Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Looks great bro! Now slap some paint on it.

Thanks mate ! Means a lot from someone as talented as you :)
I'll do the seal/paint when I'll have some time/money though.

And plus, I still don't really know how to process exactly, i don't want to mess it up just because i'm dying to see it painted :lol

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Sup guys, Im just playing around with my first attempt at anything like this, what do you guys use to get the template onto the foam? Ive been tracing them onto thermal paper and then using a deodorant stick to transfer it to the foam (technique for getting stencils onto peoples skin for tattoos), is there a better way?

Sup guys, Im just playing around with my first attempt at anything like this, what do you guys use to get the template onto the foam? Ive been tracing them onto thermal paper and then using a deodorant stick to transfer it to the foam (technique for getting stencils onto peoples skin for tattoos), is there a better way?

I don't know how other guys proceed, but I actually print the templates on paper, cut them, and then draw them on the foam. Then cut the foam template and glue them following the 3D model.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

I attempted that ironman helmet for my first Test" build, it turned out too small (probably could fit a childs head) and is rough as guts, i used camping mat which is about 8mm thick. i also bought some 4mm eva, would this be easier to use? also, any tips on getting the joins clean? am i supose to cut the foam in on an angle? also is there an easy way to trim this stuff? im a total noob to this, i literally stumbled across this website by chance a few days back, before that i never knew anything like this existed! before i attempt my next build i want to get a better idea of what im doing so i can make a nice clean build so any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. another thing, when i went to print out the pepakura a box popped up telling me my printer wasnt set to the same size and asked me if i wanted it to re-scale. could this be why the helmet was too small? i have a normal sized head!

that's was soooo cute hehehe..:cool:lol especially the cod piece went to the wrong way...:behave

6297151121_82fd0f509e_z.jpg

6297151259_e0ee29ab34_z.jpg

but very cool ..PICTORIAL..kip it up(y)love

I appreciate that this may be something of a loaded question... but how do you guys go about achieving the "battle damaged" look on foam armour??

I appreciate that this may be something of a loaded question... but how do you guys go about achieving the "battle damaged" look on foam armour??

soldering iron/wood burning tool and some silver rub n buff

Thanks, Jowe. Sounds difficult :)

Started the bottom half today. Feet-up...

Yo guys! Whats the ideal scale for the thighs and shins for someone 5'7/5'8?

Yo guys! Whats the ideal scale for the thighs and shins for someone 5'7/5'8?

For the thigh, I used a scale factor of 24.7. In order to fit me, I had to cut approx. 3/8" - 1/2" off the top all around and about 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom where the shin meets the thigh. If I didn't cut off the top, the top of the thigh would have been too close to the cod piece. I also had to extend the width of the thigh approx 1/2" - 3/4" in order to fit (too tight).

I'm 5'8" 186 lbs.

Thanks man! Your suit looks great!

Merry Christmas from Foam Man!

lookin good Stevie!! Not telling you to stop posting in here, but why not make your own build thread?

lookin good Stevie!! Not telling you to stop posting in here, but why not make your own build thread?

Cheers, Jowe.

I would, but haven't been a member long enough, so i can't. simple as that really :)

that's pretty fricken sick Stevie!

that's pretty fricken sick Stevie!

Thanks dude. I've given the top half 3 coats of PVA, but still to do the legs and feet. The PVA part really has to be the most boring bit so far :lol

Not sure what to do about painting it. just used regular primer so far, so i can see where needs work. As for plastidip... i might just leave it for a while and think about whether to use it.

Thanks dude. I've given the top half 3 coats of PVA, but still to do the legs and feet. The PVA part really has to be the most boring bit so far :lol

Not sure what to do about painting it. just used regular primer so far, so i can see where needs work. As for plastidip... i might just leave it for a while and think about whether to use it.

Hey Stevie, the suit looks great! I'm going to be starting my build soon, and I'm most concerned about the paint. Does the PVA take away the "orange peel" texture of the foam once you apply a few coats? Also, what does the plastidip do once it's on top of the PVA? It is just another layer for strengthening, or more of a primer?

Sorry for all the questions :p I figured you would be a good person to ask since you're about ready to paint :)

Thanks! And nice work!!

Hey Stevie, the suit looks great! I'm going to be starting my build soon, and I'm most concerned about the paint. Does the PVA take away the "orange peel" texture of the foam once you apply a few coats? Also, what does the plastidip do once it's on top of the PVA? It is just another layer for strengthening, or more of a primer?

Sorry for all the questions :p I figured you would be a good person to ask since you're about ready to paint :)

Thanks! And nice work!!

Hey, thanks a lot. as much as like to be able to answer all your questions, this is my first build and im coming up against these issues too. from what I've done so far, the pva takes away some of the foam texture, but nowhere near all of it (but it will depend on the type of foam. Im not sure, but doing a couple of coats of diluted glue MAY help this.

As for the plastidip... im yet to use it, but from what i can gather from available sources, it is just a "rubber" paint, which is more flexible and less likely to crack than regular paint paint/primer. so far I've used normal primer on top of pva and it hasn't cracked yet.. if any of the experienced boy wanna jump in and correct me, id be happy to hear the truth !

Sorry im not more help.

hey hey , just wanted to post my progress and btw give huge props and thanks to the guys behind the files

feet and gloves otw, and also hidden compartments for smokes :p and keys since I dont have any pockets.

Also havent connected everything to eachother yet (thighs+ shins ect), and some 2 mm foam goin on some under pants later to fill upp gaps between hip and thighs. ect

Thanks again robo stealth ect :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back