Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

quick question, how many people are using the brace for the chest and back, also how is the chest being attached to the back, ive noticed that there is supposed to be a gap between the two pieces

IMO the brace and collar plates add another layer to the overall effect, and I think generally the more layers, the better the look. I'm not just talking layers of armor pieces, I would include painting, weathering, the lights and sound effects...all layers in the overall final product. I include this philosophy in anything I create really.

But you dont have to make the entire brace, just the parts that are visible. I've seen some people make the entire thing and attach the abs to it, which seemed like a good idea depending on your build.

Here's how I did it and attached my chest:

Kxn0e.jpg

I permanently affixed the back of the brace to the inside of the back piece. The 2 parts of the back that come over are velcro'd onto the collar plates. I only did that really for ease of rondo-ing and painting.

And as far as attaching the chest to back, I'm pretty sure this is basically the same way Stealth does it in the tutorial. Ran the clip from the collar plate, but I had to modify it slightly to get the chest to line up right. One side is permanently attached at bottom, and clip on the other side.

cb1aA.jpg

Hope I helped!

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

does any one have any of the foam peices from this pep file completed they wanna sell???

i wanna have a suit done for halloween but defintly cnat finish on my own .. thanx all

they dont need to be painted at all either rather they be bare but any way works !!

IMO the brace and collar plates add another layer to the overall effect, and I think generally the more layers, the better the look. I'm not just talking layers of armor pieces, I would include painting, weathering, the lights and sound effects...all layers in the overall final product. I include this philosophy in anything I create really.

But you dont have to make the entire brace, just the parts that are visible. I've seen some people make the entire thing and attach the abs to it, which seemed like a good idea depending on your build.

Here's how I did it and attached my chest:

Kxn0e.jpg

I permanently affixed the back of the brace to the inside of the back piece. The 2 parts of the back that come over are velcro'd onto the collar plates. I only did that really for ease of rondo-ing and painting.

And as far as attaching the chest to back, I'm pretty sure this is basically the same way Stealth does it in the tutorial. Ran the clip from the collar plate, but I had to modify it slightly to get the chest to line up right. One side is permanently attached at bottom, and clip on the other side.

cb1aA.jpg

Hope I helped!

Would you be able to show exactly which parts of the brace are "exposed"? Also, it would be a good idea for someone to post pics of exactly where the front, back, abs, etc should be properly connected to each other for accuracy. When I was looking to attach my chest and back pieces which I still havent done yet, I found that the pieces fit together like 3 different ways. It would be great to get a pep file of a full suit for this. Im sure it would answer a lot of questions..

Last edited:

Would you be able to show exactly which parts of the brace are "exposed"? Also, it would be a good idea for someone to post pics of exactly where the front, back, abs, etc should be properly connected to each other for accuracy. When I was looking to attach my chest and back pieces which I still havent done yet, I found that the pieces fit together like 3 different ways. It would be great to get a pep file of a full suit for this. Im sure it would answer a lot of questions..

This would be infinitely helpful, this is the only reason I haven't attached the back and chest yet.

Thanks alot for posting these you guys are all a massive help to beginners like myself.
legend!!!

@Devin

I made my codpiece bathroom friendly with small strips of velcro. I left the groin plate connected to the bottom piece, and put a piece of velcro on the left and right sides. It works perfectly so far (I have yet to paint and fully assemble). I've sat down and jogged a little to test and it's holding up well. I'm also considering sticking a small pocket in the front for my ID and cash when I bar hop. There seems like an easy access spot despite how it may look reaching in my crotch.

thanks thats a big help. your a star.

Sorry to sound nebbish although I had a
Try on a full
MK VI already, but, why do all other foam mkvis which use your files have line details on the chest. But the files I dowoaded here have no line details on the chest? Am
I missing out something?

