Complete Suicide Squad Jared Leto Cosplay

Drake022

Hi y'all. SO I'm new here and I figured I should start this thread to help out with my Suicide Squad Joker Cosplay and to keep track of progress and listen to suggestions and feedback and for reference for anyone else and all that good stuff :). Most people are going the easy route and doing the silver suit, or white suit version. However, I'm going to be doing the main one which is the shirtless with purple trench coat. It may be a pain in the neck, but I believe it to be the most Joker-ish one. I'm trying to look as close to 100% as possible including face wise. Heck, I might even actually take off my eyebrows.

So I guess this is a divider between the intro and actual content

Trench Coat
This is probably the hardest piece of the whole suit. Obviously it was completely custom made which sucks. I've found a couple of replicas online so I should be good there. Will update shortly.

Tattoos

I found a tutorial with all the images of the tattoos to be able to be printed on tattoo paper which i find awesome. The rest of the tutorial looks kinda awful though lol. Link below
http://www.halloweencostumes.com/bl...uicide-squad-cosplay-and-makeup-tutorial.aspx

Pants
Originally, I was just going to wear black dress pants, but seeing the new images at the DC Universe Exhibit, I'm not sure whether to stick with my original plan or go with the bright sparkly purple and orange pants found below
20160518_114017.jpg

Cane
Uhhhh I've got nothing so far

Makeup
Will come back to this as there is a lot to cover here

So I hope you guys can help me out here and reply and all that stuff. Will post again soon :)

So just saw these in next

http://www.next.co.uk/g31404s4?gcli...eIOhxtSvAGfFFU3zCJS4Dna599b3b5trNvRoC1_zw_wcB

They only go to 13years but you could get a pair and cut then in half I reckon they'd still reach to your knees and a bit so with the shorts you wouldn't notice.

The shorts are definitely a custom job go onto etsy and ask the people who've made harley shorts I'm sure they could make these.

For the boots get some military ones paint the eyelets and go online order a long strip of gold chain for the laces and some smiley face patched to glue on the front

Sent From The Batcave

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'm thinking about putting together a costume myself. I love the alligator jacket but the replicas I've seen, are just pictures from the movie.

So just saw these in next

http://www.next.co.uk/g31404s4?gcli...eIOhxtSvAGfFFU3zCJS4Dna599b3b5trNvRoC1_zw_wcB

They only go to 13years but you could get a pair and cut then in half I reckon they'd still reach to your knees and a bit so with the shorts you wouldn't notice.

The shorts are definitely a custom job go onto etsy and ask the people who've made harley shorts I'm sure they could make these.

For the boots get some military ones paint the eyelets and go online order a long strip of gold chain for the laces and some smiley face patched to glue on the front

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah those leggings look perfect. I'm only 16 anyways so it shouldn't be that hard to find a way to fit into these. Thanks :)

hey sounds good what ya got so far. I'm thinking about doing this to. I'm 15 so I might follow this post to keep up with your build. good luck.

Those look better than the ones I found. Good thing is they're already premeasured.

I have those same tats from etsy, I still do highly recommend resizing them to your body by using test prints on regular paper and laying them down onto your body to get a reference. If you can also very much recommend going with an airbrush for the base pale makeup and seal it with a dewy spray before applying your tats. look forward to seeing your progress
12219506_905995789491706_2770638102076958002_n.jpg12191898_901569636600988_9083248250521073312_n.jpg12190071_901570269934258_6221559148887795306_n.jpg

I have those same tats from etsy, I still do highly recommend resizing them to your body by using test prints on regular paper and laying them down onto your body to get a reference. If you can also very much recommend going with an airbrush for the base pale makeup and seal it with a dewy spray before applying your tats. look forward to seeing your progress
View attachment 627651View attachment 627653View attachment 627652

I thought about airbrushing but I figured that liquid makeup/paint gets really thick and you lose a lot of skin detail. So I'm most likely going to buy some of the Mehron Starblend Cake soon and do a test with it. I've heard that it's really easy to layer on. And I'm usually horrible with any kind of liquid makeup :p
1Rfg14m3IPvfI3458s4BIP7q8X8BEVwsYkDP9wwAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I first used Ben nye cake make up but its way to white, then I used the lightest pale liquid foundation with the cake make up and applied using a perfect brush it takes some getting use to since leto's makeup is less painted on and more pale white looking. airbrushing would allow the user to apply a uniform even white without worry of stroke texture and or overcaking it on

I first used Ben nye cake make up but its way to white, then I used the lightest pale liquid foundation with the cake make up and applied using a perfect brush it takes some getting use to since leto's makeup is less painted on and more pale white looking. airbrushing would allow the user to apply a uniform even white without worry of stroke texture and or overcaking it on

Yeah I see what you mean. You can tell his skin is intended to look bleached and not pure white.
viola-davis-reveals-details-about-the-joker-and-his-henchmen-in-suicide-squad-i-can-t-847814.jpg

That is a good price. I payed a lot more than that for just the materials for mine, then i had to pay labor to have it custom made.

We did a group costume that came out pretty good.
View attachment 634868
I think the best upgrades i can do for my joker are better tattoo files, a nicer cane, and drop 25 LBS.

Your coat looks great actually. I'm probably going to order mine within the next week or so. I'm having the biggest difficulty trying to cover my eyebrows.

Your coat looks great actually. I'm probably going to order mine within the next week or so. I'm having the biggest difficulty trying to cover my eyebrows.

IMO dont go with the glue stick method, get some foam latex brow covers, apply those first. spirit gum down your brow as flat as possible. lay your prosthetics down and glue the edges down, if you take your time the spirit gum should thin down your edges to make it pretty seamless. if you feel like any areas are bad or have a harsh edge using a stippling sponge and very lightly apply liquid latex to the edge but dont build up to much or you prosthetic will look heavy. after that powder your prosthetic and begin the base makeup.

IMO dont go with the glue stick method, get some foam latex brow covers, apply those first. spirit gum down your brow as flat as possible. lay your prosthetics down and glue the edges down, if you take your time the spirit gum should thin down your edges to make it pretty seamless. if you feel like any areas are bad or have a harsh edge using a stippling sponge and very lightly apply liquid latex to the edge but dont build up to much or you prosthetic will look heavy. after that powder your prosthetic and begin the base makeup.

Yeah the glue stick isnt working at all for me. Was looking around and also saw you could use wax and eyebrow sealer. Seems a lot cheaper than buying foam latex covers.

Snapchat-225351401392221385.jpgSo this is the result of me, some spirit gum, and about 10 pounds of concealer. I think it might've actually looked good if I had some powder and foundation.

Yeah I saw that coat. The good thing is it's the only one with the (assumed) correct pattern so far. With a little gloss to the coat and a replacement liner it might not be too bad.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back