Limited Run Deadpool Costume MOVIE VERSION (collab with Yepiamzombie)

Re: Ryan reynold's deadpool version under-shell and full suit

Here's a shot of the Deadpool shell kit, raw and assembled. Both are available now for anyone interested. They are $200 and $250, respectively. Master mold is getting some final tweaks before doing the final masks and at that point shells will be available at the pricing listed in the original post ($50 higher). Any questions, feel free to shoot me a message or email at el.fett.projects@gmail.com

12112305_10153034287316114_241500115937579780_n.jpg

12141583_10153034287361114_7439580638763475221_n.jpg

12106915_10153034287381114_8881291170599148650_n.jpg

12108221_10153034287406114_444112086164168447_n.jpg

1467183_10153034287441114_1536190371977809416_n.jpg

Any word on the fabric? Did you finalize the texture and everything you were looking for? I'm still interested in purchasing some yards of just the fabric if you would sell.

Any word on the fabric? Did you finalize the texture and everything you were looking for? I'm still interested in purchasing some yards of just the fabric if you would sell.

Getting very close! Tests are looking super promising and I LOVE the fabric we're going with. It's nice and thick yet breathable and most importantly, stretchy.

That is awesome! But i wanna know where the eff can i get that reverse flash suit?

It is starting to look awesome . Can't wait for the finished suit.

I am totally in. This has been my plan for Halloween 2016 and have been trying to start sourcing parts and pieces. So happy I found this thread. Awesome work guys. Honestly cannot wait.

asked earlier I know,but are you going to be selling just the fabric also? I would be interested in the mask done by you, but my wife's a seamstress and she would kill me if I had someone else sew something for me...and since its not an off the rack fabric you could sell some to" the do it yourselfers." Again stated earlier your stuff is excellent!!!! but my wife WOULD kill me.
keep us posted
chris

asked earlier I know,but are you going to be selling just the fabric also? I would be interested in the mask done by you, but my wife's a seamstress and she would kill me if I had someone else sew something for me...and since its not an off the rack fabric you could sell some to" the do it yourselfers." Again stated earlier your stuff is excellent!!!! but my wife WOULD kill me.
keep us posted
chris
Hey bondoking! I know El Fett has been super busy with commissions and working on the Deadpool costume so I wanted to try and field your question from the last time I spoke with him. They have the fabric that they are planning on using which as you've seen in the photos is incredibly close to what was used on the suit. In the photos above El Fett was patterning the fabric himself, I believe using a stencil of his own design, which was a very laborious process. He is looking into other potential options to make it easier to pattern the fabric which I believe is why he hasn't been able to get back to you yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey @bondoking! I know El Fett has been super busy with commissions and working on the Deadpool costume so I wanted to try and field your question from the last time I spoke with him. They have the fabric that they are planning on using which as you've seen in the photos is incredibly close to what was used on the suit. In the photos above El Fett was patterning the fabric himself, I believe using a stencil of his own design, which was a very laborious process. He is looking into other potential options to make it easier to pattern the fabric which I believe is why he hasn't been able to get back to you yet.

Thank you @yepimazombie for stepping in once again to update the good folks of the RPF for me. Honestly, I don't know how the kids do it these days with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube and all the countless other social media apps, to keep their content current. Feels like you almost need a full time person on task doing that while someone else actually works on said "content." That being said, I've decided to accept @yepimazombie 's very kind offer to step in and be that person. He has been a collaborator from the start and even pretty much "executive produced" the first mold and fabric swatch hunt by helping with research and very valuable notes. He has also been a big cheerleader and believer for this project from the start, which helps me keep wanting to step up to make the very best product I possibly can for fans like him and you guys. He's already financially and emotionally committed to the project so I am in constant communication with him as to where things are at and every time I hit a milestone. For that reason I've given him clearance to update you guys here on my behalf as well, in the event that I am not able to right away which is happening a lot lately due to being extremely swamped with various projects in addition to the Deadpool suit. So there is no confusion and since this has been a collaboration from the start, I am putting his name in the thread name so you guys know his updates and contributions on here are as official as my own, being updates, accessory leads or how he'll make the very first suit his own in terms of personal flare (which may help with inspiration and valuable knowledge, discussions and notes). Anything order related will still go through me though, just so there's no confusion there.

