Does anyone know of a push button sound recorder?

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am after a push button sound recorder, but I would like to add sound files digitally, not through a push down record feature. Even if it has a mic jack, that would be best.

I am a moron when it comes to electronics and I'm just afraid hooking up a traditional sound module is beyond my techincal level. There really is NO other way to have a few sounds at the push of a button without the cost and work of a sound module?

I did see the thread about the Think Geek t-shirt. I am perusing for more options.

What's your application for this? I'm afraid I can't be too much of a help, since I want something to play sounds for when I eventually make a gun. I wanted to program something to shoot, reload, fire, empty clip click etc. what are you doing?

I was thinking perhaps an adruino mini? I know some electronics, and I know some programming, but I have no idea how to use or program an adruino mini. Maybe someone with more experience?

I am hoping for something I can eventually add to each of my life-size figures. I was hoping to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Rubies put out a Darth Vader breathing device that really like. You keep your finger on a small button, and his breathing sounds repeat. I don't need a speaker or anything way loud, because my figures are in a quiet environment.

Ideally, I would love sound for my Chewbacca, a laugh for my Joker, etc. Even one sound per figure would be neat.

I just can't believe they don't make a stuffed bear module you can input sounds onto digitally.

I had used a recording module from Radio Shak for a replica of Marvin the Martian's ray gun I had made a few years ago. I had used it to record the original blast sound effect that I had put into the build. They're not very lound, but they can be hooked up to an amplifier to boost the replay.

I hope this can be of help.

9V Recording Module - RadioShack.com

These type of devices do exist, but the ability for the end user to easily change sounds via a digital input is generally more costly... An analog input or microphone is generally more cost effective for the end user, or one pre-loaded with provided sounds is also cost effective...

As for cost you will never be able to compete against the cheap low quality digital recorders, but just the same it can be cost effective...

My budget Ghostbusters Sound system is a perfect example, and would work well in a life size figures since you have the room, all you would need to do is add triggers like a motion sensor, push button or what not... For an application like you want, the proprietary GB interface can be removed from my kit to save a little cost and you can then trigger the sounds manually, using the header on the side, as the board has that ability built in, as well as a 5 Watt amplifier and volume control... Up to 10 sounds can be programmed in, looping a sound is an option...

budget%20sound%20board%20details.jpg

I plan on making a more compact version for blasters later this year...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back