Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Image pg 124!

Has anyone unfolded the

MK VII Neck by EyeofSauron.pdo

for paper / card stock....i know the foam one is unfolded but has any one unfolded the paper version yet....i can't find anywhere...thanks....

Yes, would be great if someone had this.! and maybe in DIN A4 .pdf would be nice :D

I just finished the first thigh!

This piece gave me some shivers but with thicker paper that went easier. All those grooves can be a nightmare. Under 200gsm it's worst than that :p

Three pieces to go: thigh 2, boot 2 and glove 2 :D

Attachments

• thigh5.jpg
    thigh5.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 288
  • thigh6.jpg
    thigh6.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 342
  • thigh7.jpg
    thigh7.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 185
  • thigh8.jpg
    thigh8.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 159

This piece gave me some shivers but with thicker paper that went easier. All those grooves can be a nightmare. Under 200gsm it's worst than that :p

Looks awsome man yeh those bits are a major pin in the butt but looks so good

Looks amazing. Cant wait to finish my helmet and start with the rest. Only now i have to learn how pepakura works with scaling and everything. Not so easy i think.

Thanks mates! So I took pictures of the leg, seems more impressive like that! :D

Attachments

• leg1.jpg
    leg1.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 253
  • leg2.jpg
    leg2.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 201
  • leg3.jpg
    leg3.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 212

Dear Dark side,

Is it possible to get a helmet lay out in letter with a scale of 88, or is there a way to adjust so I can print in A4 format to letter settings?
This would be much appreciated.

Hey guys.
One little question to you, cause I don't really catch how it works. My head's circumference is about 62 cm (~24,5") and I'm not sure which version of MK VII helmet will be correct for me. Please, give me some advices. As I see, you can somehow check it on helmet tester but have no idea what numbers like .95, .98, .1 means. What kind of scale is it? I tried to go through the whole topic but as far I didn't find anything helpful. Can you explain it to me, please?

Build the Helmet Tester .1 and try it out... if it's too big, try the .98 and if it's too small, try one bigger... that's what i did... hope it helps... :)

Hey guys.
One little question to you, cause I don't really catch how it works. My head's circumference is about 62 cm (~24,5") and I'm not sure which version of MK VII helmet will be correct for me. Please, give me some advices. As I see, you can somehow check it on helmet tester but have no idea what numbers like .95, .98, .1 means. What kind of scale is it? I tried to go through the whole topic but as far I didn't find anything helpful. Can you explain it to me, please?

Make sure you have Pepakura Designer. Then find the Diameter of your head in mm(not the circumference), which should be 197mm. Then open the tester helmet and click on 2D Menu, then Change Scale, then Scale Factor. Then put the diameter of your head in the "Width" option. This will give you the scale, which should be 1.03. Build the tester helmet to make sure it's the right size, then download the MK VII helmet in that scale. I'd hate to offend you here, but are you sure that's your head's circumference? 1.03 is a pretty big scale, but that is the right scale for 62cm.

Really nice work! Any idea how many hours it took you to achieve this result?

Congrats!

Thanks a lot, now I see how it works. Haven't worked with pepakura designer yet, just viewer only.
I checked my circumference again more accurately and it's about 60 cm- I'm quite tall guy .
I've just finished assembling 1.0 scale model and realised that it fits me perfectly, but it seems that I wouldn't be able to get my head into when it's stiff. Now paper is quite movable which is quite helpful. Anyway I don't want too huge helmet cause it looks ugly.
I think I will build scale 1.0 and then just cut it a little at the bottom to make more room.
Well, tommorow I'm going to build 1.05 test just to see how it looks like. I will let you know about everything. Thanks again :).

If it fits. Use that one, the helmet needs to be cut on the bottom back side and magnet to connect them after you put your head in the helmet. The helmet should not fit over your head as one piece. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot, now I see how it works. Haven't worked with pepakura designer yet, just viewer only.
I checked my circumference again more accurately and it's about 60 cm- I'm quite tall guy .
I've just finished assembling 1.0 scale model and realised that it fits me perfectly, but it seems that I wouldn't be able to get my head into when it's stiff. Now paper is quite movable which is quite helpful. Anyway I don't want too huge helmet cause it looks ugly.
I think I will build scale 1.0 and then just cut it a little at the bottom to make more room.
Well, tommorow I'm going to build 1.05 test just to see how it looks like. I will let you know about everything. Thanks again :).

With 60cm, the scale of 1.00 should work. But, you may want to build one slightly larger so you have room for fibreglass/electronics/comfort. :D

Well I've finally started being able to get some color on some bits, so I know there are many way better, Darkside's awesome work's helped me do this, paper eyes and earpods temporary :)

IMAG0382.jpg IMAG0381.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back