Limited Run Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

Props3D

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

LG_Right.jpg

LG_Left.jpg

NOTE: this video and pic were made with an early release model and only quickly sanded and finished to get it ready for a demo to list the run. No metal parts, no brass plate, no rear glow sight etc. The ones made for you will have a lot more care and polish. I’ll replace this pic as I get another one finished.

Check out the build thread:

Features:
1. Trainable Voice Recognition: "Armor Piercing", "Incendiary", "Hotshot", "High Ex", "Stun", "Full Metal", "Rapid". Comes pre-trained with easy tutorials to retrain to any voice/accent/language.
2. OLED screen tracks the current mode which changes on voice command, animated round counter. Will stop firing when out of ammo.
3. Crisp short stroke trigger for rapid fire, adjustable via removable trigger group
4. Pull back slide with steel guide rods reload plays reload sound and reloads all ammo counters.
5. 7 segment LED for fire effects with lens focuser
6. DNA check on startup with red and green LEDs, if you don’t hold down the trigger during boot the check fails and you need to turn the blaster on and off again to reset
7. Removable magazine with 3D double stack bullets and clear view window. Dummy rounds are removable to create empty magazine look
8. Aluminum barrel and trigger
9. Dual speaker sound with 2.5A amplifier for loud, clear sound
10. Resin printed sights and plaque to show every small detail, including the judge’s shield on the front sight.
11. Front and rear glow sights
12. High Impact PLA printed body and parts
13. Brass name plaque on right grip, get your own custom name engraved. If left blank I’ll engrave ‘lawgiver’ on the plaque
14. MicroSD for audio, add your own sounds just by dropping new files
15. Display stand
16. Fully open source modular project, parts can be fixed or replaced, everything is accessible via just a few screws. Code can be upgraded for new releases via internal usb port. GitHub - Props3D/dredd-lawgiver . If you have the knowhow you can make one yourself (but not to sell, personal use only)

Price is 600USD | 250 deposit with 350 + shipping due at completion.

This run will be made together with 3 experienced makers: Myself, who did the modeling, will make 9. Spidy74, who wrote the code, is making 4. Beakz, who’s doing the machining on the barrels and triggers, is making 3. We’re all part of the same maker group on the Props3D Discord and no matter who makes yours it will be a consistent experience.

Orders:

1 Knightmare [COMPLETE!]
2 jds12 [COMPLETE!]
3 pnag [COMPLETE!]
4 kyds3k [COMPLETE!]
5 Gee2 [COMPLETE!]
6 Movie Magic [COMPLETE!]
7 enterprise0216 [COMPLETE!]
8 rolandblais [COMPLETE!]
9 asavage [COMPLETE!]
10 retraceoj [COMPLETE!]
11 MandoBarrett [COMPLETE!]
12 Primus Palus [COMPLETE!]
13 Toy Traders [COMPLETE!]
14 pubmarcus [COMPLETE!]
15 zort173 [COMPLETE!]
16 The Kaiser [COMPLETE!]
BONUS 1:
Knightmare [COMPLETE!]
BONUS 2: Damage [COMPLETE!]
(note: The bonuses are the original two made for the run with the slightly different trigger guards, they were set aside for consistency but now sold at the end, the run will not expand and I'm not taking orders, they models and code are free so I hope you decide to give it a shot and make your own)
[CLOSED]

Non-3D Printed Parts Kits, Special order, DM if interested, 230USD

1 EmmaInCandyland [COMPLETE!]
2 wayouteast [COMPLETE!]
3 MorbidCharlie [COMPLETE!]
4 andreasp [COMPLETE!]
5 madmax95 [COMPLETE!]
----- complete kits after this line with all parts except 3D prints, price increased from 200 to 230 ------

6 Vertex [COMPLETE!]
7. Damage [COMPLETE!]
8. Army Scout
[CLOSED]

Last edited:
20220802_135324.jpg

Printing
Printing well under way again, these are my two customized Prusas (full Misumi overhaul and tons of other tweaks) They're in a temperature and airflow controlled area to keep the conditions consistent. They've been shut down for the last week because of the heatwave, temperature controlled only goes so far when the ambient temp hits 40. The frame alone takes 36 hours of print time, with the total print time being just shy of 4.5 days each. I print in natural filament because it has better properties than the heavily dyed stuff.

Sanding
I do 3 passes of sanding with various diamond blocks/diamond needle files followed by go overs with 3M Pro Grade Precision Ultra Flexible sandpaper. This is god level sandpaper for finishing 3D prints and it's a shame you can't buy it anymore. If anyone ever wants to help me start a maker campaign to bring it back, let's do it!

Painting, and more sanding
I start with 2K high build primer, then yet more sanding. This is where the natural PLA shines. I basically sand it down to base and low points show up in black. Repeat until totally level and smooth. You will not see layer lines in any of the flat surfaces! Then one last even coat of primer, 5 days to cure, and off to the airbrush. The whole thing will be airbrushed in Alclad II Lacquer gloss as a base, this is amazing looking paint and very durable. Next the top cowl will be airbrushed in Tamiya XF-1 flat black and the body Tamiya X-10 gunmetal. Finally the whole thing will be sealed in 2 coats of Alclad II Aqua Gloss Lacquer, one of the few high protective finishes that doesn't dull the metal look. The body is hung and the parts placed on HDPE sheets in a dry, cool area to cure for a week.

