Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

DasHHat, do you have any images of what hinge method you used on cod & ABS before I go any futher?

Each of the ab pieces is connected together using a piece of elastic (100%) upholstery strapping bar one which is for the buckle. All glued using a hot glue gun.

I am now going to body fill and paint each piece before I connect each of the rings together along the pieces vertically with another strap of elastic connected at each end to the cod and brace so they are held in place as at the moment they do allow for excellent movement (I bent down and picked something up :p), but the top ones fall down over the lower sections.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Hope this helped :)

Thanks, I can see what you mean now. Still working helmet but so far its looking symetrical lol

I apologize in advance for any terseness in the reply below; I've spent at least 8 hours today putting together parts of my suit, and I'm pretty exhausted.

First, let me thank you again darkside for the huge work you've put into these templates, and for the hard work by jackie, ironmaided and IronManLeo for creating the foam templates.

Today was a long day of making paper prototypes to test out scale before I start cutting into the foam I bought. I put together a few chests and forearms making sure I had the dimensions right. For the most part, things went well and I have a pretty good idea of the sizes I need. Things went together easy, until...

I started on the back.

To be blunt, the back is a complete and total nightmare. I've been going crazy with the litany of tiny pieces that just go together to form big ones. I'm really nervous about trying to convert it to foam; way more so than with anything else.

Are there any plans for making a simplified back? Is it possible that the v2 files resolve some of this? It truly is black eye on an otherwise brilliant brilliant piece of modeling.

Also, I tried joining edges together in Pepakura Designer, and either I'm too stupid to get it to work or the edges can't be joined on a lot of the pieces.

Hey there, thanks for appriciating my work. Sorry that the back is too complicated. ;) When I made this I didn't think about people not wanting to do the flaps. When I release the V2 files I will make one with the flaps and one without the flaps. Also, there seems to be a pretty big concensus that you all would rather not have the panel lines in the pep file. So when I transfer the V2 model to pepakura I will leave out the panel lines. I will also make a simplified abs/midsection file for those that would rather not be so flexible.

Each of the ab pieces is connected together using a piece of elastic (100%) upholstery strapping bar one which is for the buckle. All glued using a hot glue gun.

I am now going to body fill and paint each piece before I connect each of the rings together along the pieces vertically with another strap of elastic connected at each end to the cod and brace so they are held in place as at the moment they do allow for excellent movement (I bent down and picked something up :p), but the top ones fall down over the lower sections.

Hope this helped :)

I can't wait to see how this piece turns out... that is pretty much how I had imagined putting it together so I am excited to see someone actually doing it. I am glad to hear that you have increased mobility. I would really like to see a video of you wearing it and demonstrating the mobility that can be achieved from this design.

The biceps seems to be an area of concern so I will make sure to address it in the V2 files.

What did you do for the Collar Piece? Darkside didnt make one, did he???

I did not get around to making the collar piece. It is so simple that it can be made from scrap materials easier than it would be to pep it. For example if you are using foam it is supper simple and if yiou are doing a hard suit you can use Sintra and it would be equally as simple.

Hi all I'm going to use Darkside501st's files to get a start on my own iron man suit I've been planning on making. I just have no idea how to scale. I'm 5'11" and about 190 lbs can someone help me out? Thanks :) also thank you darkside501st you made this so much easier for me! :D

Hi all I'm going to use Darkside501st's files to get a start on my own iron man suit I've been planning on making. I just have no idea how to scale. I'm 5'11" and about 190 lbs can someone help me out? Thanks :) also thank you darkside501st you made this so much easier for me! :D

For what it's worth; there's no easy rule there. Your torso and legs can differ than those of another person who's 5' 11" and 190lbs.

As an example, I'll share my scaling so far. I'm 6' 3" and 215lbs. Most of my height is in my legs (36" inseam). I scaled the chest and back from 23 to 24, which seemed to fit pretty well. Part of me is considering a 25, but it may be a bit too big. My arms are longer than average for my height, and I think my biceps are around the 15 or 16 inch circumference mark. I scaled the arms from the stock 21.7 to 23, and that seemed to fit reasonably well.

