Doctor Who opinions

Gotta disagree- Made just like screen used by the same artists. I've found Rubbertoes items to be a good valie.

My hatred is a bottomless pit filled with rage and fury .For the "C" word. Not THAT word, the other one, the "Cla" word. Moffat MUST be stopped. Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!!!
And the Doctor escaping in a portaloo was the best bit.
This is getting just too ....ing surreal for words.
Oh my god its alive. Still.

I liked the episode overall, but Moffat is treating Clara like a plaster that is stuck on a hairy arm, he just seems unwilling to pull it off and throw it away, I know its going to hurt, but it has to be done for life to carry on.

Oh, and BTW, **** the weeping angels, they were good once, they do not deserve more screen time than the daleks and cybermen.

Thank god he didn't somehow squeeze the posternator gang into there too.

So everyone just ignore the confused looking old Timelord in the corner, playing his guitar while he tries to remember what it was he forgot...

Meanwhile: Tune in next time for The Exciting Adventures of Clara and Me!™ Join us as we follow the exploits of the undead Miss Oswald and an approx 4.7 billion year-old immortal Viking girl - the last person alive at the end of the universe (how many of those are there now?)
Thrill as neither of them get any older, Clara ignores the fact that she has to return and die, and Ashildr somehow hasn't gone mad after living half the age of the universe. Marvel at how they can somehow work a Tardis well enough to set it up as a 50's diner, complete with fake interior (that is somehow inside the Tardis but before you get to the console room), but manage to get the chameleon circuit stuck. (Self referential in-joke, how very LOL... why aren't you laughing? ;) ) and transport the Doctor's Tardis,

I enjoyed the episode despite its flaws.

Outside the obvious "Clara's back," Ashildr/Me really bugged me more. Here's an immortal in a galaxy that has plenty of immortals -- yet, she's the one that survives. Sigh... if you're going to give her that type of power, come up with a better explanation for it!!

I'd love to see next season be about the Doctor having to chase Clara and Ashildr/Me down as they go the 'long way 'round' tearing holes in time. It'll never happen, but that could be a great storyline.

I've fallen off Nu Who forever ago but I had some time enough tonight to sit down and catch the episodes that were airing leading up to the finale. Imagine my surprise when Heaven Sent was something actually decent and thinking the finale could be too. They finally bumped of Clara and the Doctor's moving inward as a character, there's finally some depth to the part, let's see how the next one builds from that!

Now, imagine staring at a close up of someone crafting what looks to be a wonderful, chocolate delicacy. The way the hands are handling the ingredients, you'd think there was a competent confectioner crafting the thing. What delicious outcome could it possibly be? The camera pulls back to reveal a grown man-child playing with his own feces.

What a fool I am. That season finale was rubbish with a capitol "Clara Oswald". Rubbish when it started, trash when it ended.

No more. No more.

Last edited:
I'm wondering now, was Me the thing at the end of the universe in 'LISTEN'? If so, I like the fact that Orson was afraid of her. Gives the idea that she was so bored with existence, torturing the last remaining living thing was just a way to pass the time.

As for the episode, I liked it, & warts & all, here's why. I could really rip the entire season apart, but what I've reminded myself of over & over,is that I usually enjoy DW. I agree that the writing has declined, & it feels like the show is trying to recapture what it was a few years ago, by following some formulas, but even though a ton of decisions with the story & plot aren't what I'd do, I still actually enjoy it.

That's just me though.:unsure

Clara and Me are standing by a river (not Song) behind them The Face of Boe rises and devours them. Everyone is happy again.

My biggest question would be, if Me can survive to the end of the universe because of one little chip in her head...

A) what happened to the guy played by Rufus Hound who got the same treatment?

B) if its that easy to live forever, why aren't more people doing it?

I loved the old TARDIS interior, sound effects & all.......I wish they'd bring that back

Gonna watch it again just to ogle it

J
That really was the best part of the episode.

I'm getting a bit tired of these trick escapes. "Let's go into this dangerous area. Nobody will follow us and I know a secret way out."

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back