Electronics
All components are soldered and connected using heavy gauge silicone wire, silicone wire is much more durable than standard wire. All components are connected with custom made (aka I just crimp it myself) JST 2.54 connectors, which lock in place. There's a lot to this so maybe a detailed step description can just be part of the video..

The Plan:

1 After I finish the first one one that'll match the delivery quality properly (the one in the vid is making me pucker, but I did need to show a working sample to list the run), I'll post a bunch of pics here so you know exactly what you'll be getting, look wise.
2 I'm going to do another one from absolute start to finish filmed from 2 angles that I'll compile into a speed build video just to show how much time and work goes into it, I bought an extra 1TB of UHSII cards so I can keep dumping cards while I film.

20220802_172357 (1).jpg
3 And after that I'm going to do another full tutorial build for those that want to build their own that will be broken into 4 videos: Prep, assembly, electronics, final build (expecting it to run 1.5hrs total)
4 Make more until done!

It's roughly 75 days of print time (32.5 each printer) with print/spool changes to do the run, so it's not like taking my time to film will hold things up. I did print 4 in advance to make sure I can meet delivery times, pics of those coming tomorrow. I won't be waiting until they're all done to ship, as much as it'll make me giggle to have them all in one place. I don't have exact times yet, but as soon as the first 2 are done I'll have a good estimate and will post it here.

All of the lawgivers for the run will have brass plaques in the grips custom engraved with a name of your choice, I will dm everyone about it when the run is full. BeakZ will be shipping the metal barrels and triggers over soon. So everything progressing very well!

Last edited:
View attachment 1604062

Printing well under way again, these are my two customized Prusas (full misumi overall and tons of other tweaks) They're in a temperature and airflow controlled area to keep the conditions consistent. I've been 3D printing for many years now and They've been shut down for the last week because of the heatwave, temperature controlled only goes so far when the ambient temp hits 40. The frame alone takes 36 hours of print time, with the print time being just shy of 4.5 days each. I print in natural filament because it has better properties than the heavily dyed stuff.

After this is about 3 passes of sanding with various diamond blocks/diamond needle files followed by go overs with 3M Pro Grade Precision Ultra Flexible sandpaper. This is god level sandpaper for finishing 3D prints and it's a shame you can't buy it anymore. If anyone ever wants to help me start a maker campaign to bring it back, let's do it!

Then the real work begins, but rather than rant that all out I came up with a plan:

1 After I finish the first one one that'll match the delivery quality properly (the one in the vid is making me pucker, but I did need to show a working sample to list the run), I'll post a bunch of pics here so you know exactly what you'll be getting.
2 I'm going to do another one from absolute start to finish filmed from 2 angles that I'll compile into a speed build video just to show how much time and work goes into it, I bought an extra 1TB of UHSII cards so I can keep dumping cards while I film.

View attachment 1604068
3 And after that I'm going to do another full tutorial build for those that want to build their own that will be broken into 4 videos: Prep, assembly, electronics, final build (expecting it to run 1.5hrs total)
4 Wash, rinse, and repeat.

It's roughly 75 days of print time with print/spool changes to do the run, so it's not like taking my time to film will hold things up. I did print 4 in advance to make sure I can meet delivery times, pics of those coming tomorrow.
This really is amazing

See the main build thread for more details on the 2 new upgrades, both will be reflected in this run as:

A) Swappable 3D printed suppressor, main barrel will still be metal but the suppressor is a fun addition you can swap out
B) Bullet size, design, and placement in the magazine is now accurate to the intention of the Dredd 2012 prop team
C) CNC cut acrylic side panels in the mag port rather than plastic sheets (which were still fine, but not as cool). I couldn't do it with the double stack but now there's space I added a removable retainer bracket inside the mag.

Haha, now my attention is split! I'm still doing daily updates, check the main build thread to see:

I'll be posting more of the progression of the run here, with updates on just the main model progression there, since this is both here's a pic of today's big step, the concept suppressor:
20220804_203551.jpg

20220804_203530.jpg

Still going with the quick paint, I took this pic like 10min after painting so my one hand is a nice sparkly metallic and I have to sand this down tomorrow, but really wanted to get a sense of how it looks before printing a whole whack of them. Gets an approval on my end, if you have any thoughts on improvements let me know :)

Last edited:
Haha, now my attention is split! I'm still doing daily updates, check the main build thread to see:

I'll be posting more of the progression of the run here, with updates on just the main model progression there, since this is both here's a pic of today's big step, the concept suppressor:
View attachment 1604776
View attachment 1604777
Still going with the quick paint, I took this pic like 10min after painting so my one hand is a nice sparkly metallic and I have to sand this down tomorrow, but really wanted to get a sense of how it looks before printing a whole whack of them. Gets an approval on my end, if you have any thoughts on improvements let me know :)
Looks awesome

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back