My advice to you is to print things off on cheapo paper first, cut them and tape them to see if the scaling is correct for your body.

Wait a month or so for darksides v2 files. You'll save time in the long run as they are easier to build, more accurate and you can get the materials you need for the project and watch stealths videos on youtube on how to build the whole thing in the mean time. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

a MONTH or so !?!?

3 weeks ago he said 1 month.

lol

:cry :cry :cry
Respect michael he have nice family and this goes forward :) im sure he have it done in the next time :) and his work wehre be again amazing.

a MONTH or so !?!?

3 weeks ago he said 1 month.

lol

:cry :cry :cry

I think this comment is unnecessary. I would love the files too, but he's under no obligation to provide anyone anything. I believe he's providing these files without getting anything in return from any of us here. He's doing us all a favor, and has already done us a huge favor by releasing the v1 files.

As of last night I've downloaded all of these files including the extra boot and Sharkmark's helmet files to start a foam build for my 8yr old.

I haven't started yet, and probably won't for a little while, but I would like to thank everyone who has been involved with putting together these files, be it 3D construction, unfolding or foam conversion, for all their work but especially Darkside. Not only for the time and effort he has pumped into this project, but also for managing to collect and store everything that is required for a build within the one thread to cut down search time for everyone. He could have easily sat back and said "I haven't done a helmet yet, and you can just wait until I do" but instead he has offered us options outside of his own work, and even linked to them to make everyone's life that little bit easier.

Above and beyond the call mate and I thank you.

I think this comment is unnecessary. I would love the files too, but he's under no obligation to provide anyone anything. I believe he's providing these files without getting anything in return from any of us here. He's doing us all a favor, and has already done us a huge favor by releasing the v1 QUOTE]

I totally agree with ya mizuno:thumbsup

I think this comment is unnecessary. I would love the files too, but he's under no obligation to provide anyone anything. I believe he's providing these files without getting anything in return from any of us here. He's doing us all a favor, and has already done us a huge favor by releasing the v1

I totally agree with ya mizuno:thumbsup
*fixed

Quote: "(the last 5 people)"

NOW, who's comments are unnessesary!?

Nice work darkside, i mean no offense to YOU.

I know how busy you've been.

As for the REST of you, take a chill pill. Just because there's no New files to play with, doesnt give you the right to start attacking people.

Come on guys we have all been waiting for the V2 files but its no point getting stressed over them and attacking each other. This man (Darkside)is a genius in my book and i dont care how long it takes him.
And to be honest i think we should "ALL" be paying for these files or even a donation when they arrive for the thanks and hard work he has put in

Come on guys we have all been waiting for the V2 files but its no point getting stressed over them and attacking each other. This man (Darkside)is a genius in my book and i dont care how long it takes him.
And to be honest i think we should "ALL" be paying for these files or even a donation when they arrive for the thanks and hard work he has put in

Exactly. He's doing us all a favor.

This man (Darkside)is a genius in my book

He really is xD To get this forum back on track id like to say that I have some awesome progress on the abs and their an plates. I'll be posting the pics a bit later as I aim to spend the next 3 hours or so getting them all bending and stretching properly.
Your files may be incredibly hard to build darkside501st, but parts like these abs ate pretty much genius. Once id done some sketches of them and the best way to articulate them it came together so well. Well done :p
I doubt I'll build much of the V2 files unfortunately, as I'm already tired of body filling and sanding etc. I'll definitely be looking them all over though, marvelling at how they fit together and being jealous of the lucky buggers that get to make it xD

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

Yawn.. Boring.

Here, i'll be the mature one and help you get back on the correct Thread-Track:

Since Darkside's doing the one from the movie, I've started work on the Concept Back of The Mark 7.

Mine may not be a nice as his would've (had he made it instead of me) cuz he's so damn Modelling-Gifted... but that's not gonna stop me from attempting it.

backconcept.jpg

Progress:
conceptback2.jpg

clip1f.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back