Jacket $19 (shipped from Walmart)

3 rolls of matting $15

ADS tubing $6

Foam pieces $2

Electronics for sound $4

$46 total

I think I will need to spend about $4 more on styrene. So end cost will be $50

Not too shabby at all for a jacket like that! :thumbsup

Did you remove the fleece in the collar too?

Nope. I left it since you can see it. I also left the sleeve lining as it makes the sleeves look belowed, like the real jacket.

I finished up the back, started the shoulder straps and added the second sleeve cuff band.

Dsc04945.jpg

Dsc04947.jpg

Dsc04942.jpg

Dsc04955.jpg

Dsc04951.jpg

DSC04954.jpg

Dsc04958.jpg

Dsc04959.jpg

Dsc04960.jpg

Wow. Excellent work Jedifyfe. I was being anal about the material I could find here not matching the screen-used jacket exactly. Now I think i'll just go ahead and start on my jacket.

Thanks for sharing this amazing idea! Your hard work really shows off! I think I must try this except in going for a "hoodie" version. How long do you think the drawer liner will last with casual wear? My only concern is the material drying out and falling apart. Either way I'm sure replacing it shouldn't be a problem! Either way great job pal!

Thanks for sharing this amazing idea! Your hard work really shows off! I think I must try this except in going for a "hoodie" version. How long do you think the drawer liner will last with casual wear? My only concern is the material drying out and falling apart. Either way I'm sure replacing it shouldn't be a problem! Either way great job pal!

This stuff doesn't dry out. I'm not sure where you got that idea, but it doesn't. And it may feel soft, but it's strong.

Yes the matting is pretty strong, It looks like there's some sort of plastic on the inner layer to keep it from falling apart. I made my jacket a year ago and it still holds up without problems.

All I know if I should have just had someone else do this now. I have spent the past hour and a half on mine and am already to put it in a drawer lol. I'm just not a clothes maker.

Nope, cut styrene strips painted black. I thought about the zip ties but I wanted them to look more accurate. The zip ties have the grooves on them. :thumbsup

Your zip ties have grooves on both sides? Interesting, I thought they were smooth on one side.

Still though, very nice! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back