DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts

Whoa....I wasn't talking about firing from BOTH magazines. That is a whole different kettle of fish made in dreamland....even the movie prop didn't do that. Are we also talking incendiary rounds and high explosive ? I don't think that is remotely doable since the added magazine is behind the receiver. If we are talking just adding the assembly to fire an existing Glock, I think that has been done with the movie gun, so it is possible. I did find a local source for a Glock 17 "extended barrel "with threaded end measuring 5.19 inches. that is probably a little less than an inch longer. It sells for $179.00 and requires no gunsmith, just drop it into the gun, replacing the existing. A machined extension to screw on the end like you would with a muzzel brake, would bring the barrel to a point beyond the shroud. A little more searching might even find an existing screw on application to avoid custom manufacture. At worst, you probably would spend $400 to modify the Glock, although it would be a waste of cash for me. since I own a Glock 23 and would have to buy a 17.

Ah ok... I was actually thinking if there would be a real Lawgiver that would be the most logical design based on the current technology...
As to your build... Glock 23 uses .40 caliber and would be cheaper if you could have a new barrel fabricated or an extender as per below... Glock 17L actually has a longer barrel but as to your point it uses 9mm

airsoft_glock_17_with_barrel_extension_by_super6_4-d4iave1.jpg

Glock 17L

4.jpg

I'd like to try it on a glock 35. Gettng an extended barrel if necessary isn't really that big of a deal, there are quite a few sources for them.

Another quickie update. Got the prints done for the ammo insert, this'll be glued in place in the mag leaving space to put a 9v battery to power the electronics. Next order will include the slide and rear parts leaving only the aluminium housings left to order. Ohhhh it's so close now

9D18-A2950A1CDACE-291-000000CF309463F4_zps294656e2.jpg

A63A-C0F434FDB3E6-291-000000CF293CAEB2_zps566df8bc.jpg

9D22-B61DCDAC8FFA-291-000000CE124E74CC_zps787419fd.jpg

Hi, new on RPF but simple question.

Has anyone considered using a pistol scope rail to hang this on? It would attach to the under-barrel weaver rail which is on all Gen 3 and 4 Glocks and airsoft copies.

SCOPE MOUNT 01.jpgSCOPE MOUNT GLOCK 02.jpgSCOPE MOUNTS UNIVERSAL 03.jpg

Hi, new on RPF but simple question.

Has anyone considered using a pistol scope rail to hang this on? It would attach to the under-barrel weaver rail which is on all Gen 3 and 4 Glocks and airsoft copies.

View attachment 236966View attachment 236967View attachment 236968

There's no space internally to add something like that, and even if there were you would instead have to find a way to attach it to the inside of the shell, instead of doing so directly with the Glock!

Easiest thing to do is just model a rail attachment into the 3d print so that you can just slide the pistol in place. That's what I did when I made the master for my and M13's kit.

At long last an update, got all the printed components in hand for the test fit and the aluminium frame and shrouds arriving Monday. Beyond excited to finally see how it all fits together. In the meantime here's a few pics of the kit so far.

A full set of 3d printed parts...
422FBA29-53F9-4B06-AFC7-12402B1BB9C2_zpstrj20iwk.jpg

Screen accurate sights and rangefinder modelled from original movie CAD files as reference...
B49D2AAB-929E-4385-8933-54DBAB77BD19_zpsx3iyiuu1.jpg

Screen accurate LCD frame and rear left panel also made using original CAD reference...
E80C0631-E342-497E-9EC5-389A38CA7699_zps5io1zhbx.jpg

Front mag release and serial plate greebly...
9D942195-2845-488A-B2BD-3CCD5D1961DB_zpsbytaxopc.jpg

Rear slide cover, details modelled from original CAD files, overall piece eyed up from reference pics...
21EBA766-CDBF-4D6A-91E6-6AE791C52F3D_zpskvicw9hk.jpg

Grip saddle, the most ridiculously difficult piece to model, Sketchup does not like curved sections...
9E202F6E-DFA5-46B3-9720-B6EA46FD1062_zpsrzmznuzk.jpg

Rail adaptor modelled on the WE G18C gas blowback Glock, this'll be glued into the aluminium support shroud and there's a plug that fits into the opening to lock it into place...
EF4ACD83-8C78-411E-AD05-9479413C32A9_zpsujwwngiy.jpg

A quick test fit (not pictured... the sound of me squealing like a little girl)...
FC6AE385-D6F0-4F1B-BF82-A942A8BBA21C_zpspckpc6dj.jpg

Some careful measuring and it looks like it worked, I should be able to switch between semi and full auto while the slide is pulled back...
8C81C67E-802E-4F08-99D2-BC93EFEBDD9E_zpsesoq8ixg.jpg

And there it is, everything so far and sooooooo close to the finish line. More updates next week when the metal components arrive ;)

This is AWESOME! I just bought a Joatrash/Morgan13 resin Lawgiver, and I may now have to build a second one, if you make this available as a kit...

Thanks Mobius :) Nearing the finish line now, finally received the metal components, these were laser cut from 2mm aluminium. Next step is the clean up, bending, shaping, etc before at long last trying out the prototype assembly. Lots of updates to follow soon...

Was the resin Lawgiver a solid model or was it hollow? Movable trigger? This current project looks great. Just a shame we can't buy Airsoft guns here (or import them).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back