Sorry to sound nebbish although I had a
Try on a full
MK VI already, but, why do all other foam mkvis which use your files have line details on the chest. But the files I dowoaded here have no line details on the chest? Am
I missing out something?

why don't you just etch those in with a pen or something that will engrave intro the foam like a soldering iron tip. So that way, they will still show up after you seal and paint

You need to be a little creative . You can't really on pep all the time.

This would be infinitely helpful, this is the only reason I haven't attached the back and chest yet.

It would be helpful for not only the chest/back but also the collar plates, brace, front abs, side/back abs, and cod piece..

Anyone?

Pretty please?

With sugar on top??

:confused

yes twice actually! your videos have helped me and others tremendously, thank you so much for them!

What I was referreing to though I can best explain in the below pictures. First example is the front right shoulder area. there are multiple places to connect the pieces but nothing says/shows which is correct. I put a pic below; is A, B, or C correct? maybe none of them are? Same goes for multiple other parts on the body/torso. Collar plates are another one. what do they mount to? should I glue these to the neck pieces? under? over? to the side? This could be a "SUIT UP! PART 2" video idea!!

chesttoback_zps480b7b20.jpg

CollartoNeck_zps5742a6a5.jpg

thanks so much for the help man!!

Ant

In regards to the neck, I just tucked mine underneath.

as for the torso. I think I did B

you're doing fine

Last edited:

In regards to the neck, I just tucked mine underneath.

as for the torso. I think I did B

you're doing fine

That's exactly how i did my suit too, i wanted to keep things as simple as possible with it being my first project

Great! That helps a lot! What about the collar plates? Also I dont think I want to build the whole brace, but just the exposed pieces of it. Anyone got a pic showing what on the brace is exposed after the suits all together? Thx you guys have been great!

Ant

Great! That helps a lot! What about the collar plates? Also I dont think I want to build the whole brace, but just the exposed pieces of it. Anyone got a pic showing what on the brace is exposed after the suits all together? Thx you guys have been great!

Ant

I never built the brace for mine as my mark VI was rushed that being said, I will build that thing again though one day.
I have come to respect the mark 6 a lot since it had double duty in IM2 and Avengers and I will build it better next time around and add parts like the brace because it has the spine section at the top which I was missing on my back section

i sont think its b because the collar piece is not there . the connection piece between the chest and back is supposed to be the collar

@Devin

I made my codpiece bathroom friendly with small strips of velcro. I left the groin plate connected to the bottom piece, and put a piece of velcro on the left and right sides. It works perfectly so far (I have yet to paint and fully assemble). I've sat down and jogged a little to test and it's holding up well. I'm also considering sticking a small pocket in the front for my ID and cash when I bar hop. There seems like an easy access spot despite how it may look reaching in my crotch.

Hm, yeah that sounds like about the most logical solution, fur sure. Thanks for the tip! Yeah I was planning on putting in some little tray-type pocket things in the thigh pieces that would pull out for phone and wallet access, or inside the thigh wall like jayjayn did.

@fyreant

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, lotta workin over the weekend...
As far as the brace, this part is probably all you really need, at the base of of the neck:

77gk7.jpg

You can see what I have of the front portion of the brace in the other pic I posted. There are also plenty of people that dont do the brace, thats cool too. The only people that would notice are here hehe

I agree with omarbou1, the collar is kinda the bridge between the chest and back. Again, not many people would notice, so whatever works for ya. B is definitely the closest. You can see in my next pic that the chest and back pieces aren't actually attached.

KRCMS.jpg

Got some paint laid down on a few pieces. My sanding of the rondo shell was god awful, but hopefully the new stuff I bought will be easier to sand. My dremel skills are also not what they once were...be sure to PRACTICE ON TEST PIECES. Cause, uh...yeah...I think once I do the weathering and blackwash and all that, I can hide most of the imperfections as battle damage. I just really wanted to see something on it painted to give me a boost, ykno?

ah, there we go.

That's probably the only piece of the brace you only really need
The top of the spine

Thanks for posting Devin
77gk7.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back