Da Vinci Code Cryptex

<div class='quotetop'>(LastODJedi @ May 18 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1246266[/snapback]</div>
They're selling on eBay for 30-50 bucks right now. I may pick one up.
[/b]

Keep in mind that it is one of the mini ones. It's not the accurate movie-sized version.

<div class='quotetop'>(synasp @ May 18 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1246254[/snapback]</div>
Wow, great pics of it taken apart. The tube is hollow, right?
[/b]

Yep. The tube is completely hollow. And another warning to anyone taking it apart: They must have used a whole bucket of grease on the inner workings, so be careful not to stain your clothes and such.

There are photos of the full scale version on Noble web site, but I don't know if it is a prototype or an actual prop from the film.

<div class='quotetop'>(docholl @ May 18 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1246391[/snapback]</div>
There are photos of the full scale version on Noble web site, but I don't know if it is a prototype or an actual prop from the film.
[/b]

I believe its the actual prop thats on the site

So do we all think the dials on the full size replica will be plastic as well? It would be too bad if they go cheap on the full size by putting in plain plastic dials...

-Bryan

I think Noble Collection will do what exactly what's in the picture on their website, and make the dials look marble. It would be false advertising if they didn't, since that's what's in the picture. If they are plastic, then someone on the board can make some gypsum resin recastings of these with the marble effect, to make the prop to be more realistic.
I don't see why anyone would want one of the mini ones, unless they buy a full version as well.

I concur with RelicMaker, as the photos on their site also attest to this, the mini having unmarbelized rings, like people got, the larger having them.

<div class='quotetop'>(RelicMaker @ May 19 2006, 05:01 AM) [snapback]1246772[/snapback]</div>
I think Noble Collection will do what exactly what's in the picture on their website, and make the dials look marble. It would be false advertising if they didn't, since that's what's in the picture. If they are plastic, then someone on the board can make some gypsum resin recastings of these with the marble effect, to make the prop to be more realistic.
I don't see why anyone would want one of the mini ones, unless they buy a full version as well.
[/b]

All they need is a little disclaimer stating "final product may vary" and they can make the dials look however they please.

[/quote]

All they need is a little disclaimer stating "final product may vary" and they can make the dials look however they please.
[/quote]

Which is what I was getting at (thank you). How many times have we seen replicas or statues for sale that are protos and not the final version?

Bryan

What is Noble thinking by not having the full version ship until August? By then, I'll probably have lost interest, if I could have one here now (or next week), I'd be all over it.

Maybe I'll just be happy with a mini from eBay....

<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ May 20 2006, 07:12 AM) [snapback]1247397[/snapback]</div>
I agree, JD....I think A LOT of people will lose interest especially after seeing this stinker of a movie...whew.

:thumbsdown [/b]

I enjoyed it and the theater was packed. I think it's no where near your typical popcorn flick for most folks to "get it."

Regardless of movie reviews and personal opinions, Noble missed the boat - these things should be available now, to cash in on the movie.

<<absolutely loved the movie too.... maybe it's a bit too wordy and intellectual for some (most people need explosions and fast editing to keep interest now... pah)

If i have the funds at the time I'll probably get myself one of these

I was about to order a noble collection one, but I realised that they don't ship until september 15....dammit, and yes, they do come with the box..... I'll just have to hold out 2 1/2 months.......

Don't forget these. Top shelf.

11%20Black%20Marble%20Box%20-%20Open%201%20-%20Resize.jpg

Andy

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back