Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster - New build with electronics - Page 3

Re: Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster

While I'm here. Does anyone know how you attach an image like I've done here by uploading it to the forum, but instead of it just being in a little preview thumbnail as you can see here, it also shows full sized in the main reply text? I'm aware of photo sites like Photobucket etc, but I'd rather just upload stuff to the forum server as that way, my images will always remain. Perhaps this is a question for another part of the forum.

Holluba

doctor-who-rivers-alpha-meson-blaster-new-build-electronics-page-3-alpha-meson-blaster-front-end-detail-crop.jpg-61606d1312277627

right click on the thumbnail and view the image in its own page, copy the web address and insert using insert image code like you would a picture from an external host.

Re: Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster

Thanks for the tip Lightning, I'll try that out next time I have a picture to show.

Birdie, the blaster is fantastic! I like how you've wired it all up to get the correct lighting effects. That really makes the finished prop 'zing'. I also think you made the right choice by adapting the barrel, though apologies if I gave you a little extra work there.

That tac light, is that a Nitefinder piece? I mean the section behind the lens piece that you mentioned was from a Nitefinder. If it is, how easy was it to do, was there a lot of re-shaping to be done?

Holluba

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I think I'll be putting this one to bed now :lol

Holluba, it was quite easy building up the barrel, appreciate the heads up :thumbsup

The part you are talking about was scratch built in two sections, then cast in resin. The two uprights of the 'H' are the same sculpt cast twice, with the middle section being a separate sculpt and cast.

Sounds overly complicated, but was worked out around placing the electronics.

A thing of beauty, I think I may cry--mostly because I don't have the tools or skills to make one myself (T_T). Does anyone here know if they are able to make an official replica, or is the fact that it's a modded NERF gun mean they can't?

A thing of beauty, I think I may cry--mostly because I don't have the tools or skills to make one myself (T_T). Does anyone here know if they are able to make an official replica, or is the fact that it's a modded NERF gun mean they can't?

I'm sure Nerf wouldn't mind if they paid them enough :lol

I did notice that the new CO River figure has a miniature one.

have designed and made a few of these gumns not identical but a really close match if anyone is interested they will be posted on ebay shortly. pics to follow.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back