Carl9149's "MAN OF STEEL" COSTUME

carl9149

So since I have no commission work at the minute I thought I would start doing a costume design based on the Man Of Steel design. I like the design, it's different and complicated to recreate, but what the hell lets have a go and see how I can do it :)

This is all I have so far:
15140-manofsteel-starter.jpg

I will keep this updated as and when I complete another section, so feel free to ask me any questions ya like. Ta for looking :wacko

Finished design:
001.png

002.png

1-1.png

000.png

It's in the Junkyard for those interested :)

Last edited:
Thats looking awesome so far!! Nice work. If your open for commission in the future let me kno.. keep up the good work.

DarkHero - I'm always open for some commission work message me for what you need.

nlschutd - Maybe some t-shirts, I would have to look into that though, I'll do some research and let you know.

And thanks for the compliments guys :)

I can see this having some great potential!

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to dye-sub prints and such, but, based on your experience, what estimate cost would you say a print would go for?
Perhaps if one were to sew it together themselves?

I'll be watching with lots of interest!

This seems like it would be hell to try to get the raised pattern look on it.

A lot of patience, it will take.

I always wonder how they get those textures on fabrics for the screen suits. People can rarely say how it's actually done. The MoS suit is so big, and the pattern so continuous...there's gotta be a secret.

I'd love to do a MoS suit for some con or party in the future (way in the future) ...but I just wouldn't be satisfied without the chain pattern - which in part makes me want to use a Superman Returns suit. Despite criticisms, I think, for what it was meant to be...it was great (film and suit). It had to grow on me at the start, but yeah.

Anyway, I digress.
Perhaps with some crafty printing, the effect could be created for viewing at a bit of a distance, however close up you'd see it was a print.
That, or a ton of patience with a syringe and textured paint.

Kevin Gossett Ummmmmm...Of course I noticed:$ I was just testing you to see if YOU noticed:lol
No I missed it, thanks pal :thumbsup

spolen23 - thanks for these pal, they will help me out. I think I'm pretty close to the design look, will never be exact, but will do my best to get there :)

Tbh Carl I dnt think its that far out either mate, from a distance im sure ur print would actually look pretty close

OK so thanks to spolen23 linking me to some decent reference pictures I have been re-working my design to be a lot more accurate than my previous attempt.
Here's the new design pattern so far:
15482-1.jpg

15483-2.jpg

I still have a fair way to go yet, but starting to now take some shape :)

Carl that pattern is awesome. For not being a superman fan i think the new suit alone is going to convert me. Great work!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back