Chronicles of Riddick C-19 Undercutter Build

Super update bro...

Nice to see it's moving on. It's sometimes hard keep up the MOJO.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the process and the image of your tools.

I totally agree... the search for the process sometimes takes a lot of time.

I have a new BSG on the shelf, trying to rebuild the paneling by sanding away the material between the ribs... It's a nightmare. Atm I'm stuck on the flight pods and the sideribs on the head.

Anyway, this thing looks so cool. Superb work.
Thx Larsen, Galactica is a cool build. I'd love to build the original ship large scale.

Ya I'm a true believer that if you step away and come back to things, a better solution will present itself. The problem with this is that it takes me forever to get anything done. I guess half the fun is just staring at the model and figuring out how you're going to construct that next section. Good times.

Last edited:
Thx Larsen, Galactica is a cool build. I'd love to build the original ship large scale.

Ya I'm a true believer that if you step away and come back to things, a better solution will present itself. The problem with this is that it takes me forever to get anything done. I guess half the fun is just staring at the model and figuring out how you're going to construct that next section. Good times.
Excactley... The contemplating is half the fun, and it does not cost anything. Half the time it put on one of my favorite movies hvile thinking about a problem, sometimes I end up just watching the movie, but it helps my brain to get some perspective.

BTW it's just the Revell bag...

Have you seen the scratch build version by gt350pony? It's incredible.

Excactley... The contemplating is half the fun, and it does not cost anything. Half the time it put on one of my favorite movies hvile thinking about a problem, sometimes I end up just watching the movie, but it helps my brain to get some perspective.

BTW it's just the Revell bag...

Have you seen the scratch build version by gt350pony? It's incredible.
Too funny I do this also. Put a movie on for reference or just to have on in the background and end up watching it.

Too funny I do this also. Put a movie on for reference or just to have on in the background and end up watching it.
Casual references...

Not to be taken lightly... And it sets the mood nicely.

I've managed to spend entire Sundays with both kids, one of them modeling or painting a model, while the other one was watching a movie... Then we'd switch and the other kid would work on their model and the first one would watch the movie...

All in one room... It was a blast.

We got through episode IV, V and VI in that fashion.

Casual references...

Not to be taken lightly... And it sets the mood nicely.

I've managed to spend entire Sundays with both kids, one of them modeling or painting a model, while the other one was watching a movie... Then we'd switch and the other kid would work on their model and the first one would watch the movie...

All in one room... It was a blast.

We got through episode IV, V and VI in that fashion.
You're a lucky man to have family that enjoy your hobbies as well. I have 2 boys that have no interest in hobbies that aren't connected to a game controller.

20220929_143012.jpg

Worked on the airbrakes and some wing internals this afternoon. Finished up one side. slowly moving along.

20220929_144459.jpg
20220929_154253.jpg
20220929_154359.jpg
20220929_154745.jpg

Last edited:
20221005_100136.jpg

Spent a couple hours working on the wing vents today. More of the same process, cutting out the area and gluing in a sloping insert. Some vanes still to be added later.

Also posted a few photos of the process using my 2 favorite tabletop tools.

Trying to keep focused on this one. I recently received a Skyhopper kit that I'm moon lighting with on the side.

20221005_175958.jpg
20221005_091518.jpg
20221005_112845.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1624001

Spent a couple hours working on the wing vents today. More of the same process, cutting out the area and gluing in a sloping insert. Some vanes still to be added later.

Also posted a few photos of the process using my 2 favorite tabletop tools.

Trying to keep focused on this one. I recently received a Skyhopper kit that I'm moon lighting with on the side.

View attachment 1624003View attachment 1624004View attachment 1624005
That looks so cool.

Are you a professional model builder?

Screenshot_20230715_173132_Photos.jpg

Ok time to get her off the shelf and make some more progress. Started working on the wing vents. Those little vanes were a pain in the butt. I ended up just using some .40 Plastruct strips. Giving them a little bend to match the curve, gluing them down and snipping off the excess.

Vanes.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_234444_Photos.jpg

I've been working on completing the vanes on the other wing. But i thought i would share a couple other shots for those that want to see more angles of the assembly. The parts here are still just lying on each other.

Screenshot_20230723_234352_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_234304_Photos.jpg

These are the 4 main assemblies with lots of work still to be done.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230923_221359_Photos.jpg

Got a little more work in this week. I glued the two fuselage shells together. And put in some mounting points so I can screw the fuselage to the lower wing. Then began work on the engine area. Roughing in the platform the stabilizers mount thru and the engine sits on. Also started work on the stabilizers. Getting their size and shape finalized, and researching their panel lines. I don't always agree aestheically with where they're placed. But I'm still shooting for a close as possible.

So i love anything that makes modeling more enjoyable. This week i found a cool little acrylic hobby tool rack. It keeps my most common tools very handy. Easily found with a quick search online. 10 bucks. I'm digging it. Check out the photo at the bottom.

Screenshot_20230923_222306_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_222320_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_224507_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_224442_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_221617_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_221635_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back