Darth Vader saber parts

Re: Dart Vader Saber parts

I'm surprised anyone got a response from Blasttech at all. I'd purchased from them in the past and was always pleased with the quality of their parts and their service. My last inquiry to what parts they had left in stock went completely unanswered. I was in need of some blaster parts and was considering even purchasing on of their completed display models. Eventually I sourced the individual parts elsewhere.

I know they are folding, at least based on everything I've heard floating around the forums. Communication is key in hobbies like these. I know Parks is very inconsistent with his replies as well. His product was always good, but I was lucky if I ever got a response from him. I don't know what's so hard about sending a quick e-mail or phone call. Especially when you already have someone's hard earned money. Is it really too much to ask for? I think not.

Sadly it seems that parts like these are getting to be harder to come by. Perhaps new people will offer these parts as the new trilogy hits theaters and there is a resurgence.in interest for Star Wars.

I just tried to place an order through Parks, BUT he charges 69 USD for shipping *drumroll please*...
3 MPP shrouds to germany?????

Markus

I would like to think shipping is so much because the sabers and parts are probably made overseas not just to make a few extra bucks...especially since the times on the website say 6-8 weeks, but in checkout it says 8-12 weeks...*le sigh*.

That being said, I'm probably going to buy an entire MPP and a clamp(possibly a shroud), for my ANH heiland to MPP "conversion". Shipping is better stateside(of course)...

I would like to think shipping is so much because the sabers and parts are probably made overseas not just to make a few extra bucks...especially since the times on the website say 6-8 weeks, but in checkout it says 8-12 weeks...*le sigh*.

That being said, I'm probably going to buy an entire MPP and a clamp(possibly a shroud), for my ANH heiland to MPP "conversion". Shipping is better stateside(of course)...

Out of curiosity...why do you want to convert an inaccurate Heiland into an inaccurate DV saber using accurate MPP parts INSTEAD of simply using the MPP itself, now that you decided to buy a full flashgun!?

Markus

Lol, I have an ANH converted heiland already. I want an ESB that I would buy the full flash for. I would like to for lack of better a term, make the heiland look more like an mpp. It already has the one step shroud, the tube has the more oval shaped slots, i would like to use parks clamp on it and I want the extra shroud as a backup.

I do need a "coin edge" bottom though and I have been contemplating/hunting a two cell flash for that purpose.

I hope this makes more sense now. Lol, maybe it just makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Okay, I managed to get a smooth, even coat of semi-gloss, or a duller black on the bare clamp. I also re-ground the sidebar blocks with a dremel so they were even. It looks better now.

Hi all,

Maybe I can help. I have now several saber parts available (unlimited run). Brand new T-track profile for example, freshly produced and in stock. Very accurate! Can any of you tell me what is the required length of the track for the various vader grips? Thanks.

Roy

Roy, I like your stuff! New parts producer, haven't seen you around before, any story?

Also, +1 on the grips and the kobold clips. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back