Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

I wanted to send out a special thanks to Benf for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get 2 months early access to the V2 files.

Hy Darkside501sts!!!!!

I have a few questions:
The MKVII V2 foam files are pwd protected right? So i cant scale them!
Youll do the helmet scaling for me right?
what will you need to do that?
ive seen the diff. scales on your thread and my height is 187cm (lean body type) so i would need the scale 6'1" - 6'2" for my suit.
for the helmet idk; i made the 0.95 helmet of you out of paper just as a test and that thing is a lot smaller than my head.
the primeter of my head is about 62cm
Are that useful dates for you?
can y make sthg out of that or do you need more details?

Sry for all that questions but its the 1st time for me to be in a forum or to build such a foam suite and i want to make everything right.
If youll need any other information let me know

ill send some pics of my build (my friend is going to build war machine similar to me) and of his build as soon as we are ready!

and again really THX for making this thread its great to see all those people doing sthg useful with their time!

Hy Darkside501sts!!!!!

I have a few questions:
The MKVII V2 foam files are pwd protected right? So i cant scale them!
Youll do the helmet scaling for me right?
what will you need to do that?
ive seen the diff. scales on your thread and my height is 187cm (lean body type) so i would need the scale 6'1" - 6'2" for my suit.
for the helmet idk; i made the 0.95 helmet of you out of paper just as a test and that thing is a lot smaller than my head.
the primeter of my head is about 62cm
Are that useful dates for you?
can y make sthg out of that or do you need more details?

Sry for all that questions but its the 1st time for me to be in a forum or to build such a foam suite and i want to make everything right.
If youll need any other information let me know

ill send some pics of my build (my friend is going to build war machine similar to me) and of his build as soon as we are ready!

and again really THX for making this thread its great to see all those people doing sthg useful with their time!

You can download sharkmark's tester helmet (on the first post) you can scale that to find out what size you need then let dark side know and he'll upload that size in the mkVII

That is correct. I will upload the scale you request but I cannot figure out what scale you need. That is pretty much impossible for me to do.

The best thing to do, as Benf said, is build a few tester helmets to figure out what scale is best for you. That being said, with a head circumference of about 24.5" (62cm) you will probably want to look at about a .97 scale.

If the scale you need is not already uploaded on the skydrive (link in the first post) then make a post to let me know what scale you need. I also need to know if you need it on A4 or Letter and whether you want it for Foam or Pepakura.

Does anyone have suggestions how to connect the abs? The rings and the plates.

Hello very good works, wonderful, I have a question measure 1,69 cm 5 ' 6 " more or less that climbs must put for the armor? Or for every piece have I to change the scale?
PD: sorry in the page one put 5,5-5,6 scale 23-23,5?

Last edited:

That is correct. I will upload the scale you request but I cannot figure out what scale you need. That is pretty much impossible for me to do.

The best thing to do, as Benf said, is build a few tester helmets to figure out what scale is best for you. That being said, with a head circumference of about 24.5" (62cm) you will probably want to look at about a .97 scale.

If the scale you need is not already uploaded on the skydrive (link in the first post) then make a post to let me know what scale you need. I also need to know if you need it on A4 or Letter and whether you want it for Foam or Pepakura.

OK Man THX alot!!!!

Ill let you know what size fits on my head after ive done a few tester helmets.

Hey Guys i have another question on the right scale of the suit:
Im about 183cm tall (6,135inch) so the right scale should be between 26 - 26.5 as told on the 1st page in the scale chart.
Does that mean that ill have to change each foam file(MKVII) in the pepakura designer to 26 to keep the proportions right?
I think ill have to do that but im not 100% sure so i want to hear your opinions on that topic

THX Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello very good works, wonderful, I have a question measure 1,69 cm 5 ' 6 " more or less that climbs must put for the armor? Or for every piece have I to change the scale?

A .05 increase is pretty big. At least 1 cm increase in height, depth and width. Though that doesn't sound like much overall it adds a great increase in the volume of your helmet. When I did mine, a .05 increase made the difference between too small and just right. Check the measurements again on the actual models and estimated measurements on the 3D models. Maybe you accidentally printed the .95 model twice.

Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Hey darkside. I did the 1.0 helmet you had in the files. Wondering if you could take a look at my thread and tell me if I'll need to do a larger scale or not. Thanks.

Hey Darkside, I've built both your 0.95 and 1.0, how come I feel like they're the same exact size.... do the measurements only differ by a few mms?

The one on the left is 0.95, one on the right is 1.0

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2mpc5dk.jpg

Well, I just double checked and they are different. You can see that in the final assembled size measurements listed on each one. Here is a pic:

I can not say why they are coming out the same size for you... unless when you print it displays a message that says "the print size doesn't match the paper size. Do you want to adjust?" If you click yes then it will resize the parts. That is the only thing I can think of.

Yes, you have to change the scale on every part. Use the measurement tool to double check each part to make sure it will fit your body... don't just print them all out at 23.5 and assume they will fit.

Hey Guys i have another question on the right scale of the suit:
Im about 183cm tall (6,135inch) so the right scale should be between 26 - 26.5 as told on the 1st page in the scale chart.
Does that mean that ill have to change each foam file(MKVII) in the pepakura designer to 26 to keep the proportions right?
I think ill have to do that but im not 100% sure so i want to hear your opinions on that topic

THX Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is your base scale. You will start with that scale for all your parts then you should double check each part using the measurement tool to make sure that they will fit the appropriate body parts. Try to stay close to the base scale to retain the correct proportions.

Hey darkside. I did the 1.0 helmet you had in the files. Wondering if you could take a look at my thread and tell me if I'll need to do a larger scale or not. Thanks.

Sure I will take a look.

ok thank you very much, I'll try to see how it goes, and if I have questions I ask around here =)

I wanted to say thanks to NecroLycan for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get 2 months early access to the V2 files.

Well I thought it was time to join in on the fun. Just want to say thanks to everyone from the RPF for all the help with tips tricks hints etc. It took me awhile to read thru all the posts in this thread and many, many others :eek

Now I thought I'd also show my first Foam build. It'll take me much longer to get the rest done since I'm only able to work on it for a day or two a week due to work...and the other half :cry

Well hope I post these right and they are not to big or small. :facepalm

DSCN1464_zps8696f65b.jpg

DSCN1463_zps84b1ee64.jpg

DSCN1462_zpsdbb2f40d.jpg

DSCN1461_zpse31b2e41.jpg

DSCN1460_zps2a46f174.jpg

DSCN1459_zps0d16105a.jpg

DSCN1458_zpsbd0b6e18.jpg

Well I thought it was time to join in on the fun. Just want to say thanks to everyone from the RPF for all the help with tips tricks hints etc. It took me awhile to read thru all the posts in this thread and many, many others :eek

Now I thought I'd also show my first Foam build. It'll take me much longer to get the rest done since I'm only able to work on it for a day or two a week due to work...and the other half :cry

Well hope I post these right and they are not to big or small. :facepalm

Looking pretty good. Keep up the good work. Also, if you haven't read through DocHoliday78's thread yet on his foam finishing techniques then you should go take a look.

the RPF - auriusdeguia's Album: Ironman costume half part

just want to share my work..

thanks to
Darkside.. Stealth.. eyeofsauron.. :lol

That looks good.... not the Mk VII though. :p

Just a request for the helmet files at 1.05 scale on letter size paper. Thanks

I will try to get that up for you today.

Looking pretty good. Keep up the good work. Also, if you haven't read through DocHoliday78's thread yet on his foam finishing techniques then you should go take a look.

Yeah I've went thru it and I've also been going over Xrobots and Stealths YouTube channels, and other posts from "Clan Iron Man" :lol which are very helpful. I think I'm going to follow a more simple way for this first build with Stealths low cost method so I won't get over my head with things. Once I get this one done and see the pros an cons, I can try and out do myself later with perhaps a MK 8 or other suits. :lol

Popped back for an update. I'd stopped when i heard there was MK2 coming out & i found the elbow bits tricky & had slowed my desire LOL.

Got this far though.
IMG_4894_zps59389b5f.jpg

Really cool!!!!
Where can I download the neck????

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back