Some of you may already know me from other projects or my detailing and assembly work on Spider-Man suits so this has been a fun departure project and something that is challenging and fun. A true learning experience much like Spider-Man suits were for me all those years ago. It takes a lot of R&D and trial and error to get it right but I'm happy to announce we're getting closer in terms of fabrics, materials and the patterns themselves as well as the new and improved V.1 shell which I have some sneak pics exclusively for you guys of.

This is the first Prototype shell you guys saw:

12196091_10153046695821114_5154919180699052899_n.jpg

Although originally intended to be permanently installed into the custom patterned mask, I modified and made them into "universal kits" that could be worn under any mask.

12043104_10153044622576114_3264580401628978683_n.jpg

11227043_10153044701401114_8975113735656471097_n.jpg

We noticed several things that needed to be adjusted on the master mold to make it more screen accurate, user-friendly and comfortable for the wearer. So I prepped and sold the remaining prototypes as assembled kits to help fund the materials to make a new master and pulls. The first shell still looked nice and made for a nice shell kit conversion though, this is how it looks on one of the buyer's Dye Sub suit

12193521_10207779270504350_2705186326393282616_n.jpg

12196360_10207780148886309_4113819504030872255_n.jpg

Pretty cool but we're shooting for screen accurate so on to the new mold's adjustments. The chin needed to be brought down a bit more to give that elongated Ryan Reynold's look as well as bring in the eye ornament's a little closer together. We are now casting those separately as well, instead of xacto-ing them out of the shell which resulted in being very time consuming and not too user friendly for inexperienced people that were interested in buying a kit to assemble themselves. Hence why I ended up pretty much assembling all of them even though they were paying for a "raw" set. So here's a sneak pic at the new mold's progress.

15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B1

You can expect an actual pull update from myself or @yepimazombie by the end of the week. Should be an exciting one :)

No as far as the fabric goes, that alone has been a beast in of itself. First attempts, although promising were also too time consuming and not exactly replicable as desired and although it's nice that everyone would end up getting a unique suit, the fabric still needs to pass a few quality control standards we set out for ourselves. So as yepimazombie mentioned, I am currently trying to secure a deal to have my fabric custom screen printed by a local vendor I found, instead of going the stencil route. If that proves to be feasible both financially and in terms of the fabric weight I need to be passed through their setup, then the suits and masks will be even closer to the real deal. Our tests alone looked amazing and I'm sure we can still get an insanely accurate finish going the stencil route but I do hope I am able to get the screen printing done so I can actually sell fabric as well since it's something a couple of you have already asked me about a couple times.

15%2B-%2B1

Last update is regarding what the suit wil include, or not include rather, we have decided the full suit will consist of the mask, jacket/pants, belts, blade holsters, chest holsters, shin guards and quite possibly the gloves unless we end up finding a good source that we end up using for those as well as the boots that you can go to yourselves or choose to have us buy for you and include. The weapons and gun holsters will not be included because those are easier found online or locally and shipping internationally would be a problem with those included in the package. Ballpark final price is still hovering at around the $2200 to $2500 mark depending on what I'm able to negotiate with my screen printing vendor or to that effect, how time consuming it ends up being to have to manually stencil and seal all the fabric. So stay tuned for more exciting updates and thank you all for keeping the interest going and helping us bring this project to life.

-EL FETT

Last edited:
Re: Reynold's Deadpool version faceshield and full suit (collab with Yepiamzombie)

Well, I'm excited! Appreciate the huge update! Already have my boots and gun holsters ready!

Re: Reynold's Deadpool version faceshield and full suit (collab with Yepiamzombie)

thanks for the great update! keep up the amazing work

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back