Dragoncon 2015

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if it was ok since I'm not that active in the forums so no one really knows me at all.

I have added your name to the badge listing, It Doesn't matter if you post all the time or never, this meet is for members of the rpf, even if you've never posted if your into costuming and building props or costumes that's all we care about, it's a meet up for fans on making things and props...we can't wait to meet you....

Hey folks,

I checked the badge design file to get the proper avatar dimensions that I need from you all.

I need an image no smaller than 400 pixels X 400 pixels.

If anyone has an image smaller than that I can try, keyword "try", to use one of my Photoshop utilities to size it up without loosing resolution. I have some software magic for that. But I'd like to reserve that for a last resort.

PM your avatar images, and if possible do me a favor and save your avatar image as your RPF username so I can easily keep track of them.

Matrix and I agreed on a cut off date of August 25th for those that want badges. This gives you all plenty of time to get on the badge list and PM your avatar images. I'd really like to avoid any last minute issues - but I know we are all working, being parents, living life and finishing cosplays, I just ask that you try to get me your avatar images as soon as possible. :D

46 days to go!!!

Thanks
Joshua

Hey folks,

I checked the badge design file to get the proper avatar dimensions that I need from you all.

I need an image no smaller than 400 pixels X 400 pixels.

If anyone has an image smaller than that I can try, keyword "try", to use one of my Photoshop utilities to size it up without loosing resolution. I have some software magic for that. But I'd like to reserve that for a last resort.

PM your avatar images, and if possible do me a favor and save your avatar image as your RPF username so I can easily keep track of them.

Matrix and I agreed on a cut off date of August 25th for those that want badges. This gives you all plenty of time to get on the badge list and PM your avatar images. I'd really like to avoid any last minute issues - but I know we are all working, being parents, living life and finishing cosplays, I just ask that you try to get me your avatar images as soon as possible. :D

46 days to go!!!

Thanks
Joshua
I'm a little confused do you need another avatar from the ones that were given?
Or do you just need them for better resolutionized badges?
Or do you need just a relisting of the avatar we want?

I'm a little confused do you need another avatar from the ones that were given?
Or do you just need them for better resolutionized badges?
Or do you need just a relisting of the avatar we want?

I can't just right click and save the avatars that are being used here on the site, because they will be too small to correctly show up on the badge. If you have a larger version of your avatar send that version to me. The avatars need to be no smaller than 400 x 400 pixels otherwise the avatars will be pixelated when the badges are printed.

I'm just trying to make sure that when the badges are printed at 300dpi the avatars look good.

Does that make more sense? Hope this helps to clarify things.

Joshua

I can't just right click and save the avatars that are being used here on the site, because they will be too small to correctly show up on the badge. If you have a larger version of your avatar send that version to me. The avatars need to be no smaller than 400 x 400 pixels otherwise the avatars will be pixelated when the badges are printed.

I'm just trying to make sure that when the badges are printed at 300dpi the avatars look good.

Joshua
Yes thanks for the clarification.

Joshua
I hate to ask this, but I am not good at finding images or avatars.
Could you possibly help me out so I get exactly what you need?:angel

I hate to ask this, but I am not good at finding images or avatars.
Could you possibly help me out so I get exactly what you need?:angel

No worries.

Here's what I would do:

1. Go to Google Images and search for your avatar. If you want to use a favorite character like you have for your RPF avatar just search for that character.

2. Under the search bar once images appear for the character you just searched you'll see a button that says "More Tools" click that.

3. On the left hand side you'll see an option for Size. Click that and select Large, then your search results will filter and only display large images.

4. Find the image you want to use and save it. Then using an image editor such as Photoshop you can crop it down to the proper 400 x 400 size that I need.

If any of you don't have access to Photoshop or a similar program for cropping your avatar, send me the un-cropped image and I will crop it down for you - just know that I will crop as I best see fit, so if you don't mind me taking creative license I can help do that for you.

Also, you could download GIMP, it's a free image editor and there is also a legacy version of Photoshop that is competently free. PM me for the details on that.

Hope this helps. Your friendly neighborhood helpfulnerd is here to serve :lol

Joshua

please add me to the list. the wood glue method for pepakura tutorial was what led me to the site but it is the amazing people and wisdom available for me to learn from which got me to sign up

I have added your name to the Badge list, You currently do not have an Avatar, if you would like to have an Avatar on your Badge, please let us know once you have added one. Also please send a copy of the avatar to Helpfulnerd. Thank you, and we can't wait to meet you.

I'll be at DC & would like to attend the meet up. You all are my daily inspiration (usually via Facebook) even tho my own projects are still mostly on the newb level. Can't wait to meet y'all.

I'll be at DC & would like to attend the meet up. You all are my daily inspiration (usually via Facebook) even tho my own projects are still mostly on the newb level. Can't wait to meet y'all.

I have added your name to the badge list, if you would like to have an avatar on your badge please update your avatar as well as send a copy to helpfulnerd. He is the one making the badges this year. Thanks.

As far as Facebook, here is the link for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/666959470072961/

We cant wait to meet you...

Just for fun, here's a pic of the R2D2 Football I made to go with my X-Wing Pilot Football Cosplay for this year. I didn't have a football last year. This is a fun upgrade for this time around.

2015-05-29 14.34.47.jpg

Please add me to the list for a badge, I will be arriving Thursday morning and would love meet up with the rest of the members

Thank you,

Staticweb23

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back