Limited Run Deadpool Costume MOVIE VERSION (collab with Yepiamzombie)

Re: Reynold's Deadpool version faceshield and full suit (collab with Yepiamzombie)

Awesome progress. Put me down for one of the finished products.

Cheers,

Re: Reynold's Deadpool version faceshield and full suit (collab with Yepiamzombie)

So as El Fett posted earlier, there are just a few items that he will not be including in the full suit so I wanted to share some of the items that I've either tracked down or purchased by way of other threads on the site or my own searching.

First off, the boots. The boots used on the hero suit (not the stunt suit) seem to be 5.11 Skyweight Side Zip boot linked below.
http://www.511tactical.com/skyweight-side-zip-boot.html
Now, I ended up finding a pair of 5.11 A.T.A.C 8" boots on eBay for pretty cheap. To me, they look similar enough that once the shin guards are in place, most people won't notice a difference. The boots seem to run a little big so you may want to go a half size down if you order some.

Second, the holsters/guns. Thanks to the "Deadpool movie research thread" , someone tracked down replica holsters on eBay which I will link below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEADPOOL-HO...977174?hash=item4d3b1904d6:g:aIEAAOSwcwhVK~g2

These need to be attached to a "Drop Leg panel". The hero suit uses a modified 5.11 Drop Leg Panel where they removed the top thigh strap. Linked below.
http://www.511tactical.com/thigh-rig.html

These fit pretty well for those with average sized legs, and maybe those with slightly slimmer legs. For you guys with big thighs I recommend Condor Drop Leg Panels. The don't tighten enough for guys with slimmer legs, but have PLENTY of room for bigger legs. Link Below.
http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Tactic...7099454&sr=8-4&keywords=condor+drop+leg+panel

The pistols used in the movie are Magnum Research Tungsten Desert Eagles. Now, I doubt anyone is willing to shell out over a grand per pistol for COMPLETE movie accuracy, and they probably wouldn't be con safe anyway, so you have a few options. I purchased a pair of solid black airsoft Desert Eagles which I will link, but RGriesbeck has an Interest thread for a 3D printed kit for the movie pistols.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Desert-Eagle-.50AE-Spring-Airsoft-Pistol/39818140

Gloves. Now El Fett mentioned the possibility of making gloves, but should that not happen I found a pair that could be modified and attached to another pair of gloves to achieve a "similar" look. As much searching as I have done, I haven't found anything that looks too screen accurate, and I'm sure the gloves were a custom job to begin with. Either way, here is a link that is an option.
http://fangear.epicsports.com/prod/95590/rapid-dominance-military-half-finger-riot-gloves.html

Boot dagger. Now you could always go the DIY route and make one out of EVA foam, or even wood. Both options would probably be "con safer" than what I found and purchased. I will still link the dagger I bought anyway because I feel it has the most accurate handle compared to the photos we've seen so far in the movie.
http://www.amazon.com/MTECH-USA-MT-...SA+MT-225+Fixed+Blade+Knife+11.5-Inch+Overall

I wanted to share this with you all per El Fett's request, just in case it helps any of you accessorize the suits once they are ready. Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Hey guys, I was doing some looking around and i am not so sure the 5.11 boots are what he is rocking in the movie. take a look at this picture...

2812E16500000578-3058222-image-a-3_1430171619729.jpg

if that pic is too small here is the link..
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/27/22/2812E16500000578-3058222-image-a-3_1430171619729.jpg

It appears his boot is like a 5 inch boot or so not a 8 inch that comes up high. it looks like it ends right at his ankle. Anyone else see this or have a better shot of the boots up close?

Hey guys, I was doing some looking around and i am not so sure the 5.11 boots are what he is rocking in the movie. take a look at this picture...

View attachment 554132

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/27/22/2812E16500000578-3058222-image-a-3_1430171619729.jpg

It appears his boot is like a 5 inch boot or so not a 8 inch that comes up high. it looks like it ends right at his ankle. Anyone else see this or have a better shot of the boots up close?
that is a photo of the stunt suit which used a 5 inch boot, I believe Nike's. The hero suit uses the 8 inch 5.11

View attachment 554132

Here is a photo of the stunt suit which shows the shorter style boot that you were referring to.
ryan-reynolds-goes-unmasked-for-new-deadpool-scenes-18.jpg
And then here is a photo of Reynolds in the Hero suit which has the 8 inch 5.11 boot on.
ryan-reynolds-goes-unmasked-for-new-deadpool-scenes-04.jpg

Ahh yes i see. Wonder why they didnt just use the 5.11 boots for everything. Maybe quality or comfort was an issue. Will be interesting to see if you can spot those differences in the movie when it comes out. Also the leg blade sheath looks rather large and possibly not fabric? Has anyone come out with molded or possibly 3D printed boot pieces?

Ahh yes i see. Wonder why they didnt just use the 5.11 boots for everything. Maybe quality or comfort was an issue. Will be interesting to see if you can spot those differences in the movie when it comes out. Also the leg blade sheath looks rather large and possibly not fabric? Has anyone come out with molded or possibly 3D printed boot pieces?
Just from my experience wearing the 5.11 A.T.A.C boot they are very heavy. I believe the Skyweight boot that is used in the movie is supposed to be lighter, but they aren't super comfortable either. Also, if you take a close look at the shin blade in the two photos I posted above, on the stunt suit the entire sheath and blade is all one molded piece because it doesn't need to be functional. On the hero suit it is an actual blade and sheath. A for the boot pieces and shin guards, I'm not sure if El Fett is in the planning process for those just yet since he is still working on the fabric texture and mask.

