Cheap cowboy revolvers? Metal ones?

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey - does anyone know if such a place exists where you can get metal, mechanically-functioning, non-firing old west revolvers? I've found lots online in the $60 range, but was just curious if anyone knew of anywhere that had them cheaper. I'm not looking for anything specific - just yer basic six shooter that can be ****** and has a working trigger... or am I fantasy land?

Last edited:
I'm afraid those in the $60 range at the cheapest you're going to find. I don't even know where you're looking, all the ones I'm finding are in the $80-100 range.

There is a Spanish? company called Denix, who sell replica firearms/swords etc. They do models like the Colt 45 Peacemaker Pistol etc. I dont think you can get a nicer one for less than $60 though.

Yup. That is as cheap as they get. And if you drop one, odds are something on it will break. Blank firing ones cost a bit more but they are made better, although sometimes they don't look as accurate.

all of the above is true........

if you are learning to swirl pistols do it over a couch or bed until you get real good at it because they will crack at the handle , then break on the next drop or two.

denix is your best bet as far as i know.

if you are learning to swirl pistols do it over a couch or bed until you get real good at it because they will crack at the handle , then break on the next drop or two.

For some reason, this strikes me as the advice with the following at the end "Don't ask me why I know this"

Thanks guys - thats what I figured. Just wanted to be sure before I picked one up. I'm not planning on doing anything special with it - it just feels like something I should have, lol.

Thanks guys - thats what I figured. Just wanted to be sure before I picked one up. I'm not planning on doing anything special with it - it just feels like something I should have, lol.

This is a little .99 cent plastic pistol I love to paint up. the grips pop off and the trigger works, but the hammer doesn't lock back and the barrel doesn't rotate. I sell a lot to photographers who use them for photo shoots when they dont want to spring for real metal guns. I know this is on the far end of the cheap spectrum, but I love em ;)

IMG_5766.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - by luck I stopped into the antique mall about a mile from my house today, and found a nice replica just like I had been looking for for $50. So I snagged it. However, there was only one, and I would one day like to have a variety, so dont stop your suggestions! JohnsonArms - that is an amazing paint up - I would have sworn that was metal!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - by luck I stopped into the antique mall about a mile from my house today, and found a nice replica just like I had been looking for for $50. So I snagged it. However, there was only one, and I would one day like to have a variety, so dont stop your suggestions! JohnsonArms - that is an amazing paint up - I would have sworn that was metal!

Thank you! Good luck to ya!

There is also a Spanish company called Gohner that makes a few varieties of metal toy cowboy revolvers that look pretty good. You can pick them up at kapowwe.com

gonher-121-0.jpg

So, what dd you get at the antiques place? Care to post a photo? Is it a denix?

I have a fastdraw denix revolver, and a navy cap and ball replica too. Got them both very cheap on ebay.

Yeah, edison giocattoli makes some cool stuff. I have a bunch of 'em. I'm modifying a couple of falconmatics presently to become seburo style guns.

Which has nothing to do with cowboy guns. :)

EG does make some decent metal cowboy guns too. You can get them in the US through kapowwe as well. I swear, I don't work for them or anything. :)

1-1-644.jpg

1-1-645.jpg

So, what dd you get at the antiques place? Care to post a photo? Is it a denix?

I have a fastdraw denix revolver, and a navy cap and ball replica too. Got them both very cheap on ebay.

My wife has our camera in her purse at work, so I cant take a pic right now. But I found a pic of the exact same thing here (sorry if anyone has any objection to me using this pic):

64181_01.jpg

I dont think its a Denix, it has a marking that says "BKA/98" - which after a small amount of research run between $50-$100, so I guess I did good. It also came with a plaque to mount it on, but it fits horribly so I'm not even using it.

Yeah, edison giocattoli makes some cool stuff. I have a bunch of 'em. I'm modifying a couple of falconmatics presently to become seburo style guns.

Which has nothing to do with cowboy guns. :)

EG does make some decent metal cowboy guns too. You can get them in the US through kapowwe as well. I swear, I don't work for them or anything. :)

1-1-644.jpg

1-1-645.jpg

I have the first one shown (or had. I lost one that I had cut the barrel short on to modify and gave the other away as a christmas gift) and I can say they're really awesome. Great for twirling around and balanced well. Well, as far as a "toy" goes anyways.

I have the first one shown (or had. I lost one that I had cut the barrel short on to modify and gave the other away as a christmas gift) and I can say they're really awesome. Great for twirling around and balanced well. Well, as far as a "toy" goes anyways.

What scale would you say these are compared to the real McCoy? They do look very realistic!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back