Captain America: Civil War

Ha.... I was thinking that too. First things first.... The US needs to collect back taxes from Peter Quill for the last 25 or so year.

What taxes? You only pay taxes on income made in the country. And since he hasn't been on the planet since he was a child, he's had no income on the planet.

What taxes? You only pay taxes on income made in the country. And since he hasn't been on the planet since he was a child, he's had no income on the planet.

It's 'Merica.... they'll find a way to tax him.
How about inheritance?

Or this.

I don't live in the US and I still pay some taxes.

Did Starlord renounce his U.S. citizenship?

Last edited:
I think that has to do with the how, why and where you are outside the US.
Also isn't it tax free only to a certain dollar amount?

Beside Peter has two problems, the first is he has to file a return, the second is pay any taxes due.
And I believe he can't renounce his citizenship just to avoid taxes.

So yes, the IRS will bring down the legendary outlaw Starlord just like they did Al Capone.

Doubt that Thor automatically has diplomatic immunity. Diplomatic status has to be filed by request and that would mean recognizing UN authority.
Thor doesn't even obey Oden-father.

So how is The Vision categorized? He's a sentient AI in a body constructed in Korea by a sentient AI... with the mind stone from another world in his forehead.

...and jumpstarted by Asgardian Magi-Tech. Plus, the sentient AI is Tony's design.

Basically, Vision is as 'Murican as they come.

Also... I love that the Phase Two box set comes with what I'm guessing is a applicable Hispanic Scott Baio tattoo. Marvel is so awesome. Only way they could have topped it would be to include the doll Gary made of Tony. ;)

Hispanic Scott Baio.... Carlos in Charge?

My son and I won two tickets to a special IMAX screening of The Winter Soldier, and a Q&A with the Russo Brothers last week. Had to dress up. Had to get a picture.

1.jpg

Also that is the Think Geek shield backpack. I "Winter Soldier'd" it with some black paint and the Russo Brothers signed it.

3.jpg

Well I've already seen it a bunch of times like I would presume most people in here. But it was awesome to see it again in IMAX, with the Russo brothers sitting right behind us. ;)

Oops - Thought you somehow saw a screening of Civil War - I must learn to read someday!~

Well I've already seen it a bunch of times like I would presume most people in here. But it was awesome to see it again in IMAX, with the Russo brothers sitting right behind us. ;)

LOL I figured. And I wish! I don't think it's finished quite yet though based on what they said during the Q&A. Still a few more months to go.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back