4010.jpg
4011.jpg
4013.jpg
4014.jpg
4015.jpg
4016.jpg
4017.jpg

Last edited:
Looks familiar. Mine has been mothballed for much of the year due to life getting in the way. But - seeing yours finished does inspire me to look into finding time to get mine to the stage you got yours. Well done. Looks spectacular, and in the mold of the ILM model.

Finally found some spare time to be able to really look over the pics and man - you've done an epic job on her. Really great build!
Did you use a wash for those panel lines or a pencil? If it was a pencil, what grade lead did you use? I'm thinking of using an HB on mine but was wondering if there was something softer but equally as defined as an HB?

Finally found some spare time to be able to really look over the pics and man - you've done an epic job on her. Really great build!
Did you use a wash for those panel lines or a pencil? If it was a pencil, what grade lead did you use? I'm thinking of using an HB on mine but was wondering if there was something softer but equally as defined as an HB?
thanks for the flowers mad...but to be honest my isd isn't even half as stunning then your build! Unfortunately, I had to realize that a lot of details were lost under the characteristic winter pixel camouflage. To your question: No, it's not a wash I did the panel lines with the smallest mechanical pencil I could find...0.3mm. i tryed both grades, H and HB and HB is to soft so he lines get to thick at areas where the surface is too rough and he also smears faster. So I almost exclusively used H. because you can't use a rigid ruler on the often uneven surfaces, i made a few tools for myself. for 97% of the panel lines i used the red thing. It's transparent red foil...transparent because that way I could check better whether I always have the right angle...and it's angled so that you don't always rub your fingers on the surface...hope that helps

cheers

e20230417024640.jpg

thanks for the useful info! Good idea making your own rulers. I had a similar thought of using a cut up CD case in various angles. I shall make a trip to my local Officework and pick up an H mechanical pencil and give it a go :)

thanks for the useful info! Good idea making your own rulers. I had a similar thought of using a cut up CD case in various angles. I shall make a trip to my local Officework and pick up an H mechanical pencil and give it a go :)
another tip to prevent smearing of lines that have already been drawn. i always just put a paper towel over the already drawn area so you can put your hand on it without smearing everything...works well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back