Doctor Strange

Great decision if they can get him. Dr Strange is not the most popular or well known of characters outside of comic fandom, so attatching someone as popular as Benedict would be a canny move by Marvel. A good proportion of fairer sex would trek along just to see him, so it would be a great way to grow the box office appeal. Plus theres a darker edge and vocal tone to him that lends itself well to the character. Given how many of the older Marvel actors are probably going to run out of contract and sequels soon I think its a very clever casting decision. i

No confirmation at the Marvel event. But the date did move. *leans back* Well, let's see what other actors will go into the rumour mill that seems to rotate monthly/weekly

Well then. As a fan of the man, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to like this. But I'll watch it rather than half of the drama stuff he does.

Just posted by the director
Cumberbatch-Strange-art.jpg

Yeah he posted it last night and just confirmed that it's fan art and not official. Also that he has no idea who made it.

They were supposed to start filming in may indeed. I'm curious how he fits it in his schedule.

Sometimes I think he has a timeturner from the ministry of magic. That he's an actual wizard, also having ties with Ra's al Ghul for using his lazarus pit.

Nvm, but I'm warming up to the idea actually. Reading some comics has given me insight in the character. It's quite a good fit actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylebuchanan: On tape, Cumberbatch teases that DOCTOR STRANGE will have "girls, cars, explosions, and a bit of astral projecting into multiple dimensions"

EricVespe: Cumberbatch's video was focused on making sure we knew that Doctor Strange is going to be something wholly different than what we're used to

LauInLA: First, #DoctorStrange: Cumberbatch sent a video. "He's an extraordianary character that brings another dimension" to the MCU. #D23Expo

devincf: STRANGE art: big flowing red cape. Weird dimensions. INCEPTION-style buildings moving. Cars levitating in formation.

devincf: Final shot of STRANGE: strange doing energy blasts from his hands. In art Strange is drawn as Cumberbatch, grey temples. #D23Expo

EricVespe: Also of note, the art for The Ancient One was an old asian dude. Pre-Swinton casting or are we getting something weird?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back