Doctor Strange

I always kind of liked the idea of Patrick Dempsey...

images

JHoffman: "Potential Scoop? A respected but not superstar director seen in elevator with GIANT amounts of Doctor Strange comics. Interpret as you like."

Please not Depp, anybody but Depp. I don't know much about the Dr. Strange character but he seems to be too straight of a character to be played by Johnny Depp who tends to specialize in the off beat and outrageous characters, plus after seeing him so often as Jack Sparrow I see too much of Capt. Jack in everything he's done since.

Please not Depp, anybody but Depp. I don't know much about the Dr. Strange character but he seems to be too straight of a character to be played by Johnny Depp who tends to specialize in the off beat and outrageous characters, plus after seeing him so often as Jack Sparrow I see too much of Capt. Jack in everything he's done since.
100% agreed

He's certainly a great actor, capable of just about any role. He's not my top choice, but I think he would do the character justice

have you seen any roles of depp before pirates?

hes a fantastic actor, you just need to put aside those goofy roles hes playing recently.

Yes, I have but everything he's done since then reminds me too much of Capt. Jack whether it's intentional or not. I think that it's the way he speaks, every now and again I can't help but to hear a bit of Capt. Jack in the way he talks and it takes me out of the moment. I also think that he's too typecast now to really do something not oddball or over the top, audiences don't seem to be able to or want to buy him as a serious actor anymore, he needs to take some time off and do some serious roles in small movies before tackling a serious role in a big budget movie.

just for the record, depp has made many serious films after pirates. people just tend to ignore it.

secret window, finding neverland, public enemies, rum diaries, etc.

Depp or Oldman ? Ether would do the role justice.But I would choose Depp.Ever after the Lone Ranger disaster he is still a great actor

Look at Depp in Polanski's Ninth Gate. The nuance and curiosity with which he brought to that role sets him up perfectly for Doctor Strange. You need someone with Depp's experience and gravitas to step in and direct the Avengers in matters of the Marvel Universe, especially when it pertains to an Infinity Gauntlet story arc - which is where Disney and Marvel Studios is headed. Gary Oldman is great, but Johnny in Strange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Depp for Dr Strange rumor has lost some traction since a few days ago but it's painfully obvious why Marvel wants an actor like Depp - they need an A-lister with global box office appeal to replace RDJ for their Phase 3 line-up. Marvel has mentioned in the past that they want Dr Strange to anchor Phase 3. Even if Depp doesn't pan out, don't be surprised if they go to another big name to play this role.

The Depp for Dr Strange rumor has lost some traction since a few days ago but it's painfully obvious why Marvel wants an actor like Depp - they need an A-lister with global box office appeal to replace RDJ for their Phase 3 line-up. Marvel has mentioned in the past that they want Dr Strange to anchor Phase 3. Even if Depp doesn't pan out, don't be surprised if they go to another big name to play this role.

A-Lister like RDJ? RDJ's career was all but over before marvel made him iron man, which is the only reason he still has a career. just saying :)

A-Lister like RDJ? RDJ's career was all but over before marvel made him iron man, which is the only reason he still has a career. just saying :)

tumblr_lv3q75Ykdo1qmnnibo1_400.gif

You're comparing Marvel Studios at its inception in 2006-2008 with a much smaller budget to today when they need to replace RDJ's star power. Love him or hate him, RDJ has two billion dollar movies in back to back years, he's gonna be big shoes to fill for anyone.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back