Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

I think for you me and Bootlegger Sunday is on. I'll just be getting there around 12 due to prior commitments in the morning. This is assuming the Ren Faire doesn't close on us again.

Actually, slight change of plans now, Been talking with Bootlegger and due to the weather still and ailments, we're canceling tomorrow as well. Who knows, maybe the Ren Faire will as well. Sorry for the disappointment there, I know we all wanted to meet up but hopefully we'll do so soon.

We're tossing around new dates and idea for next month so watch this space!

Ok...how does the schedule look for everyone for Sunday, Novemeber 13th?

Terra and I have been batting ideas back and forth.

A couple of ideas floated would be:

Gettysburg - battlefield and possibly doing a ghost tour
Valley Forge
New York City - Empire State Building...we could check for remnants of Dalekanium panels :) Also has the advantage of buildings in which to warm up. Can also tie in other genres (Ghostbusters, etc).

We're very open to other ideas.

Not sure if this is taking it too far, but at the Ren Faire they start a dinner theater soon Oct 31-Nov 13 Poe Evermore

Thing is, I doubt we could be social during the show and not sure of our options after.

I think the Gettysburgh idea would be really cool since it incorperates a time-travel type deal. We could get pics taken with some of the re-enactors.

No...not always. Sometimes there's a unit doing a display/living history...but probably not the 13th. The 19th is a big parade for Rememberance Day, commemorating the dedication of the cemetary and Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

We will figure something out - though with winter coming fast, outdoor events are going to be a real pain.
Lets look ahead for some cons coming up in either NY, NJ or any in Philly. Any road-trip event would have to work with my show schedule since we don't have understudies, I cannot take off work like a normal person does.

We will figure something out - though with winter coming fast, outdoor events are going to be a real pain.
Lets look ahead for some cons coming up in either NY, NJ or any in Philly. Any road-trip event would have to work with my show schedule since we don't have understudies, I cannot take off work like a normal person does.

Next con worth checking out that I know of is Farpoint held in February just north of Baltimore. It's not big, but might be able to give us a fix until the big ones hit.

This may be low key but check out number 6:

Philcon 2011

I'm out for that one. I'm headed out of town that weekend.

my schedule gets crazy now. (Retail). not sure how my weekends are going to be.

Working this weekend. the Following it looks like I'm going to have to go up to NYC for a Doctor Who photoshoot for my friend's school project. I'm out of town the 19th-26th-ish. In december i'm not sure of my schedule but it's probably working. then, the first weekend of January I'm modeling as Amy for Dr. Sketchy's Doctor Who event in FL. Sorry, my schedule kind of sucks. :( (though, so excited because i get to see my doctor in january and february. so freaking excited. He's going to try to come up this way for a photoshoot at some point too. Finally, epic shenanigans with my doctor and rory and possibly river too. /cool story bro

[though i still don't know how i ended up with two "my doctors" and two "my rivers". they sort of started calling themselves that, and they know about each other. it's cracking me up too, because the rivers are far too alike IRL. they both, not talking to each other, said something word for word to me. it was crazy.]

My schedule gets crazy now. (Retail). not sure how my weekends are going to be.

Same for me. I manage a store and teach classes in the evenings starting now until Christmas.

Not that it has anything to do with plans in the near future, but now that I've seen the RPF Halloween party pics from the West coast people...I'm going to plan on hosting one for our area next year. We have plenty of space for it in our 3 story Victorian home. :D

Wow Moonfall...I'm not that busy, and I have 3 kids at home!! :lol

I'm out for the Philcon bit. I've got the test for the Philly Fire Department that Saturday, so probably not wise to be out late Friday night.

As much as I hate to say it, it's looking more and more like were not going to get a big meet until after the holidays. A shame, but that's life sometimes. At least we know there's a good group here in the Philly area.

Wizard World Philadelphia is June 1-3...put it on your schedules now! ;)

My friend and I are in for Wizard World already, hopefully we all pick the same day.

But if not before the holidays, hopefully we can all meet up before June.

My friend and I are in for Wizard World already, hopefully we all pick the same day.

But if not before the holidays, hopefully we can all meet up before June.

Well, we have enough time to coordinate the day for WW...hopefully. :lol

Definitely before June. If not, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Farpoint is in February.

Hey Guys, just out of interest, do we have an Mickeys, Marthas, or Sarah Jane Smiths? I had an idea for a Tennant shoot and was looking for the missing characters. I should already have a Rose, Donna and Jack (er, maybe I should confirm that). Hmmm, it occurs to me that I would need a Jackie as well.

I am looking for this ida to match the outfits from Journey's End, but I'll take what I can get for the rest of the idea for sure.

Hey Guys, just out of interest, do we have an Mickeys, Marthas, or Sarah Jane Smiths? I had an idea for a Tennant shoot and was looking for the missing characters. I should already have a Rose, Donna and Jack (er, maybe I should confirm that). Hmmm, it occurs to me that I would need a Jackie as well.

I am looking for this ida to match the outfits from Journey's End, but I'll take what I can get for the rest of the idea for sure.

Hi! You know I'm in. Becci also mentioned something about finding Donna's top on ebay. I'm not sure if she won it or not. I should ask.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back