Dragon gets Star Wars licence

Re: Dragon making a 1/35 AT-AT

Not sure but could also just be "Prototypes" that they are posting well wishful thinking I guess., anyhow the proportions are of all over the place, Canopy, Rear Exhaust, Harpoon gun, even the paneling is way way off. I sorta agree with blakeh1 though, lets see how the final product turns out.
If I would build a Snowspeeder it would be the Studio Scale from Nexus "Rudolfo Martinez" Models, Pricey but Oh so good...doesn't get better then that.

Last edited:

Also, possibly some camera induced distortion perhaps? Not the 'sunroof' size but might impact how the relative angles appear... who knows until it is actually in someone's hands for a close look.
Cheers! Robert

Simply looking at the panel line beside the barrels, the guns are indeed parallel to each other unless they drastically altered the proportions of the "fuselage".

I also guess there are some lens distortions tricking the eye, especially at the front left edge of the Speeder (the edge that is closest to the camera / "left" from the model's perspective). Panel lines are undeniably strange. However, the top window and the angles of the engine box look way off. I really hope they will fix that in the final product. The feet of the original AT-ST were kinda small (I have a picture somewhere showing HOW damn small they were), so that's not too big a deal to me. What's bothering me more are the closed "eyes". If THAT's not going to be fixed / adjusted (using a hinge for example) you can really say that someone has not made his / her homework. But well, let's keep in mind that these are "only" the prototypes. :)

I hope that their Falcon will be a good one,....but so far the three main ones that they've shown us doesn't fill me with confidence

J

They are prototypes and isn't what modeler's do best is taking a model that might be somewhat inaccurate and fixing it? I mean just look at what people on this forum do with the mpc falcon. I have one and will be doing tons of mods to it to make it more accurate to what we see on screen. I guess price will be a big factor with these dragon models.

I just bought a 1/48 tie fighter from the revell master series and even that is going to need some work to make it more studio scale like. At the end of the day each modeler is going to do their models how they see fit, so we aren't going to always see exact replicas. However, not taking input from modeling masters is something that I don't understand. In order to be the best, you must emulate what the best does. Ignoring your fan base or critics is never a good idea. I'm anxious to see what dragon offers in their final products. My collection needs to grow along with my modeling skills.

I hope that their Falcon will be a good one,....but so far the three main ones that they've shown us doesn't fill me with confidence

J
Wow what scale is that going to be?

It's another 1/144......dunno if it will be based on the 5 footer or the 32"

12347672_1255877477772069_9184609439681361362_n.jpg

J

Hmmm should be facinating seeing what comes of it. i would be most interested in the tie fighter and x wing to go with my bandai falcon. any news on release dates?

Oh dear,

theyve used the the wrong Falcon, that's the retired 32" with a soft detailed TFA radar dish

Bandai wins again

J

They should have done a ANH version. I think many fans would be more forgiving of flaws and/missing details. Plus, it would really differentiate it from the Bandai. Missed opportunity IMO. I guess they figure everywhere outside of Japan isn't supposed to have the Bandai TFA Falcon.

Chris

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back