D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

HR WAS in one of the future Vibes....

how tough would it be to get a robot from an alternate earth and use the face swapping thing to make it look like iris?
:)

Oooh, good point! Hadn't thought of that. I bet you're right.

IIRC, that'd mean, that Iris blurted out where Iris was hiand that Iris kissed what's-her-name the scientist and 'proposed' she stay with the team.

Also, didn't the previous 'vibe' of the scene show HR on top of the building with a gun, and not Joe?

IIRC, that'd mean, that Iris blurted out where Iris was hiand that Iris kissed what's-her-name the scientist and 'proposed' she stay with the team.

Also, didn't the previous 'vibe' of the scene show HR on top of the building with a gun, and not Joe?

Not if they switched when Barry was trying to fire at Savitar with the cannon (bazooka...silly name)

That could only happen with Wally in the loop most likely. I don't see enough time for one to get out there, explain the plan, show how to use the device, and the other to run out. Would have to occur before she was take you'd think.

Pretty sure, too, there was only one vibe showing anyone on the roof - HR. The others didn't show the roof bit. Guess we find out in a few hours.

It's take elephant sized cojones to actually kill her off.

especially since i think in other media, she doesn't die at all.

at least in the young justice series IIRC she's even seen with family allen alive and well.

that's the thing about this flash.

In the episode where Barry looses his memory, THAT is how i picture flash being. thanks to the wonderful portrayal of him in the justice league animated series.

all this death and drama doesn't really fit the character at all.

My wife and I are almost caught up on the series. We're about 1 episode behind (not counting the finale tonight). I know Iris dies in the next episode (well...for now...).

I have to say, while the start of the season was pretty entertaining, the Savitar thing has just grown tired. There have been several negative effects resulting from this storyline.

1. Yet another killer nasty speedster who also happens to have a mystery identity. Meh. I'm over this storyline. While it's nice to have Flash fight other speedsters (and appropriate, per the comic), we're at a point now where we're rapidly running out of enemy speedsters. We already did Thawne, Zoom, and Savitar. Who's left?! This story has gotten stale, especially in terms of "fridging" yet another person close to Barry. It's just not compelling anymore. It's old hat.

2. The tone of the series has shifted from the fun, upbeat show it started as to become a far more dour slog. This plagued Arrow's previous couple of seasons (although this season is a lot better). I could accept it on Arrow, because Arrow is a grittier, Batman-esque show. But the Flash really distinguished itself by being something different, and I really enjoyed it. This season, though, it's had the same effect on me that Arrow's near-perpetual glumness has: I stop giving a crap about what happens to the characters. Oh look. Barry/Oliver is sad again. Yawn.

3. The constant use of time travel is hurting the show. We already have a time-travel show in the form of Legends of Tomorrow, which is actually a lot of fun. We don't need another time travel show. Time travel, when it's used, should be something monumental, something truly special and, if not unique, at least extremely rare. Yet on this show, it's become standard practice.

4. The episode where Barry lost his memory, along with the musical episode, HEAVILY reminded me of what the show used to be like, and how far it's deviated from that. It makes returning to the current tone that much more of a bummer. It's not fun. And it simply doesn't need to be this way. In the comics, Barry Allen is fundamentally an optimist. Hell, when Blackest Night happened, he became a Blue Lantern -- the lanterns who embody hope. That's been sorely missing in the show lately.

5. After watching Agents of SHIELD this season, I have to say that I think 10-ish episode arcs are a much better way to go. They can be linked together, but they need to remain distinct. Having a single "big bad" all season long becomes a problem, because you end up having to do one of two things: either you do "monster of the week" episodes in between "story arc" episodes (which makes the "monster of the week" episodes feel pointless), or you have to draaaaaaaaaag out the plot by making the big bads ridiculously powerful, cunning, or capable. The thing is, this ends up getting to a point where it becomes inconceivable that the big bad could be beaten at all. If they're literally always one step ahead of you, if they can always anticipate your next move, and if you spend an entire freaking season trying to catch them and failing to do so, why the hell should whatever you come up with in the finale episode be the thing that actually works? Arrow has had the same problem this season with Prometheus. When you ascend your big bads to near-godhood, you make the ultimate resolution of the story feel contrived because so many other attempts have failed, so why should this one be any different? The problem there is that the plots seem to focus on the big bads being the problem, when what they ought to be doing is focusing on the main cast and their own internal problems as the true obstacle to success. Like, the hero needs to gain a new power, or resolve a conflict within themselves to defeat the seemingly omnipotent bad guy. And yet, it's always some external solution like the Speed Force Bazooka or whatever.

With shorter season arcs, you could present credible threats that don't elevate to the level of omnipotence/omniscience in order to somehow avoid from being caught for 22 episodes.

I actually think this is one of the things that Supergirl has handled best out of all of the Berlantiverse shows. They haven't focused on a single big bad for an entire season. Instead, it's been some monster-of-the-week, but more just about how the characters interact, with one threat eventually rising to the level that they're worthy of a finale (e.g., the Daxamites).

Anyway, I'm really hoping that next season will see an improvement. Arrow definitely improved this season from the previous ones and, while still serious, actually seems a bit more fun. Here's hoping The Flash can reclaim its own sense of fun.

Surely you are not saying you think Supergirl is better than Flash? Are you? Supergirl has gotten horrible! This whole last season has been utter crap. The finale last night wasn't so bad since it had Superman in it, however as usual there was just some really stupid stuff in it. Like, the way the entire world just all goes along with this duel between Supergirl and Mon-el's mom. Whoever wins the fight gets the planet.

