Duel Truck

Wow Randy it looks like the Duel truck already, did you know that Spielberg got the idea for "Jaws" from "Duel"?
Uhhh, not quite. After he read the script for Jaws (such as it was at the time), he realized it was similar to Duel in many ways, but Jaws had been in development for months before Spielberg's involvement.

Thanks guys! For me, it's always interesting to learn more about the back stories behind movies. As a child, I didn't know Duel and JAWS were directed by the same person because I didn't pay attention to those things then. But both movies stood out to me and I've always thought of them more as "monster" movies even though the "monsters" in these two films were more tangible things that exist in our real world and not something more fantastic like Gamera or Godzilla. Because of that, these two films were scarier to me because they just seemed more real. Things have been a bit busy lately but I’m trying to squeeze in as much time as I can on this build.

Thank you mundbuster. I haven't had much time lately to work on this because I've been helping my wife get a side business started. I did however have so time over the weekend to go to Monsterpalooza and saw some incredible full size like-like sculptures such as this.

164912_10200109049507871_620201055_n_zps3f6d9bb9.jpg

Here's my wife being stalked by Nosferatu.

10986_10200111474608497_1671961449_n_zpsa429a5ad.jpg

Here's me on the left with my friend Dan Canzonieri from the band, Electric Frankenstein on the right.

541851_10200111846417792_752313077_n_zps69d50d5f.jpg

Here's a couple of guys I would like around the house.

15169_10200111486448793_699385627_n_zpsb61df202.jpg

And an incredible likeness of Jack.

524065_10200111602891704_715281709_n_zpsb27face1.jpg

I wanted to post something here since I didn't have any build updates.

Good lord those are some amazing sculpts.
They looked even better in person. Mike Hill sculpted the Nosferatu figure, and a Lon Chaney Sr. Phantom of the Opera figure that was just out-of-frame to the left. The Jaws display was impressive as well, even though Quint's hair wasn't quite right and the lenses in Hooper's eyeglasses were the wrong shape; yes, I can be overly critical when it comes to my particular fascinations. :D

@Randy13, I could swear I was standing behind you (well, behind whoever took the photo) when that photo of you and Dan was taken (if you were there on Saturday, that is). I know I saw Dan walking around...either that, or there was someone else there wearing an identical tee shirt and arm brace. :lol

@Randy13, I could swear I was standing behind you (well, behind whoever took the photo) when that photo of you and Dan was taken (if you were there on Saturday, that is). I know I saw Dan walking around...either that, or there was someone else there wearing an identical tee shirt and arm brace. :lol

AHHHH Stalker AHHHH

:devil

Hey Zombie, yes I was there on Saturday. Dan, my wife and I were together the whole time we were there and I’m pretty sure Dan was the only one there wearing that t-shirt and arm brace. His Doppelganger stayed home in New Jersey. It was nice to almost meet you in person. :lol

Katsu-san, as Zombie said, they looked a lot better in person. It would have taken me too long to adjust the camera to the low lighting that was in there.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back