Dexter costume

I am also not making the information public on this forum. Sellers will find out what watch it is and skyrocket the prices of them. The watches already run in the $200ish price range. I think if it's kept a secret as long as we can, there is a better chances of the members here who really want one to get one.

I will be PMing the info to everyone who is interested when I secure one for myself. I think that is the best way to go about it, no?

I think that sounds more than fair. Can't wait to see if anyone's guesses were right.

I think it is fair too. I am PMing Risu, Zombie, and whoever else wants to know. I'd rather give them the chance to own one then someone who (COUGHTRONGUYCOUGH)-- excuse me..... Someone who will buy them and sell them for hundreds of dollars more.

Sorry to do it that way Zombie, but yes. I hope you understand. Finding just ONE has been a no go so far. As usual with this show.
Oh, I absolutely understand, and I sincerely hope you (and everyone else who's looking) find one!

When you're ready to divulge the info, be sure to put me on the PM list. I probably won't go looking for one as I'm happy with my "close enough" Timex, but I'd still like to satisfy my curiosity. :D

Oh, I absolutely understand, and I sincerely hope you (and everyone else who's looking) find one!

When you're ready to divulge the info, be sure to put me on the PM list. I probably won't go looking for one as I'm happy with my "close enough" Timex, but I'd still like to satisfy my curiosity. :D

Good, I'm glad you do. I felt like a (another name for a male's member) for not letting everyone know.

You're already on the PM list. You, Risu, and Pinder.

It's cool man, I've felt that way for over a year now because I'm keeping one Doctor Who tie brand name under my hat until I track one down. Over a year of checking ebay multiple times a week and not a single one has popped up.

DarkP - very cool on your show contact, that is very nice of her... as far as letting us know about the G-Star pants though, pretty sure I suggested that back in Feb 2010, early in the thread. ;)
I wish you luck on finding the watch, and totally agree on your reasons for non-release of info...sometimes stuff just has to stay in the vault for a while, and I have learned the same thing along the way.

I just consider it as "part of the game". We're all collectors of a sort, and I'm sure "I'll get mine, then I'll help you get yours" is an often unspoken but quite common occurrence among us lunatics when it comes to hard-to-find items.

Also, once DarkPassenger locates one and has it in his hands he'll be in a better position to determine whether or not it actually is the correct watch, which is better for all of us.

I am so happy everyone is so understanding about it.

Now, I'd like some opinions here please........

I think I found the watch in gold and am having the seller plate it in silver for me. Once I see it and am happy with the turnout, I will share the info through PMs (won't be long, maybe 3 weeks). The watch I found has 2 lines instead of 3 lines above the center. Everything else, including the body shape and 2 words on the single line are the same.....
There looks like 2 lines on the watch in the first pic and 3 lines in the second pic. (Looks like it to me anyway). We know there are 2 watches, Harry and Dexter's. Chances of the prop team finding the same exact watch is...? What do you guys think?

Dexter_watch-1.jpg

5536352605_6907b8cc26_b.jpg

We know there are 2 watches, Harry and Dexter's. Chances of the prop team finding the same exact watch is...? What do you guys think?
I think their odds are better than ours. Those prop and wardrobe people have resources we can only dream about.

Besides, with the limited amount of reference we have so far we don't really know what's printed on the dials on the actual items. And if there is a difference and it's that minor I think only the most hardcore, egotistical, pain-in-the-you-know-what types would give you static about it anyway. If you can afford the watch and the plating, and you're comfortable with the decision, run with it!

I think their odds are better than ours. Those prop and wardrobe people have resources we can only dream about.

Besides, with the limited amount of reference we have so far we don't really know what's printed on the dials on the actual items. And if there is a difference and it's that minor I think only the most hardcore, egotistical, pain-in-the-you-know-what types would give you static about it anyway. If you can afford the watch and the plating, and you're comfortable with the decision, run with it!

I am re-watching that scene with the watch and doll head. (Season 1 Episode 2), and the more I watch it, the more I think there is only 2 lines of text there. Freezing it at different times make it look like 2 and then a split second later, 3. Could be a reflection or a glare.
The thing is, I can sort of read it now that I know what is says on the lines.

The watch I found says the brand on the top line.
Automatic or Electric (example) on the second line.
And the single line is the model name.

I think I got it exact except the damn color. I'll see how the plating comes out.

The prop department would have no problem getting multiples. For example:

"We need the hero watch for the show, we need several as backups."

"OK then, well here's a box of identical watches from some movie back in '98 where they needed a ton of watches."

"Hey, that's great. And nobody will ever resent us for using this expensive and hard to find vintage watch as part of this costume."

The prop department would have no problem getting multiples. For example:

"We need the hero watch for the show, we need several as backups."

"OK then, well here's a box of identical watches from some movie back in '98 where they needed a ton of watches."

"Hey, that's great. And nobody will ever resent us for using this expensive and hard to find vintage watch as part of this costume."

:lol Damn them. I always thought they used some random watch. Like maybe the prop guy's fathers watch or something.

It does make me wonder what goes into the thinking process when they're deciding such things. That particular style of watch was very popular in the early 70s and similar versions were manufactured by a number of companies, so what made them decide to go with that manufacturer's version? Could it have been as simple as, "Oh, we've got a whole box full of these," as Risu suggested?

I had no idea most props are done that way. I'd like to know who's idea it was to cut the fillet knife out of the Global Spatula for the Kill Tools. What a curve ball that was.

I think it is fair too. I am PMing Risu, Zombie, and whoever else wants to know. I'd rather give them the chance to own one then someone who (COUGHTRONGUYCOUGH)-- excuse me..... Someone who will buy them and sell them for hundreds of dollars more.

Could you add me to the list as well?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back