Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Ok cool that will help a lot. I'll build just that upper spine piece and call it good. Ill prolly start on it after the codpiece which is mostly done. Should be finishing that tonight. Updated pics in my build thread here :)

Ant

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Getting there! just need to finish collar plates and forearms and my top half is done! not looking forward to doing the thighs though...
Still after some advice on spraying the whole thing, Alot of masking tape i think to section the different peices off. Fits lovely though nice and snug

Hm, yeah that sounds like about the most logical solution, fur sure. Thanks for the tip! Yeah I was planning on putting in some little tray-type pocket things in the thigh pieces that would pull out for phone and wallet access, or inside the thigh wall like jayjayn did.

@fyreant

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, lotta workin over the weekend...
As far as the brace, this part is probably all you really need, at the base of of the neck:

77gk7.jpg

You can see what I have of the front portion of the brace in the other pic I posted. There are also plenty of people that dont do the brace, thats cool too. The only people that would notice are here hehe

I agree with omarbou1, the collar is kinda the bridge between the chest and back. Again, not many people would notice, so whatever works for ya. B is definitely the closest. You can see in my next pic that the chest and back pieces aren't actually attached.

KRCMS.jpg

Got some paint laid down on a few pieces. My sanding of the rondo shell was god awful, but hopefully the new stuff I bought will be easier to sand. My dremel skills are also not what they once were...be sure to PRACTICE ON TEST PIECES. Cause, uh...yeah...I think once I do the weathering and blackwash and all that, I can hide most of the imperfections as battle damage. I just really wanted to see something on it painted to give me a boost, ykno?

Looking awesome mate! i hope mine will be as good as yours

Getting there! just need to finish collar plates and forearms and my top half is done! not looking forward to doing the thighs though...
Still after some advice on spraying the whole thing, Alot of masking tape i think to section the different peices off. Fits lovely though nice and snug

Looking good there mate, fingers crossed your bottom half comes out as clean as the torso section you made:thumbsup

incredible, this guy sell the plains from here ,from robo on ebay and ,just say ,hes the creator of these plains and templates.!!
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Iron-Man-Armatura-Completa-Elmo-perfetto-Replica-/290777161432?pt=Merchandising_Cinema_e_TV&hash=item43b3ab5ed8
its a joke?
i think we need make too more strong the acces to this forum and downloads

i think fine his sell the finish armor but not make money from the other people templates!!

to admin.. please copy and paste this msg to correct site.

regards!

Looking good there mate, fingers crossed your bottom half comes out as clean as the torso section you made:thumbsup

Thanks very much! im hoping that plastidip will bring out alot of my cut and glue lines but thankyou for saying its clean, means alot

Thanks very much! im hoping that plastidip will bring out alot of my cut and glue lines but thankyou for saying its clean, means alot
No probs mate.....why not start your own thread so we can see your updates more easily
Yes when you plastidip, it will cover most mistakes that you may have made, it's surprising how much better it looks once you start adding colour too.
I only plasti-dipped my helmet, the rest of my suit was 5 coats of pva, 2 primer and 2 colour...seemed to do the trick for me

Looking awesome mate! i hope mine will be as good as yours

Thank you sir, i truly appreciate the compliment! Yours is coming out excellent as well! Cant wait to see your progress!

incredible, this guy sell the plains from here ,from robo on ebay and ,just say ,hes the creator of these plains and templates.!!
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Iron-Man-Armatura-Completa-Elmo-perfetto-Replica-/290777161432?pt=Merchandising_Cinema_e_TV&hash=item43b3ab5ed8
its a joke?
i think we need make too more strong the acces to this forum and downloads

i think fine his sell the finish armor but not make money from the other people templates!!

to admin.. please copy and paste this msg to correct site.

regards!
I'll try to report it.
Thanks for letting us know.

I sent him a message in Italian, so he'll know what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Just incase someone is wondering how to put the joints together. Some people use chicago screws or binding screws which technically are the same thing. I've found that using doll joints works way better. They are thicker and already come is a built in washer. You can get them at hobby lobby for about 99 cents for a pack of 2. You can get them at any hobby lobby store or online....

