Classic spider-man zentai modification & Scarlet Spider build

Re: Ultimate Spider-man Zentai modification

Nice thanks. Are you from Holland btw? your youtube vid sounded very dutch to me :p
Perhaps if we both order from Tjack we can split the shipmnt costs and i will send the lenses your way for free. Maybe an idea?

Greets,

Nice thanks. Are you from Holland btw? your youtube vid sounded very dutch to me :p
Perhaps if we both order from Tjack we can split the shipmnt costs and i will send the lenses your way for free. Maybe an idea?

Greets,

Nee ik ben een Belg, dus het klonk misschien wel wat Nederlands-achtig maar het was een west-vlaams dialect :) Dus samen bestellen zal al niet gaan vrees ik. Ik zag dat je al eens een paar hebt gekocht, op hoeveel euro kwam dat ongeveer neer met verzending inbegrepen?

Last edited:

Small update;

This the lens frame I sculpted for the classic suit to make a mould out of;
lens frame.png

I moved the back spider on the scarlet hoody a little more upward and to the right, the hood covers it a little bit but it doesn't really bother me. I like the asymmetrical look of it. What do you guys think? Right now it's still attached with pins but I'm going to permanently stitch it on soon.
Back spider hood on.png
back spider hood off.png
back spider hood off 2.png

Last edited:

According to the forum rules we should speak English mate ;)

the frames where $25, so like 20 euro's or something I guess. Without mesh added or lenses.

Oh okay, I didn't know that. 20 euro's is actually affordable. I'l look into it, thanks man.

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out what materials to use, where to buy them and exactly how I'm going to make a mould of this thing.
I've never done any moulding or casting before so I'm expecting to screw up a couple of times.
If anybody has any experience with that, tips are welcome.

I've been thinking about how I'm going to make the pods for the scarlet spider webshooters and belt. I've seen a lot of people use PVC pipes, which is probably the cheapest and lightest material to work with, but I don't really like how it looks. The holes on both ends of a pod just kind of ruin it and plugging them up looks sketchy.

This kid made his webshooters by using stuff he had from a nerf bullet belt, and these actually look pretty good, in my opinion. The fact his "pods" have some detail in them instead of being flat and generic make them interesting, even though it's not 100% accurate.
Scarlet spider costume updates 06-24-13 - YouTube

Last edited:
Did some stichting on the classic suit to make it a little tighter, the webs going from the chest to the arms don't match up perfectly anymore, but I'll see what I can correct with puff paint later on.

941181_10201493634926825_219646439_n.jpg

Apparently I have ADD, and started thinking about making a third costume. This one is going on hold until I finished either one of the other two though.
Schermafbeelding 2013-07-04 om 14.56.10.png

Ooh is that a comic symbiote ;) looks cool can't wait to see what you will do with them :) also I've been meaning to ask what material are you making the lenses out of? It's hard to tell from the photos. They look sick though bro!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm keeping busy.
The parts I'm holding up to my head as lenses are just paper now, I'm trying to get the shape and size right before I make them out of a permanent material. Eventually It'll be white mesh with hard but flexible frames, preferably casted out of a mould, like I'm going to do with the classic suit lenses. I made a clay sculpt for those, still looking into the moulding process though.

Schermafbeelding 2013-07-05 om 14.12.31.png
Sorry guys, I don't have a camera anymore so these laptop capture's will have to do for now.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2013-07-05 om 14.12.12.png
    Schermafbeelding 2013-07-05 om 14.12.12.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Correct I was at antwerpen con. With me movie style suit ! Dont know if im going both days because of work but sunday for sure hopefully we meet (6)

Re: Classic spider-man zentai modification & Scarlet Spider build

Kudos on the zentai approach, im working on a classic zentai spidey myself and this is great inspiration. Im getting the ASM 2 lenses with my mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos on the zentai approach, im working on a classic zentai spidey myself and this is great inspiration. Im getting the ASM 2 lenses with my mod.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back