Doctor Who: Journey to the Center of the TARDIS bottle SPOILERS!

I've finished my clear bottle but wanted to try something different with the blue-colored one. Before I printed out the label for my clear bottle, I wanted to slightly darken it to bring out the Gallifreyan characters a little more, and accidentally clicked "Autofix" in my photo-editing program, and while the result was totally unusable for the clear bottle, I decided to use it as a non-canon "special edition" label for the blue one, just for something different (who's to say the TARDIS library doesn't have a few different editions?) You can see the results here, next to the played-straight Vol. X:

View attachment 189149

...aaand for some reason the blue bottle turned out looking more greenish in the photo. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the same purple mouthwash for it or try something that might contrast a little more...any thoughts?

Those look great! And good tip with the wax paper, I'm going to go supply hunting this weekend for the stuff to do the bottles I have so far.

Those look great! And good tip with the wax paper, I'm going to go supply hunting this weekend for the stuff to do the bottles I have so far.

Thanks! I'm a little iffy about the height of the label...I put mine one inch from the bottom, as that seems roughly where it is on-screen, but it still seems a bit low. I guess it isn't crucial unless you're doing a whole set, though...

What did you use as adhesive?

For the clear bottle, I used Elmer's spray adhesive, but found it to be a real pain to handle...still, it's holding good. I used an Elmer's glue stick for the blue bottle, and it seems to work just as well with far less fuss. But that was just my experience; mileages may vary.

Printed labels on Avery brand 8 1/2" x 11" white shipping label sheets for Ink Jet printers - Item #8165. I started by using card stock and Loctite brand spray adhesive, but it didn't hold well enough and the shipping labels were much easier to work with and less messy. I haven't had much luck with the wax paper rubbing to give it the semi-gloss appearance... Mine still come out pretty much flat finish. The best thing about using the shipping label paper, though, is that while they stay on just fine, they come off clean if the label design is ever refined or I find a better printer for the next batch!
So here are my first Doctor Who props!
photo (19).JPGphoto (17).JPG'
Not too bad for a first timer, if I do say so myself! :eek:)

Printed labels on Avery brand 8 1/2" x 11" white shipping label sheets for Ink Jet printers - Item #8165. I started by using card stock and Loctite brand spray adhesive, but it didn't hold well enough and the shipping labels were much easier to work with and less messy. I haven't had much luck with the wax paper rubbing to give it the semi-gloss appearance... Mine still come out pretty much flat finish. The best thing about using the shipping label paper, though, is that while they stay on just fine, they come off clean if the label design is ever refined or I find a better printer for the next batch!
So here are my first Doctor Who props!
View attachment 198096View attachment 198097'
Not too bad for a first timer, if I do say so myself! :eek:)

Looking good! I may clean mine off and redo them with the Avery label sheets for that very reason...the adhesives I used for mine work, but there was still a lot of mess involved.

Hello everyone, I wanted to share my go at these bottles. I printed the labels on texture/aged colored paper and then adhered them to the bottle with double sided carpet tape. It's a little trick i have been using a lot over the years and it worked a treat here. If I find a more satin finish paper that seems to be more water resistant I may have another go.

Personally for me, I didn't want the entire set for a couple reasons, one of which being space. So I chose two bottles that were lucky enough to be seen pretty clearly on screen. Why luckily? Because they are my two favorite Doctors!

Now, after putting the labels on I filled both bottles with Listerine Total Care Fresh Mint (left). However I felt that the purple disappeared when on the shelf so today I switched to Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield (right). I like the purple better and it shows up better in the display so win/win. Ignore the bubbles you see on the right, they go away after a day or so.

IMG_5128_zpsaa3cc6dd.jpg

A wise move really. I do wonder about moving these when I move again. Like should I dump out the mouth wash. Still, plenty of time to figure that out.

Anyone have extra bottles that they can sell me? I've been contacted by Ikea and they are no longer available, the store I reserved mine from (drove all the way to San Diego) is refunding my money and I can't find them anywhere else, especially here in Las Vegas. So now I have a bunch of labels and no bottle to affix them on. Please PM me if you could spare 2-4 bottles with caps, you price with shipping to NV 89128. Thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back