Definitive Clockwork Orange Costume

I managed to pick up an Irish Blackthorn. The flash makes it look lighter than it really is.
What d'ya think?

ibt1.jpg

ibt2.jpg

i have been trying to get a quality Alex Costume since i saw the movie my freshamn year of Highschool in 99 and came close a few times but cant seem to find the cod piece as well lol. i assume that the cricket pants are still the standard cricket pants used today? but obviously the groin protection has changed? also his Boots are i believe either american or british paratrooper boots and have a Cap toe but no steel toe and also have a zipper up the side but i cant remember if they have the flap on them that covers the zipper on the top or not. when i did my costume the first couple times i used hot glue and a couple super bouncy balls and painted the balls to look like eyes then put some hot glue down and smooshed them into the glue added a bit more then painted the glue red

i dont no , i thought on that Geocities site they had pics of the boots because all "Jump" boots ive seen have Zippers on them even the fashion ones but i could be wrong. i think on the latest version of the dvd there is a documentary that has a bit more info on the wardrobe of the movie.

any one tryed making the Masky? from another doc or site i found out that they custom sculped it and also the cod piece was modified some to hold the masky and his tape and rubber gag balls as well

Haven't made much progress on this of late.
I did pick up a groin protector that is awaiting modification at the moment
This is the one I went for

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampro-Club-Abdo-Guard-Brand-New-Medium_W0QQitemZ180353508251QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Protective_Equipment?hash=item29fde8239b

I'm gonna add foam to the sides take off the understraping and then cover the whole thing in fabric, making sure to add the seam line curve over the front.
Was thinking of using a suade or suadette material. As for colour, not sure whether to go for an off white and then age it myself or go for a more beige colour. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm waiting for the wig to turn up in the next couple of days, I had it styled by a pretty talented styler so it should look fairly good. I hate wearing wigs, especially over a head full of Joker hair but considering most of it will be under a hat I think it'll be O.K.

that looks pretty spot on im wondering if they have that on american ebay ha are you going to pu a pocket in back of the protector for the rubber balls and taper?

that looks pretty spot on im wondering if they have that on american ebay ha are you going to pu a pocket in back of the protector for the rubber balls and taper?

The beauty of this one is that it actually has the hollow hard plastic "box" or "cup" in the groin area, which is perfect for holding Droogie type accoutrements.

I had a look on ebay US, the closest I could see was the Adidas Tae Kwon Do ones. They have quite a good shape but from the looks of it would need more foam added to match the movie one. But I can't tell if the groin area actually contains a re-enforced hollow cup.

Drop him a line over at ebay, see what he says. If they don't ship to the States and you can't find anything as good locally then let me know, and if you buy that one and have it sent to me over here I can ship it out to you.

My progress on this is snail pace at the moment. Which is annoying 'cause I really want it done soon.

So after being a bit dissappointed with the way I had a wig styled by someone else, I bought another one and did it myself. Never done it before, quite happy with the results. I took a hell of a lot off.

004-12.jpg

Just waiting for these boots to turn up from the states
BiURUw2kKGrHqQOKioEsnzrjNqBLOTOB6Ig.jpg

Cod-peice is being finished. Need the mask painted and the bloddy eyeball cuffs made, which should be soon. Then it's out and about for a bit of the 'ol Ultraviolence.

Anybody else doing this? or perhaps thinking of Drooging it up?

for the boots maybe try Dr. Martins they are rly close i used to own a pair

the boots he found are spot on they were either US paratrooper or RAF paratrooper boots that have a cap toe but no steel toe and a zipper up the side

the wig and Maskie look awesome Darren!

where did you get your blackthorne? i really want one

cheers
Ryan

Thanks Ryan, best place for the Blackthorn is ebay uk. They can end a bit pricey though.

Here's a few picks of the work curently being done by an extremely talented friend of mine (I think he may be on the boards, not sure).

Eyeball cuff
droogcuff.jpg

Droog Maskie
droogmask.jpg

droogmask2.jpg

I think he's done an awesome job on the mask paint up.

I wasn't happy with my first cane so I looked around for another one.
Found a really nice Hazel stick. Just painted it to resemble the blackthorn.
I think it looks a lot closer.

Alexcane.jpg

004-13.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back