No probs mate.....why not start your own thread so we can see your updates more easily
Yes when you plastidip, it will cover most mistakes that you may have made, it's surprising how much better it looks once you start adding colour too.
I only plasti-dipped my helmet, the rest of my suit was 5 coats of pva, 2 primer and 2 colour...seemed to do the trick for me

I never really contimpleted making my own forum, guess its a bit late now, how did you paint yours? like seperating the gold from the red?

It's never too late to start your own thread Phil, that way your posts won't get lost in a thread as popular as this one...as to the painting i sprayed my suit gold first...then masked it off and sprayed it red....that way the lines come out lots cleaner i found.

With the helmet i just separated the face plate to make it easier, then sprayed each part individually

It's never too late to start your own thread Phil, that way your posts won't get lost in a thread as popular as this one...as to the painting i sprayed my suit gold first...then masked it off and sprayed it red....that way the lines come out lots cleaner i found.

With the helmet i just separated the face plate to make it easier, then sprayed each part individually

Ah i might start one soon then, i will have to get some better photos up soon. does the gold undercoat not affect the red on top?

Aha just realised your only from Retford, Better not be coming out in Mansfield around the halloween time, that would be awkward!

I don't really do much with the joints. I will look around for something this time around cause I know a lot of people don't like those. I don't really notice them on anyone's suit when it's all painted up though.

I figure though, if you do enough layers of the PVA and then a few layers of straight PVA, I would assume the PVA would fille those gaps?

Hey stealth i done the test with the filler and more straight pva glue. The pva didnt fill the gaps really but the filler done a great job i only done it quick and it does help with the lines that people dont like! so this is the stuff i used its called polycell flexible gap polyfilla. Just use it with a skeleton gun down the line you wanna fill then use a baseball card to smooth it off and its dry in an hour. It is cheap, quick and easy and gives a good result. I put it directly onto the foam and then pva,plastidip, prime and paint. Im a pretty fussy guy and im happy with it so hope it helps when people ask you.

First want to say thanks to stealth, Dancin Fool, AND Juice for posting the files. I'm almost done with my suit in time for Halloween. I tried using the chicago screws but found them to thin and small, so i bought some doll joints from hobby lobby and to be honest they work allot better.

Would you be able to show exactly which parts of the brace are "exposed"? Also, it would be a good idea for someone to post pics of exactly where the front, back, abs, etc should be properly connected to each other for accuracy. When I was looking to attach my chest and back pieces which I still havent done yet, I found that the pieces fit together like 3 different ways. It would be great to get a pep file of a full suit for this. Im sure it would answer a lot of questions..

In Pepakura Designer, you can import files (File - Import File (*PDO)) to view a whole bunch at the same time. That's how i've been working out positioning of the chest, brace, collar and back. I have noticed that the foam templates for the back and chest occupy the same place though, so you have to have the original robo files to view them in their correct positions.

Great pointers and tips on this thread! On average, how long does it take to paint an entire suit? I'm simply going to use the PVA, primer, paint method. I figure number of layers will determine part of the painting time.

By the way, if you're looking for an inexpensive, simple LED light for the chest (at least for the Mark 6), try the Sylvania "DOT-it". It fits well in the triangular chest compartment and provides good light. I got mine at a local home improvement store

i sliced the bottom of my hand open lol, for the abs not sure if anyone answered but i glued my abs and cod together. not sure your size but i was able to just slip into it.

Great pointers and tips on this thread! On average, how long does it take to paint an entire suit? I'm simply going to use the PVA, primer, paint method. I figure number of layers will determine part of the painting time.

By the way, if you're looking for an inexpensive, simple LED light for the chest (at least for the Mark 6), try the Sylvania "DOT-it". It fits well in the triangular chest compartment and provides good light. I got mine at a local home improvement store

I ordered mine a few days, but I was worried it would be too small or too big. Sounds like I made the right choice!:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back