Definitive Clockwork Orange Costume

the boots he found are spot on they were either US paratrooper or RAF paratrooper boots that have a cap toe but no steel toe and a zipper up the side

the wig and Maskie look awesome Darren!

where did you get your blackthorne? i really want one

cheers
Ryan

In the military, these boots are referred to as "Jump Boots." Paratroopers of course wear them, but so do a lot of non-jumpers and they can be found at many military base clothing stores. If you are still in need of some, I may be able to help...I'm not in the military anymore, but I have some friends that still are. Some of us used to wear patent leather Jump Boots when we really wanted to look top notch. :love

The codpeice is finally taking shape.

ClockworkCod.jpg

I was thinking it would be funny to have a speaker system in it playing the film soundtrack on a loop.

for a little culture lesson
an Irish Black thorn cane is known as a Shillelagh (shi-LAY-la)

and along with being used as a walking stick, they were also used to beat people

and if you remember, Alex's had a knife in the handle

and a suggestion for the wig, teas it a bit, his hair has a bit of a curl to it
clockwork_orangdfbdgbe_4x3mtd_na-41.jpg

Well you're sort of right.
The Shillelagh historically is a different shape than a conventional walking stick.
The English banned the carrying of Shillelagh. So the Irish lengthened the Blackthorn and carried them as walking sticks or Bata stick which is Gaelic for fighting stick, as the English could not outlaw the carrying of a walking stick.
There's a system of Irish stick fighting.
I've Irish grandparents meself .

Last edited:
Cheers!
Here's a close up showing the mask and cuffs better

006-5.jpg

I'm still hopeful for a photoshoot using the existing original movie locations in the next couple of weeks.

Great costume....I got a alex costume as well and ill post pics soon or send u one if u like but i had a question. Where did u get the shirt? Also where and what kind of jacket are u wearing for your Joker costume?

Post it up Droogie! lets 'av a viddy.

My Alex shirt is a vintage western shirt with the collar removed and re-stitched. It has the front and back yoke and pointed pocket flaps like the movie one. Only thing it lacks is the 3 button cuff, mine only has two.

Off topic, but the Joker clothes were custom made. The shirt was from Kwally's run here on the RPF and the tie is IndyMagnoli's. There's a Joker costume thread somewhere on the boards.

Well you're sort of right.
The Shillelagh historically is a different shape than a conventional walking stick.
The English banned the carrying of Shillelagh. So the Irish lengthened the Blackthorn and carried them as walking sticks or Bata stick which is Gaelic for fighting stick, as the English could not outlaw the carrying of a walking stick.
There's a system of Irish stick fighting.
I've Irish grandparents meself .

ah well, good to know that one of my people are on this forum ^^

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it is gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It is like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

I've been making and selling these "bloody eyeball" accessories for the past few years.

BloodyEyeballs.jpg

PM me if you're in the market for a set.
Yes, I;m in the process of making an Alex Costume myself and slowly getting all the clothes and accessories together. I have ordered some eyes already, but those look great. I would very interested in purchasing some please. Do they sow on the shirt cuff? Are the eyes already attached to the white cloth? Do the eyes have a flat back?
Please tell me how much they are and I shall purchase a pair. I am living in Sydney , Australia so I guess you have to tell me how much shipping would be.
Thanks
Kind Regards Larry
Larrymur@au1.ibm.com
or lmurphy69@aapt.net.au
:)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back