Crossover movies

... of course, this completely contradicts the whole "no such thing as aliens" thing in Firefly.

Easily explained: Between the secretiveness of the Yautja (Predators), the fact that there were often no survivors in a Xenomorph incident, the general public opinion on android life forms, and the fact that Weyland Yutani likely covered up everything they were involved in, the public at large back on Earth most likely had no knowledge of alien life.

Now, you factor that in with the idea that Firefly takes place in a single (albeit enormous) solar system, and the remnants of humanity in Firefly go on with their lives, blissfully unaware of the dark horrors that lurk on unexplored planets outside their 'Verse, because they (supposedly) don't have the tech for interstellar flight (other than the suspended animation from the Alien franchise or the cryogenic box in which River was smuggled in the beginning of the pilot for Firefly).

Last edited:
... of course, this completely contradicts the whole "no such thing as aliens" thing in Firefly.

Right. Xenos, Yautja and Engineers aren't the only other "alien" lifeforms in that particular universe. There is also Arcturian lifeforms, whatever those are.

But I think its cool the thought of being in the same universe.

Not movies but TV....

Sons of Anarchy and The Shield share the same black street gang (The One-Niners).

Kurt Sutter the creator/writer/showrunner of Sons of Anarchy was mentored by The Shield's creator Shawn Ryan. However I doubt they are in the same "universe" as there have been at least two of the main characters from The Shield who had roles in SoA. Kenneth Johnson appeared in seasons 3/4 as Herman Kozik, and Jay Karnes was in season 1 as Joshua Kohn.

Kurt Sutter the creator/writer/showrunner of Sons of Anarchy was mentored by The Shield's creator Shawn Ryan. However I doubt they are in the same "universe" as there have been at least two of the main characters from The Shield who had roles in SoA. Kenneth Johnson appeared in seasons 3/4 as Herman Kozik, and Jay Karnes was in season 1 as Joshua Kohn.

How do you explain the fact that the One-Niners appear in both shows?

Doc Savage and Remo Williams are in the same universe as Jake Speed. At least the book characters are, I'm not sure about the movies.

Wolf

Yep Battle of Serenity Valley, Weyland made the UA 57-D Ground Sentry Mal uses

tumblr_lvduyv06xl1qa1o5zo1_500.png

This was just the effects artists having fun, there's nothing to read into it.

How do you explain the fact that the One-Niners appear in both shows?

I was just giving a reason as to why I think they aren't in the same universe, but I could be wrong. If I had to guess why both gangs are named one-niners it's because Kurt Sutter was doing that as a sort of a nod to Shawn Ryan.

Like I said though, I could be wrong it's just the way I see it.

Aliens also has a tie to Angel. Weyland-Yutani happens to be one of the companies represented by Wolfram & Hart in Angel As seen in the Episode "Harm's Way."

Doctor Who, Torchwood, and the Sarah Jane Adventures. Would that count?

Also there was Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, and Justice League/Unlimited. Those have crossed over at one point or another, and are also a part of the same universe.

Magnum, PI, Simon and Simon and Murder She Wrote are all in the same Universe and all crossed over to Magnum. Also the original Hawaii 5-O is also in that Universe, since there is a reference to a retired 5-O cop named McGarrett referenced in a season 1 Show.

The films Jackie Brown and Out of Sight are both in the same universe. The films are both based on Elmore Leonard novels and feature some of the same characters, so directors Quentin Tarantino and Steven Soderbergh had Michael Keaton played the role of Ray Nicolette in both movies. The two movies even have a very similar visual style and score.

I always thought Soldier took place in the Aliens universe but the BR connection sounds better. I always like when film makers pay tribute to their favorite movies like this.

Well, Ridley Scott did leave some easter eggs that tie BR into Alien anyway (the screens for the Spinner takeoff sequence in the film were first seen in the Nostromo and the Narcissus in Alien). Also, I can't remember if it was BR2049 or Alien: Covenant, but I remember reading an about Easter Egg where Weyland's androids and Tyrell's replicants were compared by what is looked to be a journal entry of some sort. Also, in Alien: Covenant, David and Walter are fighting, when Dany stabs David in the neck with the nail, he mockingly says, "That's the spirit!" Looks like David may have hung out with Roy Batty for a short time. XD

For the game Alien: Isolation, you can come across an origami unicorn like the one seen in BR.

This was just the effects artists having fun, there's nothing to read into it.

To be fair, that's what most all of these "cross overs" are, doesn't make them any less awesome. There's no practical way that SOLDIER exists in a world with ALL the other movies it's referencing, it's just writers and visual artists paying homage and taking from fun and interesting sources. short of weird stuff like Quentin Tarentino explicitly stating all his movies are movies in the worlds of all his movies, or the "breakfast club world", it's all just folks nodding to what they've loved watching.

Still all awesome though.

Hawaii five-o ,Macgyver,Ncis(LA,NO),Jag all the same universe.On a side note,i always wanted Gibbs to meet his Gunny and have it beGunny Highway(heartbreak ridge)I'd also love to see a young Hetty(Ncis Los Angeles) spin off

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back