Wow. Great attention to detail. You can clearly see the differences in the two pieces. guess it makes sense that in a stunt suit you dont want the blade just falling out when you are rolling around. I have a really good local airsoft shop here and they will do custom builds from time to time. Might see if they can make the Magnum Research .50AE XIX version for me. There seem to be a few different models this particular one for the movie has ridges on the barrel of the gun but not under where a lower mount would be. The pic that Magnum Research has on their site for the Tungsten color looks much darker than the screen shots and pics from the movie. Could be they might have sanded or aged them a bit for the movie to make them look "Used" not some new off the shelf gun.
Handling-giant-gun.jpgLooks-like-were-some-rooftop-action.jpgdownload.jpgMagnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-Pistol-in-Cerakote-Tungsten-600x385.jpg

Wow. Great attention to detail. You can clearly see the differences in the two pieces. guess it makes sense that in a stunt suit you dont want the blade just falling out when you are rolling around. I have a really good local airsoft shop here and they will do custom builds from time to time. Might see if they can make the Magnum Research .50AE XIX version for me. There seem to be a few different models this particular one for the movie has ridges on the barrel of the gun but not under where a lower mount would be. The pic that Magnum Research has on their site for the Tungsten color looks much darker than the screen shots and pics from the movie. Could be they might have sanded or aged them a bit for the movie to make them look "Used" not some new off the shelf gun.
View attachment 554192View attachment 554193View attachment 554194View attachment 554195

Oh that's awesome! If they end up being able to duplicate the movie gun let me know please. You are definitely correct that the gun appears lighter and slightly more silver in many of the pictures than the tungsten one. Keep in mind that filters can always be added to a photo that will effect color, as well as lighting, angle, etc. But I have no doubt in my mind that no matter what color gun they actually used, that they weathered it.

Quick update for everyone. New shell prototype is done and shape-wise it looks great. Size-wise I think it's a little bigger than what most people will need so we're keeping the version for taller folks but there needs to be something in the middle, and that's what we're currently working on. Here's the comparison to the first prototype mask so you can have a size and shape reference:

15%2B-%2B1

Amongst the new improvements are: the shape, size, amount of space between the eye details, which are also being refined and casted separately, instead of being trimmed out from the shell like before. That will allow for more detail around the stitch lines.

15%2B-%2B1

Here is what it looks like wrapped in a spare, damaged mask I had here.

15%2B-%2B5

That's all for now amigos. I'm still trying to work something out with the screen printer but so far our conversations have been promising. He's putting together some final numbers for me. But even if we can't work out a deal, the fabric looks pretty great with the treatment we are giving it. And it won't rub off or fade because we found the right additive to make the pattern stick properly. This is a fully finished mask (with the old shell) that I sent out yesterday.

15%2B-%2B8

15%2B-%2B7

I can even go heavier if you want the pattern even more visible but I didn't want to over do it on this since time was of the essence for the buyer.

I should have a pretty cool update to share with the new finished shell set and as we move forward with the rest of the garment's patterns.

Thanks,

-FN

Wow guys, this is looking very nice. awesome job on everything i know its a process.

I had a question about the area around the eyes. The black section of the eye where it meets the red fabric has a line around the eyes but does not look like stitching. It looks like is actually like a cut in the mold and the fabric is somehow glued or sucked down into it. Not sure if i am describing it correctly but for example if you look at the stitching that goes from the front to the back of the mask actually looks sewn. But around the eyes it looks like it is suppose to give the look of stitching but might not be. Does this make sense?
S2sL7qf.jpgryan-reynolds-shoots-deadpool-after-hit-run-accident-02.jpg

So im working on a cheaper alternative gun. I found some that are nearly identical to what is used on screen but the cost is about $180-$200 per gun. Granted most of these are real metal and are c02 with real gas blowback some people dont have $400.00 to blow on two toy guns. That being said i think i found something that is close and relatively inexpensive. It will need some weathering and some modification to the top of the barrel to get all the groves of the .50AE XIX model they only cost around $40 a piece and are 1:1 replica in size. Also starting with silver rather than black i can use some acrylic or some of my special automotive paints to give it a Tungsten / Gunmetal type finish. Here is a link if anyone is interested. Once i get mine and modify them ill take some pics and report my findings. Might be willing to start a run and buy a bulk load of guns and mod them for the users here if there is enough interest.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-desert-eagle-50-chrome-ebb-pistol.html

UPDATE TIME!!! I just spoke with El Fett and have some REALLY exciting news to share with you all. So as some of you may have seen in earlier posts, El Fett had created a face shell for the costume, but it required some pretty extensive trimming for the eye pieces and modifying of the shell. The prototype shell also wasn't as screen accurate as what we are going for. Well he is now on Version 3 of the face shell and lenses. The lenses are now separate molds which will completely remove the need for trimming them out of the shell. Here are a few photos of the raw casts pulled from the mold.
12304313_10153096418316114_2022711479009979066_o.jpg12319775_10153096454961114_378960815_n.jpg12332997_10153096454946114_395020822_o.jpg
These are MUCH more screen accurate and will make final assembly of the shell much easier. Again these are raw casts. He has even mentioned a possibility of doing different eye pieces for different expressions, but that decision has not been finalized.
He is currently on the way to pick of a pull of the Version 3 face shell so I don't have pictures of that just yet, but he has mentioned that the face shape is much closer and more accurate to the movie and will fit very nicely on most people's noggins.
We both appreciate everyone's patience with this project. We will also have an update soon in regards to the fabric and what process we will be using for the mesh pattern.

Interested in a finished suit pending final product/photos

So yeah...this came out gorgeous :)

Final patterns are being drawn up. Almost all the pieces are in place now. Full suit is a reality.

12345474_10153112731296114_3210348334964734291_n.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back