Surely you are not saying you think Supergirl is better than Flash? Are you? Supergirl has gotten horrible! This whole last season has been utter crap. The finale last night wasn't so bad since it had Superman in it, however as usual there was just some really stupid stuff in it. Like, the way the entire world just all goes along with this duel between Supergirl and Mon-el's mom. Whoever wins the fight gets the planet.

supergirl was sadly terrible from the start. and it's a shame cause all the elements for a great show are there. it's just downed with so much baggage and bad writing.

don't forget the season one finale where everyone just magically accepts the martian like a bad fan fiction scene ;o)

Thank you Berlanti for making a show I waited every week to see and then destroying in one fell sweep all that I came to love about the show.

Kid Flash is cool but if that ending holds true then Seeya.

As Krangprime said " all this death and drama doesn't really fit the character at all. "

I find it totally unnecessary for heart brake and sadness to end every season. Then to ultimately end everything that way. " Oh Barry we made it were gonna get married, even the future newspaper said so. Oh wait I give up. It's the only way. Why didn't Kid flash if he wanted to see his sister happy do it. What was wrong with Jay Garrick. The speed force said it is time for Barry to rest? What is he 25?

The way this season finale ended it just made everything that happened from day one not worth a damn. No ones lives are better for it.
I find it hard to believe they will bring BA back in an y capacity or that whole individual goodbye to everyone at the end would have made no sense.

If that is the way it is now it is just pathetic to me. I stuck with, cheered and looked forward to this show. Barry is The Flash to me. Let the guy have some joy in his life. Instead you send him away. Nice.

If Barry is not coming back then that was the series finale for me.

Last edited:
SPOILERS

for some reason, flash decided to go all depressing at the end of season 2 and the characters have not been as much fun since.

depressing sisco is no fun at all and just another bland character.
I have NO idea why they thought caitlin getting powers would automatically turn her evil. She could have easily just become that good cold lady seen in Brave and the Bold, who's name i forget at the moment. it just felt like a cheap cop out to give her something fun to do.

Seeing Snart in action again was super fun. he's a bit of an over actor, in the way he pronounces things, but that is what gives him some style too.
He had some of the best lines in this season.

I HATED HR in the beginning. he was super annoying, super useless, and just another dumb character that i usually find pointless. but i found his arc to finding a purpose in life most interesting. and i can't say i didn't shed a tear when he died. whoever it was on here who guessed HOW they saved iris was spot on. Although I STILL don't know why they setup showing Earth Two Harry. otherwise useless except for a cool cameo. This is, what, the third 'version' of harrison wells who died?

I've still got three act breaks left in the finale that i'm saving for tommorow. but if what i've read ahead is true...i have a feeling i'm not going to like it.
This version of kid flash isn't a fun character at all to root for or like.

Caitlins comic character is evil. It was a forgone conclusion that at some point she'd turn evil.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

but for those of us who follow only the show, no one really caught on to that.

i also like how the future happened EXACTLY as it was shown in that first set of vibes. Joe Ducked Down and we saw HR on the roof. the ring was off. for the most part it all fit together nicely.

The future has been changed.

The news paper in future room changed....it was written in 2025 by Iris West-Allen, so, he apparently pops back out and gets married at some point. Unless there's a RL story out about him not being on the show next year, i think him being gone is jumping the gun a bit. I mean, they let us think Iris was dead for a whopping 60 seconds of screen time if that.

so, i'm assuming the ending ties up the headline of 'flash vanishes in crisis?'

Yet don't we know he gets out? there was that message from future barry on the time ship.

they must find some way to destroy the speed prison.

it was nice to see jay again even if he was just a foot note.

it was nice to see Caitlin keep her powers and not turn oddly evil just because.

defeating Zoom was a bit goofy, even if they didn't have cold powers last season.

all in all not too bad. i just hope the tone goes lighter next season.

- - - Updated - - -

The future has been changed.

The news paper in future room changed....it was written in 2025 by Iris West-Allen, so, he apparently pops back out and gets married at some point. Unless there's a RL story out about him not being on the show next year, i think him being gone is jumping the gun a bit. I mean, they let us think Iris was dead for a whopping 60 seconds of screen time if that.

edit - just re read that..... ok, never mind my first sentence :)

SEASON FINALE SPOILER POST

This is the second season finale in a row for The Flash that will have huge consequences... which will last for 2 episodes max. Here's the problem with trying to do Flashpoint on television: you have a contracted cast, and to try and do even one episode, let alone several, with a whole new cast (save for Barry) is incredibly expensive. So I will hand it to the writers when I say that they dealt with it very well given their logistical circumstances (a.k.a. how to make Flashpoint work on a tv show) but the point still stands that most of the "important" pieces were reset within the first 2 episodes of this past season.

It will be the same when October rolls around. Grant Gustin isn't off the show; it is extremely difficult for shows to lose the main protagonist and still maintain their viewers/ratings. We'll get Wally sporting the red suit, and glimpses of how everyone is managing without Barry around, and then Barry will be back somehow, likely in a way that will set the tone for what the team will have to deal with for the upcoming season. Rinse, repeat. Oh, and there will be some awkward tension when it comes time to decide how Wally will delineate himself from Barry now that they are both in red. What is so frustrating about cliffhanger endings like this is that the audience knows it is fake.

But let's give the good with the bad:
-I am glad Caitlin didn't just reset. I like Panabaker's Caitlin Snow, but now I am interested to see if/when/how she will return.
-I am glad it at least sound like "Harry" will be sticking around for a while. I was wondering if they were going to ask Tom Cavanagh to come up with a another version of Wells.
-The defeat of Savitar was satisfying (my opinion), and not what I would have predicted.

Here's what I'm hoping for next season:
-A central antagonist that is not a speedster.
-A well-thought-out explanation of how Barry has returned, that doesn't reek of "well, we needed our protagonist back, so..."

Looking forward to reading everyone else's thoughts once they have a chance to watch!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back