The cons about this con:
The first hall was too dark.
In the morning/noon the stand were crowded so you couldn't see a damn thing.
Most of the comicbook stands sold only used comic books. And the ones that sold new ones (from DC/Marvel) were translated comicbooks.
I was standing in line for an autograph of Mike S. Miller and after an hour when it was my turn, I saw the prices for drawings. Then i found out that you MUST buy a CERTAIN book in order to get a voucher for a drawing (prices ranged $50 - $100 - $200 - 300$). and I didn't even get a simple autograph in the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book.

jp75o.jpg

Pros:
Desplite all the negatives, I'm still going next year. It's always fun to see and meet other geeks/nerds.
Plus this year was the starting year. DCC can learn from its mistakes and make the next Con better.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back