Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead)

thanks guys just checkin' :) i cant find the trucker anywhere where i can buy it over here (for a decent price) so i think trying to find a vest or something and sew on sleeves is abit of a better option for me!

damn you Robertsonick....*buys figure*

Yeah, I love latching onto a character and getting their stuff but I try not to replicate perfectly, I always want to do my own thing with it. It's fun researching the minutiae but it's more fun putting it through your own prism.

Good :) now we're figure buddies.

Hey Feezle, you had your knife refinished - has it become discoloured at all?
I'm so over waiting for this sheath to get made, I've still got like a month until it rocks up, apparently. Bogus.

Does Daryl carry a lighter??

N.

How hard was it to replace the sleeves on the trucker jacket? I have a jacket I wouldn't mind taking the sleeves off of. Anyone have a link to the correct style Trucker? I've found a few but I'm not terribly sure if they are the correct colour.

Sorry, I haven't been in here for a while. The sleeves are not hard to replace. What is difficult is finding the trucker and then finding a leather jacket with similar sleeves in a size that will fit on the other jacket.

Not trying to jack your thread but I thought I'd let everyone know that I just picked up this old dirty blue Levi corduroy trucker jacket. It seems pretty similar to the season 2 jacket to me. Let me know if I can provide any info about it to anyone.

photo.JPG

does anyone know what the boots are
that daryl wears

Red Wing 877 - Heritage Boot Line

$_12.JPG

Red Wing 10877 - Work Boot Line

0000044632000.jpg

A few years ago (~2012?) Red Wing decided to bring back the brick red color of the original 877 boots from when they were introduced in the '50's, so the current more tan color (Oro-iginal leather) became the 10877 "work boot" with black eyelets. The new 877 from the Heritage boot line is a little more red (Oro-legacy leather) with nickel eyelets. The heritage version also does not have the Red Wing logo embossed on the side.

I believe Daryl's boots are an older version of the Heritage 877 because he has no embossed logo, nickel eyelets, but the tan leather (granted they have been to hell and back).

Last edited:
I just love getting to a thread super late, but i have a few questions I really hope you answer, what backpack did you get to use as the camo one from S3, and who stripped your Busse coating, what did you ask of them, and what's the catch? (Voids the warranty?) thanks!!

Hey guys can anyone give me ideas of what to add to my halloween costume of daryl dixon. You guys seem to have it nailed!

I am wearing his poncho, have a knife with sheath, boots, grey jeans, ripped flannel, belt, a rope with a squirrel pelt, might get a airsoft handgun with holster... Can't really think of anything else. Any ideas on how to make a quiver that would look like one he has? Also I am making a crossbow out of wood. Should suffice. Thanks all feedback appreciated!

The 2 most important Daryl items... the vest and the crossbow.

I am wearing the poncho over the sleeveless flannel to save money because I can't buy jacket. :( I have the walking dead poncho from spencers. Do you know if darly has a hand gun. I can buy airsoft pistol with holster for 10 bucks on craigslist. Thanks!

No need for a jacket. Just the vest. ;)

Daryl has used a Colt Official Police revolver a handful of times, but I wouldn't bother with a gun at all.

Budgets are where costumes are made or broken. Sometimes they work, sometimes they're spot on, and sometimes they're failed attempts.

What do you guys suggest for making his blue quiver out of? Thanks for the feedback pinder. I ordered a jacket online and going to stitch on some goldish fabric to make the wings. I look vaguely like daryl so hopefully it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

what should I wear under the vest? I was thinking a red sleeveless flannel. Any other suggestions or color choices? Would black boots work for daryl or no? Brown belt fine?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back